PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate payoff from a Patriots win this week

D Rock
11-12-2009, 01:39 PM
The media will crown their azzes.

The Steelers will never be talked about as a potential winner of the Super Bowl again this season.

The Steelers will then win the Super Bowl, and the media will still continue to talk about how the Patriots were the best team.

The Patriots will again be crowned next spring, summer, fall, and winter. Until February, when the Steelers are crowned for a 4th time in their new dynasty.

Lather, rinse, repeat. I love when the Patriots win big games in the regular season.

flippy
11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Great point. The winner of this game will likely be anointed to be the favorite to play the Saints for sure. But the media loves the Saints.

The 2 teams that really look like they're starting to roll are the Cowboys and Steelers though. I think we could both sneak in and get some vengeance for 95.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Not so fast my friend!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3584/3914034139_e18c18daac.jpg

Let's see the Cowboys win a single playoff game for the first time since 1996 before anointing them via any type of Super Bowl projection.

frankthetank1
11-12-2009, 04:41 PM
the media has already crowned the pats champs and they havent even played the colts yet. which is the reason i dont want much of espn or nfln.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 05:01 PM
the media has already crowned the pats champs and they havent even played the colts yet. which is the reason i dont want much of espn or nfln.

I don't watch all that much ESPN, but at the gym yesterday I caught a brief segment during a commercial break of "Knocked Up" in which 3 guys were giving their midseason Super Bowl picks. Two guys picked the Steelers to repeat, and the other guy picked the Saints. No one even mentioned New England.