PDA

View Full Version : Offense with Ben at the club late Fri.

Steelhere10
11-15-2009, 06:04 PM
I seen with my own eyes , they was at the S Bar around 2am Friday night. And they played like it . I now see why the media criticize Ben. Any one from Pittsburgh is this normal.

phillyesq
11-15-2009, 06:07 PM
So Ben was out 2 nights before the game? Building relationships with his offensive line? I'm sorry, this doesn't bother me. If he was out late on Saturday, this would be a different situation, but I don't think this made a difference at all.

BURGH86STEEL
11-15-2009, 06:20 PM
I seen with my own eyes , they was at the S Bar around 2am Friday night. And they played like it . I now see why the media criticize Ben. Any one from Pittsburgh is this normal.

Ben's not the only one that likes to hang out. Several Steelers players hang out. I am sure it was not the first time and it won't be the last.

sd steel
11-15-2009, 06:25 PM
So Ben was out 2 nights before the game? Building relationships with his offensive line? I'm sorry, this doesn't bother me. If he was out late on Saturday, this would be a different situation, but I don't think this made a difference at all.

I guess it would depend on how much they drank, and how late they stayed out. Why friday and not Sunday after the game? I'm sure many players do this, here in SD it's an epidemic, but if you are seen out late partying, if you don't win you better be ready for some critcism.

grotonsteel
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM

Big Ben played as if he had a hangover...i just hope he did not bang some stupid beaver on Fri night.

Scarletfire1970
11-15-2009, 07:17 PM

I guess it would depend on how much they drank, and how late they stayed out. Why friday and not Sunday after the game? I'm sure many players do this, here in SD it's an epidemic, but if you are seen out late partying, if you don't win you better be ready for some critcism.
On a short week with the division on the line, i wouldn't be doing that.

Djfan
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM

On a short week with the division on the line, i wouldn't be doing that.

Agreed. I just don't see that as responsible. That's just me.

Steelhere10
11-15-2009, 07:32 PM

On a short week with the division on the line, i wouldn't be doing that.i agree 100%

Ozey74
11-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Don't I don't wanna sound like a fuddy-duddy, but I don't think you would find Manning or Brady doing this. They have 6 months of off-season to do this type of stuff. Why do it 2 games before your playing for the division?

Mister Pittsburgh
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't think Ben is the brightest bulb nor the sharpest tool.

Mel Blount's G
11-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Don't I don't wanna sound like a fuddy-duddy, but I don't think you would find Manning or Brady doing this. They have 6 months of off-season to do this type of stuff. Why do it 2 games before your playing for the division?

Some might argue that success has come a little too easy for Ben and it may have negatively effected his motivation, desire and work ethic.

I don't know if that holds any truth or not but one thing I HAVE said for years is that if he wants to have all the skills that manning an brady have, the super-human accuracy and impeccable timing with their throws/receivers, then he will have to develop the work habits those guys have and spend a good deal of his free time wodshedding it. For example, Manning and Brady drop that long bomb into Wallace's bread basket today after spending a month in the off season at the field with their receivers throwing hundreds of those until they can do it blind folded

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_YMirgSzJl7A/R7kAJ5EU1BI/AAAAAAAABcU/EsL93ybriG8/s320/forum_2f455681_two_cents_small.jpg

stlrz d
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Non issue.

Not one person here has a clue if this is even true, or has a clue how much alcohol may have been consumed if it is true.

flippy
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
1. If these guys enjoy going out, I say go for it. They've earned it.

2. Maybe they enjoy a few drinks to deal with the pain that comes from the violence you all want to see them participate in week in and week out. Odds are, these guys lives will be shorter than ours. May as well live it up.

3. Can anyone say for certain Ben doesn't work as hard as Peyton or Brady? Maybe he works harder. He's way more successful this early in his career compared to those 2. So I say he's probably doing alright. Ben's also not a douche like Brady and Manning (blaming teammates, yelling at them, throwing tantrums on the sideline, etc.)

Scarletfire1970
11-15-2009, 09:08 PM

2. Maybe they enjoy a few drinks to deal with the pain that comes from the violence you all want to see them participate in week in and week out. Odds are, these guys lives will be shorter than ours. May as well live it up.

3. Can anyone say for certain Ben doesn't work as hard as Peyton or Brady? Maybe he works harder. He's way more successful this early in his career compared to those 2. So I say he's probably doing alright. Ben's also not a douche like Brady and Manning (blaming teammates, yelling at them, throwing tantrums on the sideline, etc.)
I think it is fairly well known Ben doesn't put in the kind of time these other guys do.
And these guys have the entire offseason to party. Not two days before the biggest game of the season thus far. Oh and did I mention the division title was at stake?

stlrz d
11-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Were you there? Do you know how much each guy had to drink? Is what they had to drink too much for them based on their size, tolerance, etc?

Jigawatts
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
I was there also. I saw Jeff Reed making out with a towel dispenser and Santonio Holmes
smoking dank along with Mike Tomlin. I said "Mike, is it appropriate to be smoking with
your players two days before a divisional game." He said, "Jigawatts, look at Ben dancing
over there on top of the bar. With moves like that we ain't got nothing to worry about."
I said, "cool, it would be one hell of a splash play if you'd puff puff pass."

Then Russel Crowe walked in and punched me in the face. He said, "oops, I thought you
were Pete Wentz." It turns out he's a hell of a nice guy. It was just a slight mix up, so
he bought me a lap dance with the Greg Warren, not that there's anything wrong with that.

flippy
11-15-2009, 09:27 PM

I think it is fairly well known Ben doesn't put in the kind of time these other guys do.
And these guys have the entire offseason to party. Not two days before the biggest game of the season thus far. Oh and did I mention the division title was at stake?

How many hours do Peyton, Brady, and Ben spend studying each day? How much extra time do Brady and Peyton spend practicing each day?

If we compare their career YPA stats which are most important for a QB, Ben's got the lead.

Ben - 8.0
Peyton - 7.7
Brady - 7.3

And he's got the least experience.

How much did each player that drank too much drink? Were they hung over on Sat? Did they still feel the effects on Sun?

Most of these guys take pain killers on Sundays that are more powerful than booze any way.

Scarletfire1970
11-15-2009, 09:33 PM
I was there also. I saw Jeff Reed making out with a towel dispenser and Santonio Holmes
smoking dank along with Mike Tomlin. I said "Mike, is it appropriate to be smoking with
your players two days before a divisional game." He said, "Jigawatts, look at Ben dancing
over there on top of the bar. With moves like that we ain't got nothing to worry about."

Then Russel Crowe walked in and punched me in the face. He said, "oops, I thought you
were Pete Wentz." It turns out he's a hell of a nice guy. It was just a slight mix up, so
he bought me a lap dance with the Greg Warren, not that there's anything wrong with that.
:shock:
:lol:

Wolfhound45
11-15-2009, 09:34 PM

Hilarious!

Steelhere10
11-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Non issue.

Not one person here has a clue if this is even true, or has a clue how much alcohol may have been consumed if it is true.Dude why would i make this up? i came all the way from Georgia to see the game and i seen them hanging out, if any one from Pittsburgh was at the S Bar Friday night saw them. And the sad thing is that is was all the offense and no deffense players that was there. and whether they consumed alchohol or not don't matter i left that bar at 2am and they was still there.

birtikidis
11-16-2009, 01:09 AM
call me a skeptic or maybe even a cynic, but you saw these guys at the club and didn't get a single pic? and amazingly you waited until after the game to post on a message board two days after seeing them? curious.

Steelhere10
11-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Dude to be honest, I could care less if you believe me . You could be skeptic don't matter to me. I know what I saw and anybody from the city that was in the club also seen the players.

birtikidis
11-16-2009, 02:45 AM
I'm not calling you a liar.. I'm just a skeptical person.
I'm not trying to call you out or anything, so don't take it that way.
it just seems to me that you would have at least taken a pic or said something about it prior to the post game meltdown....

stlrz d
11-16-2009, 08:22 AM
Non issue.

Not one person here has a clue if this is even true, or has a clue how much alcohol may have been consumed if it is true.Dude why would i make this up? i came all the way from Georgia to see the game and i seen them hanging out, if any one from Pittsburgh was at the S Bar Friday night saw them. And the sad thing is that is was all the offense and no deffense players that was there. and whether they consumed alchohol or not don't matter i left that bar at 2am and they was still there.

Well you better take charge of that situation then, Coach Tomlin. :roll:

bostonsteeler
11-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Dude to be honest, I could care less if you believe me . You could be skeptic don't matter to me. I know what I saw and anybody from the city that was in the club also seen the players.

If that's true, Tomlin is not doing his duty.
I'd think the coach would corral his players starting Thursday or Friday, to ensure no hangovers and plenty of rest?

RussBII
11-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Is this really a big deal? Short week, big game coming up... They wanted to blow off some steam. These guys are cutting their lives short by like 20 years for the money and our enjoyment...

Go have some fun, boys! Read some stories about the NFL in the 50s or 60s and this kind of behavior was the rule not the exception.

Do I wish we had won? Yes. Do I think having a good time on Friday night caused use to lose? Hell no.

And Peyton an Brady probably just stay at home and get drunk because they'd be mobbed otherwise. Besidess, if you're Tom Brady? Why would you go out anyway....

flippy
11-16-2009, 09:58 AM
[quote="Steelhere10" i left that bar at 2am[/quote]

What's a fan doing out that late on a weekend before a game? Maybe you let the team down as a fan and didn't hold up to your fan duties as well as you should have ;)

Steelhere10
11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
[quote="Steelhere10" i left that bar at 2am

What's a fan doing out that late on a weekend before a game? Maybe you let the team down as a fan and didn't hold up to your fan duties as well as you should have ;)[/quote]you are correct. Maybe I didn't cheer as much as I could have . Maybe because the offense sucked so bad OR I was still hungover.

AngryAsian
11-16-2009, 11:12 AM

Why on earth would you accept a lap dance from Greg Warren? That's just sick. I thought you didn't bat for the other team.... I guess I was wrong. What kind of Clubs do you hang out at? :shock:

ikestops85
11-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Well that might explain the woes about the offense but why did the DBs drop 3 interceptions? Not that the defense played bad (they didn't) but they also didn't make any splash plays and they had a few opportunities.

Face it, the whole team was a bit out of sync. Granted it was the offense more than the defense but you have to give the bengals credit. They came into our house and beat us.

That's okay ... it's too early to peak. We need to start building slowly now and finish the season 12-4. I see us splitting with the Ravens. Once the playoffs start you can throw what happened in the regular season out the window. That's when the real season starts and that's when we have to shine.

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
i dont agree with it, but its not really the end of the world, i bet peyton was studying his playbook on friday night....no bashing of ben though, it was one game and it was one of the worst games i have seen him play, but that cincy defense was really good

BradshawsHairdresser
11-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Maybe Bruce Arians and some of our DBs were hungover, too?

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 04:35 PM

I think Manning and Brady's wives would probably be pretty ticked off if they were doing this. That is why they were home, while the single guys were at the bar.

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 04:36 PM

Sounds like Jiga did a little puff puff bogart before posting this. Either that, or Greg Warren hit him square in the temple with a long snap. :P

papillon
11-16-2009, 04:46 PM

And, this common knowledge was divulged to the public by whom? Until, a former coach, former teammate, current coach or current teammate broadcasts to the media that Ben doesn't work hard during the season and off-season I have to let his success do the talking and his success hasn't been duplicated by any of the following at this point in their careers: Montana, Elway, Marino, Brady, Manning (both, hell, all three), Young, Aikman, Bradshaw, Unitas, Namath, Starr, Graham, etc., etc., maybe those guys didn't work as hard as Ben does right now.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
11-17-2009, 01:07 AM
how hard was brady studying while away from his team for a week in the opposing team's city staying with a supermodel? on the verge of football history?

why did that record breaking offense score only 14 points in that match up?