PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love that HARRISON hit in the 4th quarter...

LordVile
11-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Damn, he almost took that Donkeys head off, with that 360 smash. When the other team is down, it's good to beat them physically, indeed.

Steelgal
11-10-2009, 05:49 PM
I was over reading on the Rats board today, the game thread they had going last night. There were lots of complaints about how it was a helmet-to-helmet hit and should have drawn a penalty. They're expecting a fine for him. :ratsuck

LordVile
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I was over reading on the Rats board today, the game thread they had going last night. There were lots of complaints about how it was a helmet-to-helmet hit and should have drawn a penalty. They're expecting a fine for him. :ratsuck

But yet when big bad Ray Lewis, hit's on someone. it's okay for them! LOL they're just sore cuz we put the hurt on them in the AFC champ game last year and they're losing this year. :ratsuck

Steelgal
11-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Yep, they were saying it was worse than the hit RayRay put on Chad Ochocinco. Don't remember the hit, but I highly doubt it.

Jigawatts
11-10-2009, 06:00 PM
To me it looked like Harrison just appeared to be making a good form tackle when the ball
carrier ducked into the hit. I don't know how a tackler is supposed break down and not
lead with their helmet unless they want to get run over. Go go gadget arms???

Mel Blount's G
11-10-2009, 06:05 PM
This is one of the things that bugs me about some of the new rules: Harrison did not intend to spear the guy with his helmet. But if he does not dip his head for the hit, he takes the OTHER GUY'S helmet right under his chin. Dipping one's head on a hit or block is instinctual and should not be penalized or fined imo unless a player does it unnecessarily in an attempt to kill someone. I just don't know about this. It's hard for me to picture the tackling with one's head straight up and erect. Even when you hit with your shoulder pad you lower your head a bit as you lower your center of gravity and drive through with your legs. Soemtimes the other player moves his body in a way which then has your helmet hitting his even though that was not the defenders intial line of target. Last night the guy caught the ball right in front of Harrison and the receiver ducked his head as did Harrison. T'was a good, clean stick in nmy book even though by rule, it probably could have been penalized and may very well get fined. These penalties and fines take away f4rom the game I love

Btw, notice how harrison just went back to the huddle as if it were another play instead of jumping around like he was a badazz ala Ray ray? James is the man

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2009, 07:36 PM
It was a tribute to Ryan Clark. Since the sweatsuit-clad Clark couldn't be out there on the field with his teammates (except to congratulate Ty Carter on his interceptions), Harrison decided that he would honor Clark with a Clark-type knock-out blow on a guy who dared to go over the middle.

:tt2 :tt1 :Bow :Clap :Steel

stlrz d
11-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Yep, they were saying it was worse than the hit RayRay put on Chad Ochocinco. Don't remember the hit, but I highly doubt it.

I saw them whining about it too. My alter ego may have even commented. :P

Anyway, rayray's hit wasn't helmet to helmet although they called it that. What he actually did was leave his feet to launch himself at a defenseless receiver.

Harrison's hit was similar to Clark's hit on McGahee in the AFCCG. The tackler went low and the runner tried to go lower...helmets collided as a result.

And yes, I loved that he didn't jump around like a knife wielding psycho after the play!

steelsnis
11-10-2009, 09:09 PM
How about Ward's de-cleater in the first quarter last night!!!

He HAMMERED #56 from the Broncos on a Holmes (or Wallace?) catch. Dude didn't know what hit him so he got up clapping his hands. Hahaha, Hines just calmly walked back to the huddle smiling...

phillyesq
11-10-2009, 11:38 PM
This is one of the things that bugs me about some of the new rules: Harrison did not intend to spear the guy with his helmet. But if he does not dip his head for the hit, he takes the OTHER GUY'S helmet right under his chin. Dipping one's head on a hit or block is instinctual and should not be penalized or fined imo unless a player does it unnecessarily in an attempt to kill someone. I just don't know about this. It's hard for me to picture the tackling with one's head straight up and erect. Even when you hit with your shoulder pad you lower your head a bit as you lower your center of gravity and drive through with your legs. Soemtimes the other player moves his body in a way which then has your helmet hitting his even though that was not the defenders intial line of target. Last night the guy caught the ball right in front of Harrison and the receiver ducked his head as did Harrison. T'was a good, clean stick in nmy book even though by rule, it probably could have been penalized and may very well get fined. These penalties and fines take away f4rom the game I love

Btw, notice how harrison just went back to the huddle as if it were another play instead of jumping around like he was a badazz ala Ray ray? James is the man

I agree that it was a clean hit. I would think that it is almost impossible to tackle somebody without your helmet making contact.

I also really love that Harrison doesn't engage in any sort of antics after the play, and just goes about his job. That kind of stuff really irritates me, and nobody is worse with it than the Ravens.

Shoe
11-10-2009, 11:58 PM

I did.
And even when the interviewer was fishing for some pre-game bulletin-board material, Harrison cooly told him he keeps his talking on the field.

Slapstick
11-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Steelers football is 60 minutes...so, yes, they will still kick your @$$ in the 4th quarter when the game is in hand...

SteelAbility
11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Both players, Moats and Harrison were leaning forward. Since the helmet PROTRUDES, naturally the helmets are going contact each other before any other contact can occur. What's Harrison supposed to do? Consciously lean his head backward and risk injury to himself? :roll:

The helmet contact was incidental. The brunt of the contact game through the arm and body. Clean hit. Get over it. :moon

:tt2

Lebsteel
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Both players, Moats and Harrison were leaning forward. Since the helmet PROTRUDES, naturally the helmets are going contact each other before any other contact can occur. What's Harrison supposed to do? Consciously lean his head backward and risk injury to himself? :roll:

The helmet contact was incidental. The brunt of the contact game through the arm and body. Clean hit. Get over it. :moon

:tt2
Totally agree other than the fact that it was Buckhalter that was hit. Moats plays for the Texans.