PDA

View Full Version : The Who at The Super Bowl

Jooser
11-12-2009, 02:46 PM
...looks like they're the entertainment this year when we go for #7, that according to Florio @Pft.com

The Who heads to the Super Bowl
Posted by Mike Florio on November 12, 2009 1:25 PM ET
The word is out.

The halftime entertainment at this year's Super Bowl will be The Who.

And so the generation gap will be bridged throughout America tonight in the form of an Abbott & Costello routine.

Personally, I think it sucks. Why can't they get someone decent like ACDC, Metallica, or even Quiet Riot :D for that matter!

Jom112
11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Who Dey, Who Dat and The Who. :Cheers

Come on, it's a perfect setup...

Jooser
11-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I prefer Who Dat vs. Who Cares, while The Who sings on at halftime.....

Jom112
11-12-2009, 02:52 PM
I prefer Who Dat vs. Who Cares, while The Who sings on at halftime.....

I don't really like that The Who got picked to perform either. You show one boob on TV and it's old rockers from now on...

Jigawatts
11-12-2009, 02:53 PM
I prefer a solid high school marching band for the Super Bowl half time show.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 02:54 PM
I've seen the Stones at the Super Bowl in Detroit and Springsteen at the Super Bowl in Tampa. I'd be very happy seeing The Who at the Super Bowl in Miami.

Baba O'Riley, Love Reign O'er Me, some sort of a Tommy medley, Won't Get Fooled Again (I also like some of the more light-hearted stuff like Squeeze Box and Happy Jack, but those types of songs would not be played a Super Bowl...they'd more than likely pick My Generation instead)

flippy
11-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Can we get Styx instead?

stlrz d
11-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Saw them for the 25th anniversary of Tommy and for the 25th anniversary of Quadrophenia.

Too bad I never got to see them with Keith Moon...and of course "Thunderfingers" John Entwhistle is now RIP.

Won't be the same without him...but an ok choice by me. Sorry Jooser, but I don't like any of the bands you mentioned.

Jooser
11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/aldonir83/BeavisButthead.gif

Rock ON! Ehh-hehuhheheehhe

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm surprised that they aren't just doing a crappy Dolphin minority investor concert featuring Jimmy Buffet, Gloria Estefan, Jennifer Lopez, Marc Anthony, and Fergie.

SteelHead
11-12-2009, 03:48 PM
Radiohead would of been my choice. It's too bad we'll never see something like that happen. I guess they have to kinda keep it mainstream. Maybe they could choose a couple bands and let the fans vote.....that would be cool.

SteelBucks
11-12-2009, 03:54 PM
Can we get Styx instead?

:Agree

D Rock
11-12-2009, 04:06 PM
I was listening to DVE yesterday and they played a clip of Daltry singing at a concert last week.

It was pathetic.

That show is going to suck realllll bad.

steelsnis
11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Glad the NFL is keeping it fresh and current. Way to go guys... :roll:

Maybe next year we can get Dexy's Midnight Runners to perform?

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Radiohead would of been my choice. It's too bad we'll never see something like that happen. I guess they have to kinda keep it mainstream. Maybe they could choose a couple bands and let the fans vote.....that would be cool.

I absolutely love "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Creep" but Radiohead doesn't exactly scream football to me. If you wanted someone who is relevant today and has enough of a rock edge to them to fit in, perhaps someone like the Foo Fighters perhaps?

ikestops85
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
I'd love to see someone like Staind. I saw The Who over 30 years ago and they were fantastic but they aren't really the Who without Entwhistle and Moon.

SteelHead
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM

I absolutely love "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Creep" but Radiohead doesn't exactly scream football to me. If you wanted someone who is relevant today and has enough of a rock edge to them to fit in, perhaps someone like the Foo Fighters perhaps?

I hear ya Ruthless , Radiohead certainly wouldn't appeal to most standard football fans and maybe their style doesn't scream football but you'd be hard pressed to find a more musically gifted band these days. What can I say , I adore those guys......best music around hands down.

I do however think songs like "Bodysnatchers" from their newest album and classics like "National Anthem" and "Paranoid Android" would do well in a football environment. No matter who you are you can't help but rock out to tunes like that.

Pearl Jam would be a good safe choice , plus I think they just put out a new album.

frankthetank1
11-12-2009, 04:38 PM
i would rather see michael jackson perform :lol:

Chadman
11-12-2009, 04:51 PM
The Who will rock it out, they'll be fine. Loved having the Stones there in the past- for old codgers they still rock.

If you want somthing new that will guarentee to rock out the SB, it's gotta be Wolfmother...

NC Steeler Fan
11-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh gawd, really.

I mean, hell, I'm 45 and even I don't want to see a bunch of geriatric rockers
at the halftime show either...

Then again, I don't know half the other bands that were listed....Foo Fighters?

SteelCrazy
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Lyle Lovett would be a dream half time show.........WOW!

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 05:17 PM
Oh gawd, really.

I mean, hell, I'm 45 and even I don't want to see a bunch of geriatric rockers
at the halftime show either...

Then again, I don't know half the other bands that were listed....Foo Fighters?

Everlong? Monkey Wrench? Learn to Fly? My Hero? Best of You? I'll Stick Around? Breakout? This Is A Call? Times Like These? Big Me?

None of these ring a bell to you? Have you heard of Dave Grohl's previous band, Nirvana?

If you get the Palladia channel and have a nice HDTV, check out their concert in the rain at Wembley Stadium in England (they play it all the time on there...the quality of the HD on that channel in particular is unbelieveable). If you don't get that channel, they also have that concert on DVD. Rent it. They bring out Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones. Great stuff.

Ozey74
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
The NFL halftime show has had a recent theme of "old foggie" rock stars. When has the last performer been under the age of 55 (other than Timblerlake & Janet Jackson)? The time is going to come, sooner than later, that the NFL will run out of choices for halftime entertainmentxt if they are looking for old farts.

I'm calling it for next year. Bon Jovi will be the half time entertainment. I know that no one will recall this predictiononce this is announced , but I'm calling it anyway.

SteelAbility
11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Two things ...

1. The way you talk, why don't you just refer to it as the "Steeler Invitational" instead of the Super Bowl. You know, there are quite a few obstacles to overcome before the Steelers get there. However, that being said, if the D can start playing the 4thQ like it has the first three Qs, with our improved OL play, Mendy, and Wallace I'm going to say our chances are very strong. And that is not really a very big "if" from my vantage point.

2. So those are the guys doing the entertainment while I kill half-time with Evil level Sudoku. ;)

sd steel
11-13-2009, 01:19 AM
New music sucks! And most if not all the bands mentioned above were strongly influenced by The Who. These guys are legends, and their music has withstood decades without losing sound or the soul.

I feel sorry who have to listen to the crap they call music today, cause its not original and fromm hip hop to country pop, it all sucks. These guys invented stuff, so maybe by listening to them and even picking up some albums yinz guys can learn some history about musical creativity and originality is all about. I grew up in the 70's 80's and 90's, and although The Who would be considered "before my time", I search this stuff out and even researched farther back to the Who's, the Kink's, the Stone's, Yard Birds, Zepplin ect. and found their 50's Rock in Roll, Blues and Country influences.

I truly can't believe I saw one post bashing The Who, let alone a whole thread. Radio head? yeah, good musicians, pearl jam, decent bad, Foo Fighters...Nirvana yes all listenable to varying degrees, but comparing them to The Who, even without Entwistle and Moon, is like comparing the Steelers to your podunk high school football team.

And the whole Styx thing, (even though I'm glad it fires us up), is horrid! Effin Renegade?????!!!! It is embarrassing to think the Steelers and Tommy Shaw of Styx have a connection, and that a guy who runs the scoreboard was able to make that song the Steelers unofficial anthem. Thank God the scoreboard guy wasn't a big Culture Club fan!!

steelernation77
11-13-2009, 03:01 AM
I'm going to have to agree with sd steel in that the Who are a great band, and I say that as a man in his 20s.

However, I do think the argument that "all new music sucks" is a tired one. There are plenty of great bands out there making new music, you just have to dig deeper than what corporate radio plays.

flippy
11-13-2009, 08:06 AM
It's kinda funny to me that the biggest song from The Who was "My Generation".

Playing in the current SuperBowl kinda detracts from their legacy and kinda makes them a sellout if they ever really believed in the My Generation message. Maybe they can change the lyrics to ...."I hope to sing at the SuperBowl and sellout when I get old (talking bout my generation)."

Rock is about rebellion and youth. F The Who for growing up and becoming dofuses and forgetting what the music is really about.

Every old fart hates modern music cause it's different. "I hope I die before I get (that) old".

Jooser
11-13-2009, 08:11 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/indigokin/ziggy_stardust.jpg

Since we're throwing out bands from the past, why not a little Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars! :D

steelblood
11-13-2009, 08:46 AM

I can't imagine that Radiohead would even consider playing the Super Bowl. They are anti-establishment folk. If they did the Super Bowl, they might as well do a commercial for Tide and a guest spot on How I Met Your Mother.

flippy
11-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the following and they all belong in this decade:

[youtube:25wels27]kBnJnXq4YQ8[/youtube:25wels27]
Best 6 songs ever put together

[youtube:25wels27]hkEQ65AEEfs[/youtube:25wels27]
Best rap duo ever

[youtube:25wels27]NzgwG--p-Ug[/youtube:25wels27]
Best live performer I've ever seen. He's a phenom that I never expected. Thought this was the lamest guy ever til I saw him perform.

[youtube:25wels27]HxNAVq2qYmU[/youtube:25wels27]
Most underrated band of this generation

[youtube:25wels27]ELxg7yoLh6I[/youtube:25wels27]
I hate bands with chicks, but this is the one exception after stumbling on these guys at a music festival. This chick brings it.

[youtube:25wels27]CvS1zgr_N-U[/youtube:25wels27]
This could be James Harrison's theme song. Disturbed and the NFL would be like peanut butter and jelly - a perfect mix.

THere's tons of great artists out there today that the NFL should consider.

MeetJoeGreene
11-13-2009, 09:55 AM
I saw the WHo about 2 years ago. Daltry's voice is going.

He could still belt out screams, but had trouble with soft songs like the start of Behind Blue Eyes. It really cracked.

I think they may be OK if they don't sing for a week ahead and also do 2-4 songs.

I, too, am surprised that they keep going older and older.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2009, 10:08 AM

I can't imagine that Radiohead would even consider playing the Super Bowl. They are anti-establishment folk. If they did the Super Bowl, they might as well do a commercial for Tide and a guest spot on How I Met Your Mother.

Well, they did show up for a Chili-Con-Carnival to support Scott Tenorman and his cancer of the @$$. I wonder if they had any of the Mr. & Mrs. Tenorman chili while they were in Colorado?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/143262613_a6c7c6367e.jpg

stlrz d
11-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Flippy - I'm 42. For folks my age and up (which is the majority of the population) every band you listed would be a whiff...with the exception of Mayer. I'm not really a fan of his but he's a very good guitar player so I'll give him that.

If we're gonna throw guitar players out there I'd personally make it Joe Bonamassa. This guy has killer riffs and a powerful voice. Unfortunately, this is about as "pop" as he gets. :D

[youtube:2htj6a0r]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ikptyq4Kf2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ikptyq4Kf2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2htj6a0r]

Monte Montgomery is an incredibly talented guy who won best acoustic guitar player 7 years in a row at Texas' prestigious SXSW festival. This guy has some serious chops, is a hell of a nice guy (I've met him), is very talented and would put on a great show. Here he is tearing up his acoustic guitar on Austin City Limits.

[youtube:2htj6a0r]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/glBwJWdSqCY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/glBwJWdSqCY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2htj6a0r]

For a band that would appeal to multiple generations I'd offer up Blues Traveler. Those guys are some very talented individuals, they put on one hell of a show, have a variety of songs and even had some recognizable hits. And they play all their own instruments. Some of them even play more than one.

They're a bit too far off the mainstream though so would probably never even be considered.

Seeing this tune live at the Super Bowl would be awesome to me:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popu ... tvmrDYBCzw (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popup.lala.com/popup/504684665254838559&ei=kWf9SqiJLITOsgO4zNyHCw&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAgQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNGifo-4NyosjMiE-DS4tvmrDYBCzw)

steelblood
11-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Well, they did show up for a Chili-Con-Carnival to support Scott Tenorman and his cancer of the @$$. I wonder if they had any of the Mr. & Mrs. Tenorman chili while they were in Colorado?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/143262613_a6c7c6367e.jpg

Hypocrites! :lol:

SteelTorch
11-13-2009, 01:17 PM

Playing in the current SuperBowl kinda detracts from their legacy and kinda makes them a sellout if they ever really believed in the My Generation message. Maybe they can change the lyrics to ...."I hope to sing at the SuperBowl and sellout when I get old (talking bout my generation)."

Rock is about rebellion and youth. F The Who for growing up and becoming dofuses and forgetting what the music is really about.

Every old fart hates modern music cause it's different. "I hope I die before I get (that) old".

Do I detect sarcasm? :D

Anyway, I'm as big a classic rock fan as any, but would it be too much to ask we get a band from THIS decade? :?

And don't tell me there are none, there are plenty of good and popular bands these days with family-friendly acts. The League just isn't trying. Either that, or they're trying to appeal too much to the old geezers who attend these things.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2009, 01:28 PM

Anyway, I'm as big a classic rock fan as any, but would it be too much to ask we get a band from THIS decade? :?

And don't tell me there are none, there are plenty of good and popular bands these days with family-friendly acts. The League just isn't trying. Either that, or they're trying to appeal too much to the old geezers who attend these things.

Ding ding ding! Businessmen that can afford prime Super Bowl tickets aren't going to want to sit through T.I. and Li'l Wayne.

flippy
11-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Flippy - I'm 42. For folks my age and up (which is the majority of the population) every band you listed would be a whiff...with the exception of Mayer. I'm not really a fan of his but he's a very good guitar player so I'll give him that.

If we're gonna throw guitar players out there I'd personally make it Joe Bonamassa. This guy has killer riffs and a powerful voice. Unfortunately, this is about as "pop" as he gets. :D

[youtube:vfeanrp6]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ikptyq4Kf2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ikptyq4Kf2U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:vfeanrp6]

Monte Montgomery is an incredibly talented guy who won best acoustic guitar player 7 years in a row at Texas' prestigious SXSW festival. This guy has some serious chops, is a hell of a nice guy (I've met him), is very talented and would put on a great show. Here he is tearing up his acoustic guitar on Austin City Limits.

[youtube:vfeanrp6]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/glBwJWdSqCY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/glBwJWdSqCY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:vfeanrp6]

For a band that would appeal to multiple generations I'd offer up Blues Traveler. Those guys are some very talented individuals, they put on one hell of a show, have a variety of songs and even had some recognizable hits. And they play all their own instruments. Some of them even play more than one.

They're a bit too far off the mainstream though so would probably never even be considered.

Seeing this tune live at the Super Bowl would be awesome to me:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popu ... tvmrDYBCzw (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://popup.lala.com/popup/504684665254838559&ei=kWf9SqiJLITOsgO4zNyHCw&sa=X&oi=music_play_track&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CAgQ0wQoADAA&usg=AFQjCNGifo-4NyosjMiE-DS4tvmrDYBCzw)

I actually like older music, but think that SuperBowl XLIV should have a halftime band that represents it's current generation.

This discussion is why we end up with bands like Green Day and Nickleback. Older people want a sound that's closer to the olden days and these bands try to please everyone and become so darn cheesy.

I think to make everyone happy we might need to go southern rock which almost borders on country. Like these guys.

[youtube:vfeanrp6]oFnJ2U_cZ8o[/youtube:vfeanrp6]

But really they oughta go straight pop and there's a current pop star that's more talented and a better performer than any pop star that's come before:

[youtube:vfeanrp6]oP8SrlbpJ5A[/youtube:vfeanrp6]

flippy
11-13-2009, 04:18 PM
When's the last time anyone played pinball? That's around the time the WHo should have retired. They've passed a generation gap imho.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
When's the last time anyone played pinball? That's around the time the WHo should have retired. They've passed a generation gap imho.

He's an XBox wizard
There's got to be a twist
An XBox wizard
He's got such a supple wrist

sd steel
11-13-2009, 05:01 PM

I played pinball last night at a pizza joint here with my 10 year old son. He also listens to classic rock, classic country and even some old school hiphop with me. Yet he also enjoys new top 40 music. It's funny that most of the people on here are complaining about the Who playing the Super Bowl, are the same ones saying how cool Renegade is a the Steeler Anthem.....seems strange.

One thing that can be said for the Who, everyone will recognize the music, young and old alike, because they sold out and their music has been used in movies, TV themes commercials...which is better than playing some music that only a portion of hip 18-27 year olds would know. And I don't care what type of great musician singer John Mayer is, he was a nerd in high school and I refuse to listen to his crap.

RuthlessBurgher
11-13-2009, 05:22 PM

I played pinball last night at a pizza joint here with my 10 year old son. He also listens to classic rock, classic country and even some old school hiphop with me. Yet he also enjoys new top 40 music. It's funny that most of the people on here are complaining about the Who playing the Super Bowl, are the same ones saying how cool Renegade is a the Steeler Anthem.....seems strange.

One thing that can be said for the Who, everyone will recognize the music, young and old alike, because they sold out and their music has been used in movies, TV themes commercials...which is better than playing some music that only a portion of hip 18-27 year olds would know. And I don't care what type of great musician singer John Mayer is, he was a nerd in high school and I refuse to listen to his crap.

Yeah, during the halftime show, the uninitiated will hear "Who Are You" and think "Hey...that's the CSI theme!" Then they'll play "Won't Get Fooled Again" and they'll think "Whoa...it's that other CSI song!" They'll finish their set with "Baba O'Riley" and they will think " :wft Do these guys play anything other than CSI music???"

Jigawatts
11-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Yeah, during the halftime show, the uninitiated will hear "Who Are You" and think "Hey...that's the CSI theme!" Then they'll play "Won't Get Fooled Again" and they'll think "Whoa...it's that other CSI song!" They'll finish their set with "Baba O'Riley" and they will think " :wft Do these guys play anything other than CSI music???"

Maybe they can have some kind of murder mystery themed half time show where
David Caruso, Lieutenant Dan, and Morpheus team up to solve the caper before
Pete Townsend destroys the evidence on his hard drive.

Chadman
11-13-2009, 06:45 PM

Maybe they can have some kind of murder mystery themed half time show where
David Caruso, Lieutenant Dan, and Morpheus team up to solve the caper before
Pete Townsend destroys the evidence on his hard drive.

Coffee, literally, just sprayed out onto Chadman's keyboard.

You bastard.

:Beer

stlrz d
11-13-2009, 09:07 PM
RB and Jiga - Good stuff! :lol:

Flippy - If someone like 3 Doors Down or Lady Gaga is playing the SB halftime show I'm finding something else to do...like cleaning out the litter box.

Here's the deal...it's a tough job to find artists that have name recognition for mass appeal and that are safe from a no stupid stunts standpoint. And they also must for sure appeal to an older audience.

Right now classic rock and (puke) country have the most mass appeal and name recognition...along with being the safest choices.

I'll take the classic rock over (puke) country any day of the week and twice on Super Bowl Sunday!

I'd love to see The Who do this one, but I really doubt they will.

[youtube:dyj6oysy]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH3aOc5jSp0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gH3aOc5jSp0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:dyj6oysy]

Oh yeah...and I still play pinball. :D

stlrz d
11-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Ok, so the halftime act gets roughly 25 minutes...maybe a tad bit less. So here's my ultimate play list for The Who for the SB halftime show. I know they'd never do this play list...heck, they probably won't play any of these songs because it will be all about the big hits...but this would be my list if I were in charge of putting it together. In this order.

[youtube:fza5ma8g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr2SmjptT7o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vr2SmjptT7o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:fza5ma8g]

[youtube:fza5ma8g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/06pIHuL631c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/06pIHuL631c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:fza5ma8g]

[youtube:fza5ma8g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BV8ARjMqBVM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BV8ARjMqBVM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:fza5ma8g]

[youtube:fza5ma8g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpK0zDJE4qs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RpK0zDJE4qs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:fza5ma8g]

[youtube:fza5ma8g]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-S5aVuKsgI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-S5aVuKsgI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:fza5ma8g]

Maximum R&B baby!!!!!

http://media.fanfire.com/images/product/large/WHO/WHO42444.jpg

As for what they'll actually do, I predict: Substitute, Baba O'Reily, My Generation, Pinball Wizard and Won't Get Fooled Again. Not necessarily in that order.

sd steel
11-14-2009, 12:40 AM
I'm partial to some of their older stuff, like I Can't Explain, Anyway Anyhow Anywhere, The Kids are Alright and I'm a Boy. And if they do, the Pearl Jam and Nirvana guys will enjoy it because those bands covered many of the Who's older songs.

SteelTorch
11-14-2009, 01:06 AM

Ding ding ding! Businessmen that can afford prime Super Bowl tickets aren't going to want to sit through T.I. and Li'l Wayne.
Who cares? Think about this: they're not going to skip out on the Superbowl just because they may not like the half-time show. You're also assuming that all those who do attend these games are old businessmen.

Plus, it didn't seem to be an issue before the Janet Jackson incident. The league is just being paranoid.

Personally, I say get a rocker who won't need a walker. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
11-14-2009, 11:28 AM

Who cares? Think about this: they're not going to skip out on the Superbowl just because they may not like the half-time show. You're also assuming that all those who do attend these games are old businessmen.

Plus, it didn't seem to be an issue before the Janet Jackson incident. The league is just being paranoid.

Well, I attended SBXL and SBXLIII. I was 30 when I saw the Stones in Detroit and I was 33 when I saw Springsteen in Tampa. I thoroughly enjoyed both shows. And if I get a chance to go to SBXLIV in Miami in February, I would look forward to The Who big time.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa35/stinkingbadges2/TheWho.jpg

I saw The Who "Rock Honors" show on VH1 which took place last year, and they were good then. It would be cool if they could pull out bands like Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips, Incubus and Tenacious D to play along with The Who to some of their classics like they did on that show.

stlrz d
11-14-2009, 11:46 AM

Never been a big Springsteen fan, but he didn't look like he needed a walker to me. ;)

http://www.unlikelywords.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/boss_slide.gif

SteelTorch
11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, I attended SBXL and SBXLIII. I was 30 when I saw the Stones in Detroit and I was 33 when I saw Springsteen in Tampa. I thoroughly enjoyed both shows. And if I get a chance to go to SBXLIV in Miami in February, I would look forward to The Who big time.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa35/stinkingbadges2/TheWho.jpg

I saw The Who "Rock Honors" show on VH1 which took place last year, and they were good then. It would be cool if they could pull out bands like Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Flaming Lips, Incubus and Tenacious D to play along with The Who to some of their classics like they did on that show.
But would you honestly skip out on going to the Superbowl simply because they had a halftime show that didn't appeal to you? I don't think you would. :wink:

Never been a big Springsteen fan, but he didn't look like he needed a walker to me. ;)

Nope, he just needed some break pads. :lol:

For the record, I did enjoy the Springsteen show. He certainly had more life than Tom Petty, that's for sure. :P

Djfan
11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Do any of you really watch the half time anyway? They could have Rossane Barr do a ballet version of "Baby Got Back" for all I care.

I'm eating, talking, peeing, or something important. I love The Who and saw them in the early 80's - great show - but really can't stand corporate media's take on art.

stlrz d
11-14-2009, 12:03 PM

Nope, he just needed some break pads. :lol:

For the record, I did enjoy the Springsteen show. He certainly had more life than Tom Petty, that's for sure. :P

Break pads?

As in pads break dancers would wear? :P

Just kiddin' ya!

Tom Petty isn't a run around the stage kind of guy. He's all about the music.

Discipline of Steel
11-14-2009, 05:55 PM

Id want Tool to do Eulogy for our opponents.