PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Bengals

drprwnap
11-15-2009, 04:52 PM
For winning the AFC north. We SUCKED today. They didn't. :HeadBanger

costanza2k1
11-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah no doubt, they have a solid D and Oline is dominating. The deserved to win today. We didn't give the game away they won it. Now I'm hoping we can get a wildcard berth for a rematch.

jj28west
11-15-2009, 05:22 PM
I know we will focus (including myself) on what we failed to do but you have to give credit to Cinci's D with Odom, Williams, Rivers out.
Congrats Jom...

Damn, I wish could dink and dunk a liitle more instead of looking for the long developing play that risks getting sacked. With Cinci pushing aggresively upfield an inside Screen would make sense to the RB but then again the pass risks getting tipped.

Cinci's CB's seemd to give some cushion and the quick out looked there all day. but its easy for me to say this.

DukieBoy
11-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Congrats to Jom for the victory and sweep. The Bengals played tough and well today.
There are seven games left, and the division is yet to be won.

Djfan
11-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Congrats, Jom. I wish you almost all the best. This was just one of those in the "almost" category that I don't wish you the best in.

Your team came to play today, and Ben forgot how to play. You won, fair and square.

Wolfhound45
11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Congrats to them. They came into our house and showed the heart and desire to win a division championship. Still a lot of football to be played. Hopefully this is a wake up call for the Steelers.

grotonsteel
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Congrats bumgals for winning the AFC North...

Jom112
11-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks to everyone...

Congrats bumgals for winning the AFC North...

Still a long way to go. Our D is stepping up but we still have some tough games left against the Chargers, Vikes and Jets...

Jooser
11-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Yeah, congrats JOM.

ghettoscott
11-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, congrats JOM.

Congrats to your team JOM. Ya'lls D & Oline really impressed me yesterday. Good win.

frankthetank1
11-16-2009, 10:43 AM
its so stupid how under rated the bengals are. to sweep the ravens and steelers is amazing

MeetJoeGreene
11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
The beat us.

I, too, could list a zillion reasons why we gave the game away.
But the fact is, they beat us.

I could tell. When it looked like we were going to get the ball back, they showed some offensive lineman on the bench - and they looked resigned... not chomping at the bit to get back in. Ben also looked more "worried" than I am used to seeing.

I kind of knew right there that it wasn't going to happen.

Sugar
11-16-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm impressed with the amount of class I'm seeing here. I live around a lot of Bengal fans and many of them tell me how they don't hate the Steelers as much as their fans. Well, I don't know who they are talking to, but this group seems to recognize good football and respect a team that plays its butt off.

Congrats to the Bengals- I hope we see you again in the playoffs!

JTP53609
11-16-2009, 01:27 PM
you know we can play the "if we had troy and aaron smith" game, but i give it up to the bengals....
no henry, odom, r williams, k rivers, benson...

Jom112
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
you know we can play the "if we had troy and aaron smith" game, but i give it up to the bengals....

Hopefully Benson's injury is a minor one.

So I hear that we are about to sign Larry Johnson. Definitely don't like the move. I get that Benson needs some rest, but I can't stand Larry Johnson as a person... :HeadBanger

NC Steeler Fan
11-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Jom: you're a great fan and I'm glad you're on our board. Your team beat us fair and square yesterday in our own house.

I have to stop short of saying congratulations though because I sure wish it had gone the other way! (My genetic code just won't allow it! :lol: )

fezziwig
11-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Good job to the Bengals and their coaches. They have really come together and have a lot to be proud about.

As much as I'm sad we lost, I have to smile knowing the enjoyment they must be having as an organization and for the fans.

Plus or minus the Bengals and the Steelers have been on both sides of the winning or losing and the Bengals right now are on top and they're doing it the old fashion way. Working hard, playing hard and not giving up.

NorthCoast
11-17-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm not sure what show it was, but this morning on the radio they were talking about playoff teams. They said the one team you don't want to have to play in the playoffs was the Steelers...no mention of the Bengals or Pats or Indy, and this after getting swept by Cinci this year. Thought it was an interesting take...

steelblood
11-18-2009, 08:52 AM

Hopefully Benson's injury is a minor one.

So I hear that we are about to sign Larry Johnson. Definitely don't like the move. I get that Benson needs some rest, but I can't stand Larry Johnson as a person... :HeadBanger

He should room with Chris Henry or Tank Johnson. You guys may be good for a year or so, but if Brown continues to sign and pursue such jerks and malcontents, you will implode (again). By the way, has Reed been hanging around with the Bengals in the offseason?