PDA

View Full Version : 40-16

JAR
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
passing plays to rushing plays. Stupid, just stupid. Last weeks win? 29-29.

SuperSize
11-16-2009, 09:33 AM
I agree 100%. Why would you not try to run the ball more, especially when our QB is not having his best day?

Yesterday the stars lined up for the Steelers, and not in a good way. I don't think any person on this board can point to any player, coach, group of personnel, or phase of the game that did not stink out loud yesterday.

Pete

Mister Pittsburgh
11-16-2009, 09:51 AM
What a pathetic performance. Calling 40 pass plays, probably 3/4 of them 5 step drop slow developing pass plays against a D that is blitzing the crap out of your QB. Stupid. Where were the sprint draws and screens? That is what you do against agressive defenses.

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 11:09 AM
yea i did not really get it, the play actions did not work because cincy knew we were not running it...and we were not really running bad either, mendy had a few losses but for the most part he got 3 yards on every carry other than the 11 yd run...

stlrz d
11-16-2009, 09:56 PM
I agree 100%. Why would you not try to run the ball more, especially when our QB is not having his best day?

Yesterday the stars lined up for the Steelers, and not in a good way. I don't think any person on this board can point to any player, coach, group of personnel, or phase of the game that did not stink out loud yesterday.

Pete

Our RZ defense kept the leagues #1 RZ offense out of the EZ all day.

But other than that...yeah....

NorthCoast
11-17-2009, 07:38 PM

Pete

Our RZ defense kept the leagues #1 RZ offense out of the EZ all day.

But other than that...yeah....

I agree. No way you can pin this loss on anything the Defense did when a high powered O was kicking field goals all day. Another case of Arians outsmarting himself thinking Cinci knew we were a passing team but they knew this and we would try to run but Arians knew this and decided to go pass-happy to fake them out....Huh?? (the mind of Arians is a complex thing....)

Fact is, Cinci came in to prove something and they got it done....wasn't pretty but they made enough 'splash' plays as Tomlin likes to say. (If this had been a Ravens game I would probably still be broiling....Bengals...less so.)

SidSmythe
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
That's almost as bad as Mularky's 40-15 pass to run ratio against the Jets in 6 inches of snow