PDA

View Full Version : Now this is how a fan should whine

Djfan
11-11-2009, 02:07 AM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81789

"The officiating sucked bad, but we lost cause we sucked" approach. Good stuff.

proudpittsburgher
11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
They all seem to be hithching their horses on the delay of game no calls. For delay to be called, the clock has to hit zero, then the officials have to look and see if the ball is snapped. There is always a delay of a half a second it takes to look from the clock to the quartreback/center.

stlrz d
11-11-2009, 11:14 PM
They all seem to be hithching their horses on the delay of game no calls. For delay to be called, the clock has to hit zero, then the officials have to look and see if the ball is snapped. There is always a delay of a half a second it takes to look from the clock to the quartreback/center.

Are you kidding me? I didn't look at the link, but I remember watching for it specifically because I wanted to see if it would happen and if the Rats fans would whine about it.

I do not recall ONE single instance of the clock hitting zero...and I hold the fact that not one Rats fan has brought it up as evidence that it did not happen.

Those are folks grasping at straws...and some pretty thin straws at that...like the kind that you stir a drink with but don't try to drink through because you'd suck your face right into the glass!

Djfan
11-12-2009, 06:41 PM

Are you kidding me? I didn't look at the link, but I remember watching for it specifically because I wanted to see if it would happen and if the Rats fans would whine about it.

I do not recall ONE single instance of the clock hitting zero...and I hold the fact that not one Rats fan has brought it up as evidence that it did not happen.

Those are folks grasping at straws...and some pretty thin straws at that...like the kind that you stir a drink with but don't try to drink through because you'd suck your face right into the glass!

It was Doncos fans, actually.

stlrz d
11-12-2009, 09:29 PM

It was Doncos fans, actually.

I know. The point I was making was if Rats fans didn't cry about it then nobody should be crying about it...because it didn't happen. :lol:

steelblood
11-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Burnett was clearly pushed into the punter -- nothing should have been called

papillon
11-13-2009, 10:44 AM
The referees give every quarterback an extra tick once the clock hits zero before they call delay of game. Periera, a talking head or NFL executive explained this earlier in the year. You have to have not snapped for almost a second after the clock hits zero to get called.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
11-13-2009, 10:47 AM
The referees give every quarterback an extra tick once the clock hits zero before they call delay of game. Periera, a talking head or NFL executive explained this earlier in the year. You have to have not snapped for almost a second after the clock hits zero to get called.

Pappy

Is there an echo in here? :)

Northern_Blitz
11-13-2009, 11:19 AM

I know that this is true, but I think it's rediculous. They should have a system like the shot clock in basketball so that when time expires the ref knows without looking. It's the F'n NFL. How many Billion dollars do they take in per year?

stlrz d
11-13-2009, 08:50 PM

Pappy

Correct.

As for this game, I actually did watch for this...and it never happened. The ball was snapped at :01 many times, but never at :00.

Like I posted earlier, these Broncos fans are full of it...if the Rats fans aren't crying about it then it didn't happen! :lol:

Djfan
11-14-2009, 11:14 AM
D I have to disagree with you here. I feel like I saw some :00 hikes, but I see them in every game, so no biggie.

It's funny out here. I have not yet heard a fan (radio talk show hosts aside) who think the Donkos beat the Chargers this Sunday. They are killing each other in their rush to jump off the bandwagon.

RuthlessBurgher
11-14-2009, 11:17 AM
D I have to disagree with you here. I feel like I saw some :00 hikes, but I see them in every game, so no biggie.

It's funny out here. I have not yet heard a fan (radio talk show hosts aside) who think the Donkos beat the Chargers this Sunday. They are killing each other in their rush to jump off the bandwagon.

I don't think Denver beats San Diego this Sunday either. I think they beat Washington, though. :wink:

Djfan
11-14-2009, 11:30 AM

I don't think Denver beats San Diego this Sunday either. I think they beat Washington, though. :wink:

Funny. My bad. No one is worried about them here. So we all went to the next game of importance.

stlrz d
11-14-2009, 11:42 AM

No worries. I watched pretty closely for it because I noticed early on Ben was letting the clock wind down.

Djfan
11-14-2009, 11:56 AM

No worries. I watched pretty closely for it because I noticed early on Ben was letting the clock wind down.

It was. Either way I don't care. We put the hurt on them and the fans there know it.