PDA

View Full Version : OT - Matt Millen

stlrz d
11-12-2009, 10:14 PM
I forgot how much I hated Millen saying, "I want you to (watch, see, look, etc)" when he calls games.

:HeadBanger

fezziwig
11-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Is this the same Matt Millen that made the most horrible NFL franchis and team even worse ?
I remember him as an annoucer and I would think to myself, " this guy is stupid, how did he even make it as a player ? " When he talks about football, you then realize, he knows nothing about football or at least doesn't have common sense about football.

The tool even picked against our Steelers for the Denver game. When he picked against us, I knew then we would win. I'm serious !

phillyesq
11-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Millen is decent enough to listen to, even if he has no credibility.

The other guy in the booth is terrible. How many times is he going to say "in space" tonight?

stlrz d
11-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Bob Papa is the NY Giants announcer.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Bob Papa is the NY Giants announcer.

He also hosts "The Opening Drive" on Sirius NFL Radio as well.

SuperSize
11-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Did anyone else like that period of time in the 1st quarter where there was no play-by-play? Was that by design or was it some technical glitch?

Just curious...

Pete

SteelBucks
11-13-2009, 11:25 AM
I actually don't mind Millen as an announcer. Just don't hire him as a front office guy!

pfelix73
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM
NFL Network blows when it comes to televising a game. That 'glitch' in the 1st Q was totally embarrassing for them.

It's true. Millen has no credibility when it comes to football now, so why did they hire him?

He should just go and open up a nail salon somewhere and wash old ladies feet and give pedicures......

:tt1

steelblood
11-13-2009, 01:10 PM
NFL Network blows when it comes to televising a game. That 'glitch' in the 1st Q was totally embarrassing for them.

It's true. Millen has no credibility when it comes to football now, so why did they hire him?

He should just go and open up a nail salon somewhere and wash old ladies feet and give pedicures......

Their high-def was spectacular last night. It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than CBS.

Announcers=dry and bland.

proudpittsburgher
11-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Did anyone else like that period of time in the 1st quarter where there was no play-by-play? Was that by design or was it some technical glitch?

Just curious...

Pete

I have to assume it was a glitch, and I have to admit, I didn't miss any of it.

BATMAN
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
For all the x players that have saavy, personality and are likeable, why would the NFL or network put this bozo on that receives little to no respect. ? I bet you Detroit fans would tar and feather him given the chance.

feltdizz
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
For all the x players that have saavy, personality and are likeable, why would the NFL or network put this bozo on that receives little to no respect. ? I bet you Detroit fans would tar and feather him given the chance.
Millen is a great example of why the Rooney rule was implemented. Clearly the NFL has an inner circle and once you are in you are set for life. Millen is like that CEO who tanks a companies stock then screams about how he needs a bonus to retain those who helped ruin the company.

fezziwig
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Millen is a great example of why the Rooney rule was implemented. Clearly the NFL has an inner circle and once you are in you are set for life. Millen is like that CEO who tanks a companies stock then screams about how he needs a bonus to retain those who helped ruin the company.

I don't think that is 100 % true. I think when it comes down to coaches getting passed from one team to another it is due mostly to fear. Owners afraid to hire a unknown.

Dennis Green had a couple of shots with the Vikes and the Cards. Tony Dungy had a couple of shots with the Bucs and the Colts.
I remember when Kotie went from the Eagles to the Jets or was it the other way around ? I thought he did a horrible job and then, some other smuck team picks him up. Maybe they thought he looked good in green ?
I can seee Tom coughlin getting a second chance. Did well with the Jags and won the big won with the Giants.

Then I feel owners might think, well this guy was headed in a good direction and his previous team cut him short. They probably feel he is now ready to jump up a notch.

Marty Schotenheimer is a sure fire way to get a bad team to the playoffs. Won't get them any further but, it would be an improvement to some teams. Then again, owners might feel, he has to finally win the big one at some point.

Matt Millen, there is no reason I can come up with why, anyone would want him around for the NFL.

stlrz d
11-13-2009, 09:13 PM

Their high-def was spectacular last night. It looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than CBS.

Announcers=dry and bland.

Agreed!

As for the no announcers, I remember NBC experimenting with that in the 80s and it was awful.