PDA

View Full Version : We Lost to a Good Team

flippy
11-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Hats off to Cincy. They clamped down in the red zone and their defense covered and pressured the QB well. Their defense is better than I thought they were.

I saw a Pittsburgh team that played hard and we were in the game until the final drive.

What some are calling uninspired, I see as a confident team that believes it can pull out a close game. Sure there were mistakes. But there was no need to panic. They've come back before and can come back again. I like their attitude in a close game. This team is cool under pressure, just like their coach.

Unfortunately, we didn't pull it out in the end. But I like that we played a bad game and managed to hang in the game.

Sometimes it's good to lose to good teams during the regular season. We've put up some clunkers in our last 2 SuperBowl years.

Given our somewhat easy schedule, I'm glad Cincy gave us the wake up call. We've got some things to work on over the next months as we go back to work on bringing home that next Lombardi.

It's weird for me, but losses just don't seem to bother me so much anymore. I guess I believe in this team more than I ever have before.

I feel as calm as Tomlin.

BURGH86STEEL
11-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Hats off to Cincy. They clamped down in the red zone and their defense covered and pressured the QB well. Their defense is better than I thought they were.

I saw a Pittsburgh team that played hard and we were in the game until the final drive.

What some are calling uninspired, I see as a confident team that believes it can pull out a close game. Sure there were mistakes. But there was no need to panic. They've come back before and can come back again. I like their attitude in a close game. This team is cool under pressure, just like their coach.

Unfortunately, we didn't pull it out in the end. But I like that we played a bad game and managed to hang in the game.

Sometimes it's good to lose to good teams during the regular season. We've put up some clunkers in our last 2 SuperBowl years.

Given our somewhat easy schedule, I'm glad Cincy gave us the wake up call. We've got some things to work on over the next months as we go back to work on bringing home that next Lombardi.

It's weird for me, but losses just don't seem to bother me so much anymore. I guess I believe in this team more than I ever have before.

I feel as calm as Tomlin.

Hopefully, the Steelers can bounce back. They still have a good shot at winning the division.

Jigawatts
11-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you Flippy. Some of us weren't giving enough credit to the bengals. We're a good
team, they're a good team, today they came out on top.

Mel Blount's G
11-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I'm tasting crow tonight regarding the quality of the bungs. Admittedly, I thought they were posers who would be collapsing right about now and we'd be more concerned w/ the ravens again. I have thought they've been faking it all year. Today showed me that their trenches, their lines on both sides of the ball, are damn good, especially on D. Props to them for a job well done rebuilding that D in the last two years. Great drafts showing themselves on defense AND offense. Impressive defensive front 4 who consistently got into our backfield. And, obviously, we're not the only team realizing the bungs are a strong team

Scarletfire1970
11-15-2009, 08:46 PM
You watched a different game than me Flip.

Ben and Hines and the rest of the offense looked far from "cool". They looked like they gave up.

flippy
11-15-2009, 08:52 PM

Ben and Hines and the rest of the offense looked far from "cool". They looked like they gave up.

We lost by less than a TD.

We had the ball with less than 2 minutes and a chance.

I don't know how you call that giving up?

What did they do specifically to give up?

Ghost
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Not today we didn't. Not the way the O played all game. The 4 and out to end it summed up the game perfectly.

I think the Steelers could beat the Bengals if they met again in the playoffs but the offense AND defense need to show up together, something that hasn't happened either time they have played.

Scarletfire1970
11-15-2009, 09:12 PM

Did you see Hines and Ben on the sidelines? They looked defeated while our defense was on the field. They were about to get the ball back for the final game winning drive and I saw no fire in them. no trying to get it done.

RKSteel
11-15-2009, 09:18 PM

Did you see Hines and Ben on the sidelines? They looked defeated while our defense was on the field. They were about to get the ball back for the final game winning drive and I saw no fire in them. no trying to get it done.
I said to my wife during the 4th qtr, the Bengals wanted it more. They played a great game.