PDA

View Full Version : Bengals @ Steelers Prediction Thread

stlrz d
11-12-2009, 09:47 AM
I've been saying it for two weeks now...this is going to be a beat down. In the first match up we dominated them for 3 quarters, but a gift pick 6 on a poorly run route by Holmes and turtle ball on both sides of the Steelers football in the 4th quarter let them back in the game. That's not going to happen again. A fake punt conversion is not going to happen again.

What is going to happen again is we will once again dominate and run all over them (Parker had 93...Mendy will have 127) and this time Arians and LeBeau will not take their boots off the throats of the Bengals. They learned that lesson and learned it well. Not only will they not take their boots off the throats, they may even bend over, insert a knife and slit those throats.

A few things to note: last meeting they had Odom. He didn't do much, but he did draw attention so others could make plays. They don't have him this time. This time around we have Troy...who always makes a difference...especially against the Bengals.

This one will be over by halftime.

Steelers - 38
Bengals - 13

And it won't even be that close.

Yes sir!

:tt2

Oviedo
11-12-2009, 09:50 AM
Steelers 27
Bumgals 13

Ben throws for 2 TDs. Mendy rushes for another 100+ yds plus one TD.

Woodley and Harrison both get 2 sacks. Ryan Clark shows his appreciation for the organization by nabbing an INT.

JTP53609
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
us 28
them 13

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM
:tt2 :Steel :tt1 35

:bungalssuck 17

Steeler Expat
11-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Champs: 31
Chumps: 17

SteelAbility
11-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Steelers 30
Bengals 13

3 TDs, 3 FGs
Ben 2 TDs (320 Yards)
Mendy 1 TD (115 Yards)
Reed (1 Kickoff inside the 5, but barely) :)

Bengals with a TD in garbage time

:tt2

SteelBucks
11-12-2009, 11:20 AM
When I make a prediction we win....coincidence I think not! (Sorry for missing the Bears and last Bengals game. :wink: )

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 17

SteelAbility
11-12-2009, 11:24 AM
When I make a prediction we win....coincidence I think not! (Sorry for missing the Bears and last Bengals game. :wink: )

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 17

Really? I thought it had more to do with my watching Steeler games on the downstairs TV rather than the upstairs TV. (6-0 downstairs, 0-2 upstairs).

Steeler Expat
11-12-2009, 11:33 AM
No, it's when my buddy comes over and brings a 12 pack: 3-0, 6 pack: 0-2.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, we have Buck's prediction in the bag, so that's good. Now we just need SteelAbility to watch the game from his basement, while Expat and his buddy enjoy a dozen beers in Peru. :wink:

Jom112
11-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Bengals - 20
Steelers - 17

I heard a lot of similar talk last week from the Ravens. They had the game and we needed a last second drive to win the game barely. Their defense is back to playing like it should, and they just blew out the broncos, blah, blah blah. A lot of similar talk this time as well, except for the fact that your team is a lot better than the Ravens team we man-handled last week.

While your team should be favored, I think the Bengals have a shot at winning. It'll be close and definitely not a blowout like some are thinking it will be. We're not #2 in the NFL in stopping the run for no reason.

I think the Bengals will start out fast and surprise a lot of people with some early success. Steelers come back roaring, but the Bengals in the end hold them off for a 3 point win...

Oviedo
11-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Bengals - 27
Steelers - 24

I heard a lot of similar talk last week from the Ravens. They had the game and we needed a last second drive to win the game barely. Their defense is back to playing like it should, and they just blew out the broncos, blah, blah blah. A lot of similar talk this time as well, except for the fact that your team is a lot better than the Ravens team we man-handled last week.

While your team should be favored, I think the Bengals have a shot at winning. It'll be close and definitely not a blowout like some are thinking it will be. We're not #2 in the NFL in stopping the run for no reason.

I think the Bengals will start out fast and surprise a lot of people with some early success. Steelers come back roaring, but the Bengals in the end hold them off for a 3 point win...

Very similar sentiments and predictions from Broncos fans before last Monday night too. They thought they had the #1 defense in the NFL too! Steelers will win by at least 10. Write it down.

papillon
11-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Steelers: 21
Bengals: 10

I have the game close late (14-10) and Ben and the offense add the comfort TD late to ice the game.

Until the Steelers actually play a complete game they will not be closing out any teams in the first half and certainly not a team that is playing well. If the offense takes the first half off again the Steelers will be in trouble. Carson Palmer is not Kyle Orton.

I'd hate for the Steelers to have to rely on the defense to hold the Bengals to a field goal and score on a pick six to be ahead at half time.

I need proof that they can put all the pieces together for an entire game which they haven't been able to do and that is keeping inferior teams in the game.

Pappy

RKSteel
11-12-2009, 12:20 PM

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 17

Really? I thought it had more to do with my watching Steeler games on the downstairs TV rather than the upstairs TV. (6-0 downstairs, 0-2 upstairs).

Actually it has to do with Bubba, the inflatable Steeler lineman that my Mom got me. He arrived before the Bears game and was proudly displayed on my lawn for both the Bears and Bengals losses. :evil:
Week 4 was his last shot, or he was going to suffer an unrepairable rip.

So I put Budda on my porch, instead of the lawn. Steelers win! :Beer Since wk 4, Bubba has been on my porch.

Sorry Jom, the Bengals may be good, but they aren't in the Steelers class yet.

Steelers 35
Bengals 10

Jom112
11-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Man, I think this is going to be a good game. Two teams starting to hit on all cylinders and both teams are going into this game very confident.

Hopefully it lives up to the billing and no B.S. calls or non-calls from the refs ruin it...

Jooser
11-12-2009, 12:48 PM
Man, I think this is going to be a good game. Two teams starting to hit on all cylinders and both teams are going into this game very confident.

Hopefully it lives up to the billing and no B.S. calls or non-calls from the refs ruin it...

:Blah Jom, that sounds like something a Ravens fan would say. :nono

Stillers 34
Bungles 13

Jom112
11-12-2009, 12:49 PM

:Blah Jom, that sounds like something a Ravens fan would say. :nono

Stillers 34
Bungles 13

I meant for either side. Ravens fans just think everyone is after them...

stlrz d
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
The feeling I have for this game is the same as I had from time to time in the early 90s when we played good Bills or Chiefs teams.

They were supposed to be good, close, hard-fought games...and we dominated.

SteelAbility
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Well, we have Buck's prediction in the bag, so that's good. Now we just need SteelAbility to watch the game from his basement, while Expat and his buddy enjoy a dozen beers in Peru. :wink:

I think someone else needs to watch sitting down in odd quarters and in a headstand in even quarters.

Gentlemen, our fate is in our own hands!

Wolfhound45
11-12-2009, 08:04 PM
I am with stlrz d on this one. This is going to be a game of complete and utter domination. Welcome to 2nd place in the AFC North and the beginning of the wildcard hunt.

Steelers - 38
Bungals - 10

BengalMAN85
11-12-2009, 09:27 PM

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 17

Actually it has to do with Bubba, the inflatable Steeler lineman that my Mom got me. He arrived before the Bears game and was proudly displayed on my lawn for both the Bears and Bengals losses. :evil:

So I put Budda on my porch, instead of the lawn. Steelers win! :Beer Since wk 4, Bubba has been on my porch.

Steelers 35
Bengals 10

That swhy we beat you in WEEK 3! haha bengals 45 STOOLEERS 7

Wolfhound45
11-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately, medications do not take care of all problems. I am going to have fun with this guy after Sunday. If he actually shows up any more.

Wolfhound45
11-12-2009, 10:03 PM

Steelers - 27
Bengals - 17

Steelers 35
Bengals 10

That swhy we beat you in WEEK 3! haha bengals 45 STOOLEERS 7

Seriously, were you even a fan of the Bungals in week three? Or is that when you put away your Clowns jersey?

Discipline of Steel
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM
Im going to predict a big game for Mendenhall. Cinci's CBs are good and they are missing a key LB. Our OL appears to be coming into its own. No 'special' TDs this week. With only 25 minutes in front of our D, they will be lucky to get to 10.

Pittsburgh 35
Cincinnatti 10

BradshawsHairdresser
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Steelers 23
Bengals 17

NKySteeler
11-13-2009, 09:45 PM
24-23, Good Guys....

SteelAbility
11-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Interesting. As of now, there are 16 predictions with aggregate points favoring the Steelers by 188 (that's counting BengalMan).

I guess that means the line should be Steelers -11.75. :bungalssuck :tt2

Djfan
11-14-2009, 12:13 PM
I predict a classic beat down on the bungals. It just smells like a big brother whooping.

Us 31
them 6

Steelgal
11-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Now that my computer is finally up and running, I can make my prediction.

Steelers 27
Bengals 10

I think it stays close early, but coming out of the 2nd half, the Steelers take control and win easily.

fordfixer
11-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Now that my computer is finally up and running, I can make my prediction.

Steelers 27
Bengals 10

I think it stays close early, but coming out of the 2nd half, the Steelers take control and win easily.

Welcome back to the Planet :lol:

feelthesteel
11-14-2009, 07:20 PM
i think the x factor is Troy and Mendy gettin in the groove.
it may be close.
Steelers 24 Bensgals 21

BATMAN
11-15-2009, 12:32 AM
It will be a Steeler win.

1. We are the better team.
2. We know big games and we win them.
3. Bengals too confident and too cocky.
4. Chad the butthole has lit the fire he can not put out.
5. We had last year the toughest schedule in the past 40 or 60 years. We went all the way.
6. We knew we were good last year and also knew, we haven,t peaked yet as a team under Tomlin.
7. Like we all said in the off season, this Steeler team is going to be better than last years Steeler team. It is !

8. Steeler 34 ------ Bungles 17

Djfan
11-15-2009, 02:01 AM

5. We had last year the toughest schedule in the past 40 or 60 years. We went all the way.
6. We knew we were good last year and also knew, we haven,t peaked yet as a team under Tomlin.
7. Like we all said in the off season, this Steeler team is going to be better than last years Steeler team. It is !

Chad the butthole.

Classic.

BATMAN
11-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Chad the butthole.

Classic.

Thanks, it was either that or buttplug. No matter how you cut it, Chad is like cutting the cheese, everything he spewes is crap.

buckeyehoppy
11-15-2009, 02:03 PM
We're flattening these Bungholes

Steelers 35
Bungholes 10

Go Steelers!!!