PDA

View Full Version : Fan whinning in CO

Djfan
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I was listening to 850 am in Denver today. The fans are whinning about the large numbers of Steelers fans there yesterday. They kept complaining about the "Terrible Towels" dominating the stadium.

Well done all!

BATMAN
11-10-2009, 09:57 PM
I was hoping the cameras would scan the stadium just to see how many Steeler fans were there. They mentioned a couple of times with a short, short glance at the stadium.

There must have been many because, they were loud. Sure were plenty in the endzones.

SteelAbility
11-10-2009, 10:39 PM
They should be whining more about how the Broncos !#@$! the bed in the 2nd half and less about Terrible Towels.

RockyMountainSteeler
11-11-2009, 12:26 PM
I was listening to 850 am in Denver today. The fans are whinning about the large numbers of Steelers fans there yesterday. They kept complaining about the "Terrible Towels" dominating the stadium.

Well done all!

That was pretty embarrassing if you were a Bronco fan. We led cheers of Welcome to Heinz West as we were entering the stadium. I can't believe the Bronco fans sold out their team like that on a Monday Night game in front of a national audience. It's not like they are the Chiefs with a horrible record, they are leading their division. What a great feeling to be a Steeler fan and it was great to introduce my 5 year old son to Steeler Nation and show him what being a Steeler fan is all about.

DJFan, I came by the Rusty Bucket but I had my son with me, we showed up a little late and the place was packed so I didn't want him in the middle of all of that. I had a lot of friends that were tailgating at the stadium so we ended up on the north side of the stadium instead of down in Lot M. I'm sure by the turnout you had plenty of company down there with you. Anyway, sorry I could not stop by to meet up, maybe next time. I did walk around the Rusty Bucket trying to find a table and saw of the SteelCity Mafia table in the back. It was 3 deep all around the table and the merchadise was flying off the table. I'm sure you had a gread weekend, I know I did.

JTP53609
11-11-2009, 01:23 PM
I was hoping the cameras would scan the stadium just to see how many Steeler fans were there. They mentioned a couple of times with a short, short glance at the stadium.

There must have been many because, they were loud. Sure were plenty in the endzones.

they show the inside of the jumbotron at dallas but my gosh last year in D.C we had 60% black and gold and they never showed it and now they did not even show it in denver either, how bout showing the crowed espn, jackasses

feltdizz
11-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Obviously fans of most teams will sell their ticket to a Steeler fan in tough economic times. I've never understood why it was such an issue since it's their ticket to sell. Players scream about how
bad it is to see TT towels but they make so much money they can't relate. They act like Steeler fans aren't paying for the tickets or are buying them for a dollar a piece. Don't get mad get better fans or make it attractive to not sell to Steeler fans with fan incentives.

Wolfhound45
11-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Honestly, I think it is a deliberate decision (at least early in the game) not to "show" how many Steelers fans are in the stands. Talk about it yes, but not show it. I think the reason is it somehow hurts the NFL for a team to be shown up like that on MNF/SNF. Pretty embarrassing I bet.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I work with a guy who owns 2 season tickets, and has gone to probably 6 or 8 games in the past 5 years. I actually bought the full season from him Ben's rookie year, couldn't afford it the next year when we won the bowl, and then bought it from him again the year after the superbowl. He hardly ever goes to games. There are a lot of Steelers fans like him too that live right here in Pittsburgh, sell their tickets for a profit to real fans like me. I wish there was some way the Steelers could check to see how many games the actual license holders go to and if it doesn't meet up to some number over like a 2 year period they have to give them up. They should also make it illegal to sell the license on ebay or for some ridiculous profit.

When building Heinz Field the Steelers should have added an additional 5 to 10 thousand seats to raffle off to people on the waiting list each year for just that season.

stlrz d
11-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I work with a guy who owns 2 season tickets, and has gone to probably 6 or 8 games in the past 5 years. I actually bought the full season from him Ben's rookie year, couldn't afford it the next year when we won the bowl, and then bought it from him again the year after the superbowl. He hardly ever goes to games. There are a lot of Steelers fans like him too that live right here in Pittsburgh, sell their tickets for a profit to real fans like me. I wish there was some way the Steelers could check to see how many games the actual license holders go to and if it doesn't meet up to some number over like a 2 year period they have to give them up. They should also make it illegal to sell the license on ebay or for some ridiculous profit.

When building Heinz Field the Steelers should have added an additional 5 to 10 thousand seats to raffle off to people on the waiting list each year for just that season.

Marketing 101...you always want to have a large waiting list for season tickets.

Mister Pittsburgh
11-12-2009, 02:01 PM
adding 5 to 10 thousand seats would have cut the existing waiting list from 15 years to 8! :moon :lol: