PDA

View Full Version : Bengals will not win the division

Zigs
11-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Relax!!

They are the Bungals dont forget...and they still have to play the Vikes, Chargers, and Jets.

You heard it here first!

Ozey74
11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
this makes me feel a little bit better. thanks. if we can run the table and the Bungles lose 2 games we can win, right?

Wolfhound45
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
No matter how things shake out, we have to finish one game in front of them. First tie breaker is head to head.

Starlifter
11-15-2009, 06:51 PM
it sure ain't over BUT if you look at cincy's schedule i can see them at 12-4. that means to win the division we gotta run the table. anything can happen of course but we certainly dug a hole today.

today was important because the bungles have oakland, cleveland and detroit next. that sounds like they'll be at 10-2 and feeling pretty darn confident. hope they lose to minny and the bolts to go 10-4, then KC and the jets.

as for us....

chiefs
ravens
raiders
browns
packers
ravens
dolphins

running the table won't be easy, but I think if we get the next 3 and are 9-3 it will make the last month of the season very very interesting....

Ozey74
11-15-2009, 06:56 PM
sweeping the Ravens will be hard.

:ratsuck

Scarletfire1970
11-15-2009, 06:57 PM
If the Bengals can beat us in a game for division in our HOUSe and sweep us. They should have no problem with those other teams.

pfelix73
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I think they are gonna lay an egg next weekend in Oakland- it ain't easy going to the west coast for a game.

Ask the Eagles... and they are still losing to the Bolts as of this moment...

grotonsteel
11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Bumgals will win the division. They are clearly the better team. They have a cupcake schedule.

They were the most physical team on the field. Hats off bumgals...Steelers will be fighting for wild card here on...sad but true...

NWNewell
11-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Cincy took the division today. Not a doubt in my mind. And they deserve it. They swept us and Baltimore, and they've already got one win on CLE. No way you can't say they haven't earned the division title.

But I think 11-5 will earn us a wildcard spot (That allows us to split the Ravens games and dropping one to either GB or MIA).

Ghost
11-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Not sure how anyone watches todays game and doesn't think the Bengals are the best team in it. They swept the Steelers.

I could see the Steelers spiltting with the Ravens but they could and should win 6 out of the next 7. Just make the Playoffs and anything can happen!!

SteelBucks
11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
this makes me feel a little bit better. thanks. if we can run the table and the Bungles lose 2 games we can win, right?

Yes.

There's a lot of football left. I'm not giving up on the division after 9 games.

stlrz d
11-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Not sure how anyone watches todays game and doesn't think the Bengals are the best team in it. They swept the Steelers.

I could see the Steelers spiltting with the Ravens but they could and should win 6 out of the next 7. Just make the Playoffs and naything can happen!!

I don't think they are.

I think they're a good team...but not the best in the division.

But like I've posted elsewhere, they came to play today and we didn't.

Ghost
11-15-2009, 09:57 PM
They've swept the Steelers, swept the Ravens, beaten the Browns when they played, and have the best record in the division. What more do they need to do?

If the Steelers had beaten everyone and was leading the division and someone tried to claim they weren't the best, people here would go crazy. It sounds foolish to say the Bengals are not the best team.

Jom112
11-16-2009, 01:01 AM
I think they are gonna lay an egg next weekend in Oakland- it ain't easy going to the west coast for a game.

Ask the Eagles... and they are still losing to the Bolts as of this moment...

I'm more worried about the upcoming Oakland game than I was about the Raven's game last week. After two tough divisional games against the Ravens and Steelers, traveling to the West Coast against the Raiders just smells like a trap game.

Hopefully their receivers keep dropping the ball though and bail us out...

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 10:21 AM
they lose to oakland.....long west coast trips hurt sometimes after a big win....wishful thinking, perhaps

SidSmythe
11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
To think the Bungles are going to run the table would make them a 14-2 team ...if they do that, then hats off to them. I just don't see it.

I can see them going 12-4 though, which means we have to win out and go 13-3. Don't see that happening either.

Most realistic opportunity is them finishing 11-5 and us at 12-4

frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM
who do the bengals still have thats a good team? they swept the ravens and steelers i wouldnt think their remaining schedule would be all that tough

Sugar
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
The Bengals are playing with a lot of confidence and swagger right now. In the NFL, anything can happen, but I see them maybe dropping one more unless something freaky like an injury or something happens.

They feel that they have gotten that Steeler monkey off their backs and are well positioned for the rest of the season.

Ghost
11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
who do the bengals still have thats a good team? they swept the ravens and steelers i wouldnt think their remaining schedule would be all that tough

Bengals have OAK, CLE, DET the next three weeks - all wins. Then they have 2 tough games - MIN and SAN followed by KC and JETS. Should be a 12 win season but could be 13.

If the Steelers went 6-7 (splitting with the Ravens and hopefully facing the not good Packers - not the team that just beat the boys) they'd still not win the division but would take a wild card for sure.

frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 11:11 AM

Bengals have OAK, CLE, DET the next three weeks - all wins. Then they have 2 tough games - MIN and SAN followed by KC and JETS. Should be a 12 win season but could be 13.

If the Steelers went 6-7 (splitting with the Ravens and hopefully facing the not good Packers - not the team that just beat the boys) they'd still not win the division but would take a wild card for sure.

wow pretty easy road the rest of the way for cincy. doesnt look good to win the division at all. i would be shocked if the steelers dont get a wildcard though

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 11:27 AM
A month ago, following a Denver win in San Diego, 34-23, the Broncos were 6-0 and the Chargers were 2-3. Denver was crowned AFC West championsions right then and there. Fast forward to today. Both teams are 6-3. Things change fast in this league.

Titles are not given out in November.

There are still 7 games to go, and we are one game back in the standings (essentially two, because we have to finish with a better record because they own the first tiebreaker). Are we saying it is impossible for us to be two games better than the Bengals in the last 7 games? Is it out of the realm of possibility that they go 4-3 down the stretch and we go 6-1?

Everyone is granting the Bengals the next 3 games automatically because they are the obvious better team. I would not be surprised in the least if one of those team bit them in the butt. After beating their division rivals in back-to-back weeks, completing the sweep of both of them, they might have a tendency to read their positive press clippings and get a warm, fuzzy feeling about how good they are, allowing them to overlook a team that they should beat easily.

The Bengals have handled adversity well this season. That is commendable. But the question from this point forward is how well they handle success. Continuing to win when you are expected to win is often more difficult than it sounds.

I think they could certainly lose either game when they have to travel out to the West Coast to face the Raiders and Chargers. They will be underdogs in Minnesota. It might come down to the very last week when they have to travel to the Meadowlands to face Rex Ryan, who knows a lot about these Bengals from his days in Baltimore.

I am by no means discounting the Bengals. They beat us twice and they deserve legit respect. I'm just not ready to concede the division when we are only one game into the second half of the season. Not yet.

steelmann58
11-16-2009, 11:34 AM
your all fooling yorself this benegals team will win the divison and also get a first round bye

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
your all fooling yorself this benegals team will win the divison and also get a first round bye

If they do, they do. As Denny Green might say, "If you wanna crown 'em, then crown their @$$e$!!!" I respect the Bengals as a team right now, after 9 games, but there is still 7 weeks of football left before the playoffs start. Anything can happen.

The last time Cincy won the AFC North, though, we got in as a wildcard and beat the AFC North champion Bengals, AFC South champion Colts, and AFC West champion Broncos all on the road. Guess who is leading the AFC North, AFC South, and AFC West today? The Bengals, Colts, and Broncos. Weird.

Steeler Mafia
11-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Cincy won the division today. They were the better team and came to play. We, on the other hand, had no intrest in playing let alone winning the game. I hope they are thankful of the gift we just gave them a month and a half before Christmas. Where is the WE SUCK smiley? After getting swept by the Bengals, it is quite fitting today.

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't understand the "They Rule and We Suck" sentiments that seem to be coming after this game. Yes, they won the game and deserve accolades. Yes, they completed the sweep and now have the inside track to win the division because of essentially a two game lead because of the tiebreaker they earned. However, this was not a one-sided dominating performance in which we were outclassed entirely.

In this game, neither QB looked particularly effective. It seemed like an off-day for both guys. Each of them threw for 170-something yards, and were not nearly as accurate in this game as they have been throughout the first half of the season.

The running game was barely even mediocre for both teams. Even though they lost Benson to injury in the game, he wasn't doing all that much before he went down (he was averaging 3.1 ypc on 7 rushes with a long of 9 yards, while Rashard averaged 2.8 ypc on 13 rushes with a long of 10 yards).

Neither offense could finish a drive in the end zone, settling for 4 field goals a piece.

Aside from the one heinous special teams breakdown, which was the ultimate difference in the game, this was an evenly matched but poorly played 12-12 snore-fest by both teams.

I am no more or less impressed with either team after this game, unlike most who want to crown the Bengals today and throw our team in the dumpster. We came in with a 5 game win streak, and they came in having won 6 out of their previous 7 games. I still think that we are both good teams...and anything can happen in the next 7 games.

AngryAsian
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't understand the "They Rule and We Suck" sentiments that seem to be coming after this game. Yes, they won the game and deserve accolades. Yes, they completed the sweep and now have the inside track to win the division because of essentially a two game lead because of the tiebreaker they earned. However, this was not a one-sided dominating performance in which we were outclassed entirely.

In this game, neither QB looked particularly effective. It seemed like an off-day for both guys. Each of them threw for 170-something yards, and were not nearly as accurate in this game as they have been throughout the first half of the season.

The running game was barely even mediocre for both teams. Even though they lost Benson to injury in the game, he wasn't doing all that much before he went down (he was averaging 3.1 ypc on 7 rushes with a long of 9 yards, while Rashard averaged 2.8 ypc on 13 rushes with a long of 10 yards).

Neither offense could finish a drive in the end zone, settling for 4 field goals a piece.

Aside from the one heinous special teams breakdown, which was the ultimate difference in the game, this was an evenly matched but poorly played 12-12 snore-fest by both teams.

I am no more or less impressed with either team after this game, unlike most who want to crown the Bengals today and throw our team in the dumpster. We came in with a 5 game win streak, and they came in having won 6 out of their previous 7 games. I still think that we are both good teams...and anything can happen in the next 7 games.

Logic in excess, Ruthless. Meltdowns after a loss is to be expected. My wife told me I was a bear yesterday and slightly more tolerable today. The board is a haven for the release of our angst regarding the loss. Some fixate on certain items more than others.

steelmann58
11-16-2009, 01:41 PM
id we can't win it and beat them as a wild card as long as the ST do there job and Arains grows a brain

papillon
11-16-2009, 01:54 PM
This was a typical Steeler game this year. They were unable to get all three phases of the team making plays and this week they were missing 2 out of 3 and were still in a position to win the game with 2 minutes left. Not likely it was going to happen today, but Ben has bailed this team out before in games where he's been woeful for 3 quarters.

Giving up or conceding anything at this point is ridiculous. The Bengals were the better team yesterday, big deal. There are 7 games remaining the Steelers will play them one at a time and with each win keep the pressure on the Bengals. A position not many on that team have been in since they've been professional football players.

Of course, losses make it less likely to take the division or even a wild card, but I'm willing to let the rest of the season play out and then give the division to whoever earned the title after 16 games.

Too much football left to be played to give up. I don't get the "the season's over attitude", of course, I'm one of those guys that watches a game and when the Steelers are losing begins to determine what has to happen in the last 4 minutes to pull out the win. Hasn't Ben Roethlisberger done that enough in his young career to make you believe he can find a way to win any game in which he is playing? He has for me...as long he's on the field or given a chance I like the Steelers possibilities.

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 02:25 PM
This was a typical Steeler game this year. They were unable to get all three phases of the team making plays and this week they were missing 2 out of 3 and were still in a position to win the game with 2 minutes left. Not likely it was going to happen today, but Ben has bailed this team out before in games where he's been woeful for 3 quarters.

Giving up or conceding anything at this point is ridiculous. The Bengals were the better team yesterday, big deal. There are 7 games remaining the Steelers will play them one at a time and with each win keep the pressure on the Bengals. A position not many on that team have been in since they've been professional football players.

Of course, losses make it less likely to take the division or even a wild card, but I'm willing to let the rest of the season play out and then give the division to whoever earned the title after 16 games.

Too much football left to be played to give up. I don't get the "the season's over attitude", of course, I'm one of those guys that watches a game and when the Steelers are losing begins to determine what has to happen in the last 4 minutes to pull out the win. Hasn't Ben Roethlisberger done that enough in his young career to make you believe he can find a way to win any game in which he is playing? He has for me...as long he's on the field or given a chance I like the Steelers possibilities.

Pappy

Good points, Pap.

We are playing a team that is 6-2, with our offense and special teams both playing poorly, and somehow we are still in a position to win in with a 2 minute drive at the end of the game. That doesn't sound like a team that sucks. Looks like a defense that put us in position to be able to win the game at the end. That typically does not happen when 2 out of the 3 phases flame out against a quality opponent.

And your point about pressure is well taken. I love the fact that we play at K.C. at 1:00 next week while they play at Oakland at 4:15. They will know before their game starts that we beat the Chiefs (which everyone expects to happen...Hardliner, a K.C. fan, say Pittsburgh should win by 24), putting the pressure on them to follow suit against the Raiders if they want to keep us off their heels. Similarly, when they play in Minnesota on 12-13-09, they will already be aware of our Thursday night defeat of the lowly Browns that week, and the pressure will be on them to try and keep pace. And the following week, our game against the Packers at Heinz will be at 1:00, so they will know the result before they start their 4:05 showdown in San Diego. Keep the pressure on 'em, boys!!!

papillon
11-16-2009, 03:21 PM

Pappy

Good points, Pap.

We are playing a team that is 6-2, with our offense and special teams both playing poorly, and somehow we are still in a position to win in with a 2 minute drive at the end of the game. That doesn't sound like a team that sucks. Looks like a defense that put us in position to be able to win the game at the end. That typically does not happen when 2 out of the 3 phases flame out against a quality opponent.

And your point about pressure is well taken. I love the fact that we play at K.C. at 1:00 next week while they play at Oakland at 4:15. They will know before their game starts that we beat the Chiefs (which everyone expects to happen...Hardliner, a K.C. fan, say Pittsburgh should win by 24), putting the pressure on them to follow suit against the Raiders if they want to keep us off their heels. Similarly, when they play in Minnesota on 12-13-09, they will already be aware of our Thursday night defeat of the lowly Browns that week, and the pressure will be on them to try and keep pace. And the following week, our game against the Packers at Heinz will be at 1:00, so they will know the result before they start their 4:05 showdown in San Diego. Keep the pressure on 'em, boys!!!

I didn't even check the times of games that could apply pressure (provided we win), but even if the games were played at the same time and both teams win they know the next week they don't have room for error. The fact that some of the times work to our favor is icing on the cake.

As I mentioned there is too much football to be played this year. The Broncos watched a 3 game lead disappear in 4 weeks time. I think there will be a lot of changes over the next 7 weeks of the season.

Pappy

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
No speculating. We had our shot...Twice! We dug a big hole now. We have to learn and understand we still control our own fate for the playoffs and focus on that. What ever happens in the division is out of our control because we couldn't produce. KC next...That's the task at hand.

JAR
11-16-2009, 03:38 PM
From a Bengals fan on another board. :Clap

Bengal fan here.

Anyway, I didnt come here to troll, I was just enjoying all the
disappointment but then I saw this thread and I felt compelled
to comment.

This thread title is the very reason why Steelers fans are hated.

It reeks of obnoxiousness and stupidity.

Here you guys are, 6-3 and the defending World
Champions yet some of you have the nerve to
say your team "sucks".

Are you kidding me?

I hate the Steelers with every fiber of my being
but even I know that your team and your coaches
don't suck.

Anyways, it was a good game between two good
teams and both teams fought hard. Hopefully we
don't have to play you guys again in the playoffs
but if we do, I'm sure everyone would be down to
see round three.

Who Dey

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 03:42 PM

Bengal fan here.

to comment.

say your team "sucks".

Are you kidding me?

don't suck.

see round three.

Who Dey

that guy is right, alot of people here make some comments that are head scratchers, and to say the bengals suck is a dumb comment, if they suck than we must really suck...sound like raven fans last year when we say that they suck and they are lucky...they beat us in our house fair and square, now i do think that if we play them again we win but that is neither here nor there...

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2009, 03:44 PM

Bengal fan here.

to comment.

say your team "sucks".

Are you kidding me?

don't suck.

see round three.

Who Dey

that guy is right, alot of people here make some comments that are head scratchers, and to say the bengals suck is a dumb comment, if they suck than we must really suck...sound like raven fans last year when we say that they suck and they are lucky...they beat us in our house fair and square, now i do think that if we play them again we win but that is neither here nor there...

:bungalssuck :lol: :stirpot

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
11-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Bengals will finish 11-5 losing @ the Chargers and @ The Vikings, somewhere in there remaining games they will lay an egg.

We will split with Baltimore but win the rest... 12-4 and we take the division.

The only game that we should not win is at Baltimore, IMO.

SteelAbility
11-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Well, if the Bengals are who we thought they were ... yesterday at about 1 p.m. ... we have a shot at winning this division.

Zigs
11-17-2009, 01:04 AM
The Bungals will have a letdown and will lose one of the next 3. They will also lose to Minn and the Bolts.

Remember - they are the Bungals and also will be without Benson. (maybe the Governor or Kraus can pick up the slack)