PDA

View Full Version : Ben gets some respect from Bronco fans

Scarletfire1970
11-10-2009, 01:34 PM
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=101&f=1795&t=5054375&p=2

I'll go ahead and say it: Ben Roethlisberger is the best QB in the league. No joke.

He makes plays that other guys cannot make, and can only dream of making. Pittsburgh got VERY lucky to get such a stud, and while they brought him up on good teams, slowly, letting his teammates win for him, the fact is that HE won that game last night. He's absolutely incredible.

I wouldn't say THE best with Peyton, Tom, and Drew running around, but I see your point.The guy is definately a gamer, he WORKED Champ last night.We need a thread about Champ dont we?

I think he's better. Than all of those guys. None of them can make the plays that he can make.

papillon
11-10-2009, 01:51 PM
:Agree Steeler fans have known this for years. :wink:

Pappy

SteelAbility
11-10-2009, 01:56 PM
:Agree Steeler fans have known this for years. :wink:

Pappy

That's right ... B*TCHES!!!

Mel Blount's G
11-10-2009, 02:21 PM
There have been, and still are, certain Steeler "fans" that use the stats to show that manning et. al. are "better" than Ben. Yet most of us say that although those guys are statistically better, we'd take Ben because he makes those amazing plays, as mentioned by the donkey fans above, that none of those guys can make. Teams game plan to "contain" Ben in the pocket, yet teams rarely, if ever, are able to do it. They now game plan to tackle his ARM. Or, not to try to tackle him but attack the ball. Yes. Us sTeeler fans have noticed this since Ben first took over for Tommy. Remember when we beat Dallas in Dallas? It was obvious then that Ben had some weird, mutant, alien, uncanny pocket-presence whereby he could "feel" defenders in the pocket and side step them at the last possible second, or duck as a would be tackler flew over him, or swat off a defender like a pestering gnat, and then pump fake a safety's jock off and zip a missle in between two defenders for a touchdown. All the stats in the world can't describe, or amount to, this undescrible "it" that Ben has. The best way to describe this "it", to me, is: WINNING.

anger 82&95
11-10-2009, 03:26 PM
There have been, and still are, certain Steeler "fans" that use the stats to show that manning et. al. are "better" than Ben. Yet most of us say that although those guys are statistically better, we'd take Ben because he makes those amazing plays, as mentioned by the donkey fans above, that none of those guys can make. Teams game plan to "contain" Ben in the pocket, yet teams rarely, if ever, are able to do it. They now game plan to tackle his ARM. Or, not to try to tackle him but attack the ball. Yes. Us sTeeler fans have noticed this since Ben first took over for Tommy. Remember when we beat Dallas in Dallas? It was obvious then that Ben had some weird, mutant, alien, uncanny pocket-presence whereby he could "feel" defenders in the pocket and side step them at the last possible second, or duck as a would be tackler flew over him, or swat off a defender like a pestering gnat, and then pump fake a safety's jock off and zip a missle in between two defenders for a touchdown. All the stats in the world can't describe, or amount to, this undescrible "it" that Ben has. The best way to describe this "it", to me, is: WINNING.Remember when SMG compared sacking B. Ben to felling a Redwood tree? It’s true, the guy reminds my of an Ent from the Tolkien novels.

MeetJoeGreene
11-10-2009, 03:33 PM
It’s true, the guy reminds my of an Ent from the Tolkien novels.

Ent Ben?

A during our SB XL run, we could have called him Treebeard.

anger 82&95
11-10-2009, 03:39 PM
It’s true, the guy reminds my of an Ent from the Tolkien novels.

Ent Ben?

A during our SB XL run, we could have called him Treebeard.His team presence is amazing. He’s certainly a giant among men…

SteelAbility
11-10-2009, 03:49 PM
There have been, and still are, certain Steeler "fans" that use the stats to show that manning et. al. are "better" than Ben. Yet most of us say that although those guys are statistically better, we'd take Ben because he makes those amazing plays, as mentioned by the donkey fans above, that none of those guys can make. Teams game plan to "contain" Ben in the pocket, yet teams rarely, if ever, are able to do it. They now game plan to tackle his ARM. Or, not to try to tackle him but attack the ball. Yes. Us sTeeler fans have noticed this since Ben first took over for Tommy. Remember when we beat Dallas in Dallas? It was obvious then that Ben had some weird, mutant, alien, uncanny pocket-presence whereby he could "feel" defenders in the pocket and side step them at the last possible second, or duck as a would be tackler flew over him, or swat off a defender like a pestering gnat, and then pump fake a safety's jock off and zip a missle in between two defenders for a touchdown. All the stats in the world can't describe, or amount to, this undescrible "it" that Ben has. The best way to describe this "it", to me, is: WINNING.

Actually, in the main stat, YPA, Ben is ahead of Manning et al. In fact he's #5 ALL time with a huge dropoff occuring after the first two, Otto Graham and Sid Luckman. Romo is just a bit ahead of Ben in YPA, but has yet to win in the playoffs. Until then ...

eniparadoxgma
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM
...and somewhere...

teeceemadison dies a little more inside.

Awesome!!! :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

SteelAbility
11-10-2009, 07:09 PM
...and somewhere...

OMG yes I remember teecee! What an @$$! Probably showed up on some forum with a different screen name singing the praises of Ben and saying "I told you so!" I had a feeling those Ben rants were all about teecee and had nothing to do with Steeler football.

And when Ben turns up First Ballot, someone who knows teecee should invite him (or her) to the induction ceremony. :mrgreen:

stlrz d
11-10-2009, 08:46 PM
They just did a nice story on Ben tonight on E:60. I would advise seeing it on a rebroadcast if you have a chance. It wasn't a fluff piece.

jj28west
11-10-2009, 09:32 PM
...and somewhere...

That guy killed me with his h@rd on for Ben. My only guess is that he ws some spoiled rich kid whose dad got him a chance to meet Ben at some function and Ben refused to sign his jersey.

Scarletfire1970
11-10-2009, 09:36 PM
They just did a nice story on Ben tonight on E:60. I would advise seeing it on a rebroadcast if you have a chance. It wasn't a fluff piece.
E:60? what's that?

BATMAN
11-10-2009, 09:49 PM
It is cool reading or hearing from other fans that appreciate what had taken place on the field and not making excuses. Broncos had our Steelers up against the ropes for the first half and why they failed to keep things in gear is something for their coach.
Tomlin was asked, " what they did different come second half " Tomlins answer was, " we did nothing different." Just then my kid fail, started to cry and I missed the rest.

stlrz d
11-10-2009, 09:58 PM

Clicky (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=E%3A60).

:lol:

Scarletfire1970
11-11-2009, 06:38 AM
[quote="stlrz d":352iw816]They just did a nice story on Ben tonight on E:60. I would advise seeing it on a rebroadcast if you have a chance. It wasn't a fluff piece.

Clicky (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=E%3A60).

:lol:[/quote:352iw816]
Thanks. Good piece. I guess it was true that Ben's teammates didn't really like him in the beginning.

JTP53609
11-11-2009, 04:00 PM
i was listening to mike and mike and they were talking about the 04 qb class as being the best of all time, and they said right now they have 3 super bowls and phillip rivers is one of the best qbs in the league.....of course ben does not get credit by himself, they just use his super bowls to help persuade others that the class is the best..eli is overrated IMO, rivers is good Ben is great..

anger 82&95
11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
i was listening to mike and mike and they were talking about the 04 qb class as being the best of all time, and they said right now they have 3 super bowls and phillip rivers is one of the best qbs in the league.....of course ben does not get credit by himself, they just use his super bowls to help persuade others that the class is the best..eli is overrated IMO, rivers is good Ben is great..
Rivers may have inherent talent, but he is extremely immature and lacks discipline. Until he learns to present as a professional, he shouldn’t be considered a great athlete.

fezziwig
11-11-2009, 05:04 PM

:Cheers