PDA

View Full Version : What Did It Look Like??

ikestops85
11-10-2009, 06:26 PM
I just got back into DC area from Denver :tt2 :tt2 What an amazing trip and game. Monday Night Football, great weather, surrounded by Steeler faithful and of course getting to see the Steelers kick some bronco arse.

Riding a bus to the game and they had on the Bronco pre-game show. Just as we pull up to the stadium I hear the announcer say "What's going on here, the stadium is full of yellow hankies?". Well I knew the bronco's fate was determined right then. You don't call the terrible towel a hanky.

So I get into the stadium and am walking up to my seat and I notice that the broncos had put orange pom poms on a stick at each seat. My friends and I started laughing so hard at these gay pom poms that they expected there fans to wave. Even the bronco fans thought it was lame.

Anyway, what I wanted to know was how did our nation represent on TV? I would say conservatively the stadium was filled with about 25% steeler fans. It was awesome ... especially when Heath would catch a ball. The noise from people yelling HEATH was deafening. Let me know what it looked like on TV.

Oh, and at the Denver airport today it was filled with Steeler fans. You could see them at every gate. Just WOW!!

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2009, 07:21 PM
Perhaps it was 75-25 in favor of Bronco fans at the start, but it was more like 75-25 in favor of Steeler fans at the end, as all those orange pom-pom wavers went home early. We could hear the "HEEEEEEEEEATH!!!!" through the T.V. as well. Good show, fellas.

proudpittsburgher
11-10-2009, 07:51 PM
The HEEEEAAAAAAATTTTTHHHHH came across loud and clear on TV. It's pretty amazing, actually.

stlrz d
11-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I had to LMAO at some dude "fiercely" waving one of those orange pom-pon sticks with a "warrior" looking face as he was screaming. :lol:

steelsnis
11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
My friends and I started laughing so hard at these gay pom poms that they expected there fans to wave.

Hey who do you think you are, Larry Johnson??? :lol:

Djfan
11-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Hey Ike!

We tailgated in Lot M with Frenchy Fuqua. Our lot was at least 50% Steelers fans if not more. We saw fans everywhere in the city! At the malls, the restaurants, the game, etc. It was awesome.

ikestops85
11-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Hey Ike!

We tailgated in Lot M with Frenchy Fuqua. Our lot was at least 50% Steelers fans if not more. We saw fans everywhere in the city! At the malls, the restaurants, the game, etc. It was awesome.

Iwas hoping to make the tailgate in Lot M but things just didn't work out. I'm not used to MNF starting at 6:30. It sounds like I missed a great time. Maybe the next time DJ.

Djfan
11-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey Ike!

Iwas hoping to make the tailgate in Lot M but things just didn't work out. I'm not used to MNF starting at 6:30. It sounds like I missed a great time. Maybe the next time DJ.

You did, but it's all good. Keep your eye on the Steel City Mafia website
http://www.steelcitymafia.com for upcoming events. We're always on the prowel for a good time.

flippy
11-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I heard the MNF crew mention you could hear the Broncos getting boo'd when they came out on the field. And then when the Steelers came out you could hear cheering.

So whatever the %, the rowdy fans were in the house.