PDA

View Full Version : I Refuse....

Jooser
11-15-2009, 05:20 PM
to participate in the meltdown here tonight. Sure we played lousy, but I'm not going over the edge like the Ravens' fans do after they lose. We're still in second place in the division and in the running for a wildcard berth. These guys are still getting paid and when they run out to embrace each other and hug it out after such a lack-luster effort, I draw the line. I can't get that personally into it any more. I can only care as much as the team does. Later, Joos

steelz09
11-15-2009, 05:27 PM
If I went to that game, I would email the Steelers organization and ask for my money back :)

Seriously, though .. people pay a lot of money to support the Steelers by paying for expensive tickets, wearing apparel, etc and this is the way the Steelers players perform? They should be ashamed of themselves.

They showed no heart at all. They showed absolutely no will to win. It's not the loss that bothers me so much ... it's the complete lack of competitiveness ....

SteelTorch
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
to participate in the meltdown here tonight. Sure we played lousy, but I'm not going over the edge like the Ravens' fans do after they lose. We're still in second place in the division and in the running for a wildcard berth. These guys are still getting paid and when they run out to embrace each other and hug it out after such a lack-luster effort, I draw the line. I can't get that personally into it any more. I can only care as much as the team does. Later, Joos
Wow, can you please tell me how you read minds? How you can tell what the team is thinking? For real, who are you to say those guys don't care? Just because they didn't throw tantrums and start shoving each other?

So we play one real bad game and you're throwing in the towel. That's what you seem to be getting at here.

BURGH86STEEL
11-15-2009, 05:30 PM
If I went to that game, I would email the Steelers organization and ask for my money back :)

Seriously, though .. people pay a lot of money to support the Steelers by paying for expensive tickets, wearing apparel, etc and this is the way the Steelers players perform? They should be ashamed of themselves.

They showed no heart at all. They showed absolutely no will to win. It's not the loss that bothers me so much ... it's the complete lack of competitiveness ....

The game was very competitive up till the end.

feltdizz
11-15-2009, 05:33 PM
every week someone has to lose.. and it was us this week. It happens.. just looked like a bad day at the office. Everyone has one and Ben and the OL had theirs today.

I do wonder if Ben went to the PITT game last night cause he looked hung over and just ready to go home.

Tomlinator
11-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm with you Jooser. I've watched too long to worry about games like these. It sucks and is frustrating, but you can only hope the team comes out and plays well next week.

Ben and the offense seemd to sleepwalk thru this one. Sure the Bungles played well, but we made them look even better with the seeming lack of focus and effort.

The talking heads will drive you crazy if you listen to them but there is a lot of the season left. The Bungles own tie breakers, not the division. Not yet. There are still 7 games to play. The first goal is to get to the playoffs. And we've all seen what the Steelers can do no matter what their seed.

steelz09
11-15-2009, 05:37 PM
every week someone has to lose.. and it was us this week. It happens.. just looked like a bad day at the office. Everyone has one and Ben and the OL had theirs today.

I do wonder if Ben went to the PITT game last night cause he looked hung over and just ready to go home.

He did .. like I said... its not the loss that really bothers me ... it just seemed like, as you said, they were just ready to go home early.

stlrz d
11-15-2009, 05:40 PM

Come on man.

Jooser
11-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow, can you please tell me how you read minds? How you can tell what the team is thinking? For real, who are you to say those guys don't care? Just because they didn't throw tantrums and start shoving each other?

So we play one real bad game and you're throwing in the towel. That's what you seem to be getting at here.

Who's throwing in the towel here? My stance is quite the opposite. I said I'm not going to over the edge. It sucked to lose, but from the way the Steelers played today, it didn't appear to be a big deal to them - so why should it be a big deal to me? This team has a lot of holes in it right now that need fixed. If MT is serious about attention to detail, then he'll do something to patch up the ST's. I just didn't see any heart today and that's more disappointing than the loss itself. I'm not going to go to bed tonight and lose any sleep. We'll see how they bounce back next week.

BURGH86STEEL
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Who's throwing in the towel here? My stance is quite the opposite. I said I'm not going to over the edge. It sucked to lose, but from the way the Steelers played today, it didn't appear to be a big deal to them - so why should it be a big deal to me? This team has a lot of holes in it right now that need fixed. If MT is serious about attention to detail, then he'll do something to patch up the ST's. I just didn't see any heart today and that's more disappointing than the loss itself. I'm not going to go to bed tonight and lose any sleep. We'll see how they bounce back next week.

I understand your stance. I never lose sleep over the things I cannot control. I no longer get upset over the things I cannot control. I try to keep things in perspective.

I am not sure what needs to be corrected on special teams. Who knows outside of the coaches? What we know is it needs to be corrected. I am sure the coaches have made attempts but it could be something different every week. I assume a coach continues to have the players work at it. That's really all the coaches can do. The rest is on the players to make the plays.

I would say they had no heart if they loss by 21 points. It was a close game that could of gone either way.

papillon
11-15-2009, 09:41 PM

The OL, really? Ben's sacks, each and every one of them, was Ben holding the ball forever or the WRs not getting open. Mendenhall had some success and they rarely tried to establish the run. He carried the ball 13 times and Ben threw it 40, that won't get it done, even in the pass happy NFL.

Many of the knockdowns of Ben were TEs or RBs being expected to hold blocks way too long. It isn't happening, either WRs weren't open or Ben's reads were real bad. The OL (Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, Essex and Colon) played admirably IMO and played well enough to win and so did the defense.

The WRs and Ben struggled, it happens, bring on the Chiefs. Win that one and go 7-3 after 10 games and we're in good shape. The Steelers are the 5th seed right now via our win over San Diego. They just need to string wins together and they'll be in the dance. You have to be in it, to win ot ask any of the players that were on the 2005 SB team.

Pappy

Jigawatts
11-15-2009, 09:46 PM

Come on man.

You're not going to believe this, but I saw him there wearing one of those fake Dave
Wannstedt mustaches. It didn't fool me at all.

stlrz d
11-15-2009, 09:55 PM

Come on man.

You're not going to believe this, but I saw him there wearing one of those fake Dave
Wannstedt mustaches. It didn't fool me at all.

:lol:

Steel Life
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
The team seemed like they were just going to run out there & the Bengals were going to roll over - instead they kept coming blitz after blitz.

This is why I am hammering the coaches so much & not the players as much...the Bengals were sending 5 or 6 players practically every day & both Arians & Zierline seemed unable to fix it. The Bengals had the mentality that if they were going to go down, they were going to go down swinging on defense, whereas on offense we seemed to be holding back - which in a game of this magnitude is inexcusable. I'd be curious to hear what Arians has to say about the gameplan.

LeBeau gets a pass because the defense did their job - they kept the Bengals out of the endzone & only gave up 4 field goals...& one of those came off the interception. He did this despite losing his best player after one series & playing his 3rd & 4th string DEs. He might want to break out the JUGS machine & have those DBs work on catching though...

Jooser
11-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Obviously, I can't read the players' minds. My point I guess, is that Monday night in Denver, Ben had the OL on the sidelines after the fumble return and he was fired up. He was in their faces telling them everything's OK, we'll get them. Yesterday, I saw none of that. The OL was just kinda standing around and so was Ben - and they all had the same blank stare on their faces. That's what I'm drawing my conclusions from - and the fact we could produce ZERO TDs in four redzone trips. Could I be completely wrong? Of course, I'm the king of wrong most times. But, there's a clear distinct correlation in my mind about how Ben reacts with his teammates on the sidelines and how he acts and plays on the field. Remember the Super Bowl?

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 09:27 AM
this is a crazy thought but.....

the bengals may just be better than us THIS year..if we see them again, i say its a 50/50 shot we win, but just bc they beat us does not mean we suck now....we were off, and because we acted like thugs and get a 15 yd penalty at the end now instead of getting the ball with a chance to kick to tie we have to score to win...

flippy
11-16-2009, 09:59 AM
I can only care as much as the team does. Later, Joos

Go make 2 posts in the SuperBowl or Bust thread and you should feel better.

AngryAsian
11-16-2009, 11:06 AM
There's perception, and then there's reality. From my perception, it seemed that the players were playing uninspired ball. Peaks and valleys... that's a typical NFL season. We need to move forward. I have my opinions of what happened and what should of happened yesterday, but that's a far stretch from reality. None of us have that perspective because none of us were in that locker room. 7 games to go and we need to take one game at a time. I think yesterday hurt a lot because it was the Bungals.

Jooser
11-16-2009, 11:23 PM
There's perception, and then there's reality. From my perception, it seemed that the players were playing uninspired ball. Peaks and valleys... that's a typical NFL season. We need to move forward. I have my opinions of what happened and what should of happened yesterday, but that's a far stretch from reality. None of us have that perspective because none of us were in that locker room. 7 games to go and we need to take one game at a time. I think yesterday hurt a lot because it was the Bungals.

:Clap