PDA

View Full Version : Let's face it

fordfixer
11-15-2009, 06:09 PM
This was a team loss the O couldn't score in the red zone. The D couldn't stop the Bengals from getting into F.G. range, and could't create a turn over. And special teams allowed a kick off returned for a T.D.. There is enough blame to go around, but all is not lost The Steelers will play again next week :tt1 Go Steelers

SteelCrazy
11-15-2009, 06:13 PM
This was a team loss the O couldn't score in the red zone. The D couldn't stop the Bengals from getting into F.G. range, and could't create a turn over. And special teams allowed a kick off returned for a T.D.. There is enough blame to go around, but all is not lost The Steelers will play again next week :tt1 Go Steelers

Thank you, Grasshopper........ 8)

fordfixer
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM

I think the straps on your jacket are too tight :lol:

BURGH86STEEL
11-15-2009, 06:18 PM

As always, it is usually a team loss. It is a team sport. I am sure all the players involved felt like they should of made a play at some point.

SteelCrazy
11-15-2009, 06:21 PM

My wife seems to think the straps aren't tight enough... :HeadBanger

fordfixer
11-15-2009, 06:23 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: and the arms are too short

Djfan
11-15-2009, 07:36 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: and the arms are too short

And it keeps getting smaller as the weeks go by.

NWNewell
11-15-2009, 10:28 PM

I got to say, I really think this was not soooo much a team lose. Or at lest minus the defense.

Yes, they allowed 4 FG's. But it's 4 FG's! 12 points! Only 218 net yards on 61 plays. And our offense and ST did little to even help in the field position game. Sure, they left a few plays out there and I absolutely hated that Harrison penalty (that was bush league). But any team would consider that a very good defensive performance.

fordfixer
11-15-2009, 10:34 PM

I got to say, I really think this was not soooo much a team lose. Or at lest minus the defense.

Yes, they allowed 4 FG's. But it's 4 FG's! 12 points! Only 218 net yards on 61 plays. And our offense and ST did little to even help in the field position game. Sure, they left a few plays out there and I absolutely hated that Harrison penalty (that was bush league). But any team would consider that a very good defensive performance.

I agree with what you are saying my point is you win as a team you lose as a team.
Either way I still have to go to work tomorrow :lol:

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 09:29 AM
the d did give up too many first downs at the end there, but they were not in FG range if we dont act like punks and get a 15 yd penalty

frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 09:32 AM
the d did give up too many first downs at the end there, but they were not in FG range if we dont act like punks and get a 15 yd penalty

that didnt matter at all since the offense couldnt get one first down on their last possesion. weather you need a fg to tie of a td to win made no difference

steelmann58
11-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Sory can't balme the Defense at all except for not holding onto Interceptions.
This loss is all on the Lack of red zone TD and sloppy ST play again

Sugar
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I wonder if the short week and coming back from the Mountain time zone effected them at all. It just seemed as though there wasn't the usual fire- especially on the part of the Offense. Champions should be able to play through that, but I'm just curious.

Oviedo
11-16-2009, 12:06 PM
I predict we finish no worse than 11-5 or a more likely 12-4. We will make the play offs and we become road warriors like in 2005.

This game probably does mean that you have to pull out all the stops versus Miami the last game of the season and therefore no resting starters. It also means that we may be back in Denver for a play off game.

NWNewell
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Sory can't balme the Defense at all except for not holding onto Interceptions.
This loss is all on the Lack of red zone TD and sloppy ST play again

:Agree

SteelAbility
11-16-2009, 12:31 PM

that didnt matter at all since the offense couldnt get one first down on their last possesion. weather you need a fg to tie of a td to win made no difference

Yes it did matter. It changes the play-calling and the strategy, opening up some run-game, assuming Bruce Arians was capable of actually seing that.

frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 12:33 PM

Yes it did matter. It changes the play-calling and the strategy, opening up some run-game, assuming Bruce Arians was capable of actually seing that.

its hard for me to blame the defense at all for the loss. if the steelers had success running the ball i might agree, but they didnt run the ball all that well

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 05:09 PM
I predict we finish no worse than 11-5 or a more likely 12-4. We will make the play offs and we become road warriors like in 2005.

This game probably does mean that you have to pull out all the stops versus Miami the last game of the season and therefore no resting starters. It also means that we may be back in Denver for a play off game.

It looks more and more like the West will belong to San Diego. They were behind 3 games a month ago, but have already caught the Broncos. They play head-to-head this week with the Chargers on a 4 game winning streak and the Broncos on a 3 game losing streak since they last played each other. If I had to guess today, I'd have the Chargers winning that division, with Denver in the running for a wild card, meaning that we would not have to return to Denver.

SteelAbility
11-16-2009, 05:23 PM

its hard for me to blame the defense at all for the loss. if the steelers had success running the ball i might agree, but they didnt run the ball all that well

When it's obvious that you are in a game where every play/yard/score matters, I can totally blame Harrison for that. Look, I'm a proud card-carrying member of the JH nut-huggers club, but I totally blame him for that. Should there have been a call on the OL guy? Absolutely. But you have no guarantee and you should have been around long enough to realize that the retaliator gets hit with the flag more often than the instigator. A heads-up thing to do would have been to go down on the push and hope to draw attention to it. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. But you have to keep your cool. I'm guessing the Bengals psychology scouts really did their homework on James.

fezziwig
11-16-2009, 08:32 PM
i'm still finding the fault goes to Arians.

stlrz d
11-16-2009, 10:41 PM

When it's obvious that you are in a game where every play/yard/score matters, I can totally blame Harrison for that. Look, I'm a proud card-carrying member of the JH nut-huggers club, but I totally blame him for that. Should there have been a call on the OL guy? Absolutely. But you have no guarantee and you should have been around long enough to realize that the retaliator gets hit with the flag more often than the instigator. A heads-up thing to do would have been to go down on the push and hope to draw attention to it. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. But you have to keep your cool. I'm guessing the Bengals psychology scouts really did their homework on James.

I don't even know how to respond to that.

BATMAN
11-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Does look like Harrison can be lured into a pentalty.

Let's face this, we might have just kissed our opportunity for a playoff spot.
We don't have the easy schedule the Bengals have. We could go 11-5 and still not make the grade.

stlrz d
11-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Does look like Harrison can be lured into a pentalty.

Let's face this, we might have just kissed our opportunity for a playoff spot.
We don't have the easy schedule the Bengals have. We could go 11-5 and still not make the grade.

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2009, 02:33 AM

The Bengals organization is so cheap that they don't even want to pay a full complement of actual football scouts, never mind psychology scouts (seriously...Mike Brown has one full time scout and 3 scouting consultants for a professional football team. Most teams have 2-3 times that many people in their scouting department as full-time scouts. Plus, they don't even have a G.M. because the owner thinks he can do that job just fine himself...and we know historically how well that plan has gone).

They may have won the game this weekend, but I still contend that as an organization, :bungalssuck The Larry Johnson signing is further evidence of such incompetance. You are finally winning, so what do you do? Invite in a divisive force into your locker room. Brilliant!

http://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/guinness-brilliant.jpg

steelblood
11-17-2009, 11:53 AM

The wheels are falling off in Denver. I think Chargers will win the division.

NW Steeler
11-17-2009, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bengals lose a game or two they shouldn't. We could still catch them, although I would feel better if we didn't have to play the Rats twice. They will be tough to put away, and they are only a game behind us. The game in two weeks will be HUGE.

fezziwig
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
The Ravens seem to be having their problems at this time. I hope they continue to falter.

NW Steeler
11-17-2009, 01:18 PM
They may be having their problems, but you know that any game with them will be a war. I know that everyone talks about a must-win game, and how none are really a must-win, but that game in two weeks in B-more will be as close as you can get to that. I think we'll be ready.
:ratsuck

Wolfhound45
11-17-2009, 01:31 PM
They may be having their problems, but you know that any game with them will be a war. I know that everyone talks about a must-win game, and how none are really a must-win, but that game in two weeks in B-more will be as close as you can get to that. I think we'll be ready.
:ratsuck

All I know is that we had our chance to settle this in our house this past Sunday. Now all bets are off. I hope the Steelers are up to the challenge. It is now officially a seven game season.

NW Steeler
11-17-2009, 02:41 PM
You are right Wolfhound, they had the opportunity to take care of business and make it a lot easier on themselves. But they didn't. One thing about Tomlin's teams, they have always responded when they have been backed into a corner. Maybe they took it all for granted last Sunday, figuring that they couldn't lose. Everyone talks about the SB hangover. Ours seems to be quite a bit lesser than past years. If Sunday's loss was a wakeup call, so be it. Like you said, they've got 7 games left to put themselves into the best position possible. We can win on the road in the playoffs.

fezziwig
11-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Charlie Batch was on the radio today and obviously, he spoke about the loss. He said many of the outsiders, ( I'm guessing fans, media, friends and relatives ) continued to tell him and the team, " this Bengal game was an easy win for the Steelers. "
Batch said the players didn't think that way at all. They had their minds made up that it was going to be a battle and they realized the Bengals defense as improved very much.

Paraphrased a bit.

If they knew the Bengals were no longer the Bungles, I guess we seen the best they could come up with.
Personally the loss goes on me. I knew better to ever lay claim to a victory that hasn't been won yet. I went against my Murphy's Law karma and it blew up in our Steeler faces. Crap ! I trusted Arians !