PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE WATCH NFL NETWORK AFTER THE GAME????

Doogie36
11-10-2009, 01:03 PM
I dont have the exact words used but I just loved how they PRAISED Mike Tomlin on not only his coaching abilities but how he mentally has this football team focused!!!! They interviewed Big Ben and James Harrison and it was like they were Mike Tomlin as they spoke. I think a lot of us get caught up in BA and Mike on their play calling and yadda yadda but the HEAD COACH without being a micromanger has to let these assistants do their thing and he has to do his thing...WHICH IS MOTIVATE!!!!!!!! They brought up training camp and the buses being out there waiting and how Mike told the team hey you want to be champs again or do you want to hit the club???? I know it's probably silly but the very same reason I LOVED BILL COWHER is the same reason why I like MIKE TOMLIN.....BOTH ARE MOTIVATORS!!!!!!!! Let's leave the X's and O's to the assistants and let the COACH-COACH!!!!!!!!

I also loved GRUDEN praise once again BA..........BA is the perfect offensive coordinator who ALLOWS Ben to call his own plays...HE ALLLOWS Ben to fiter out the plays he doesnt like. You can bash BA all you want but when you call RUN RIGHT and ou get 30 yards like you did last night it's not different when you call RUN RIGHT and get minus 6. It's not BA's fault.........................I'm just sayng!!!!!! We've had some HORRIBLE Offensive Coordinators in the past but we also had some very bad players in the past toooooo................Would you raher have a STRICT OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR who puts he handcuffs on BEN or have the flexibility to allow BEN to call his own plays and do his own thing??????

Either way I'm pumped!!!!!!!!!!!! This team is clicking and I just love the team chemistry.....You could see it during the entire game!!! Willie Parker was smiling on the sideline when Rashard was doing good. Ryan Clark was jumping up and down for TYRONE CARTER......Ben firing up the OL after the fumble..........Mike patting Rashard and Kemo n the head during the game..............Did you see that at all from the BRONCOS???? Do you see that anywhere else in the NFL?????? I dont and that's why I LOVE MY STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring on the BENGALS!!!!!!!!!!! We didnt have RASHARD or TROY the last time. We bashed BA for the conservative gameplan but again RUN RIGHT with RASHARD is a lot better than RUN RIGHT with WILLIE...............Just saying!!!!!!!!!!

Mel Blount's G
11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I saw us throw from the shotgun in 3rd and short last night which means BA has adjusted....we were the worst in the league in 3rd and shorts last year and it seemed we ran every time in those situations. Yes, poor execution but it was also predictable play calling. BA IS putting trust in Ben now but it's taken him a while to do it. BA didn't always operate in this fashion.

I liked how Gruden mentioned Tomlin as the best motivator in the league. It was nice to hear someone finally say it and also nice it came from an ex-coach with credentials and not some mouthpice like jaws or collinsworthluss

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2009, 01:22 PM
I saw us throw from the shotgun in 3rd and short last night which means BA has adjusted....we were the worst in the league in 3rd and shorts last year and it seemed we ran every time in those situations. Yes, poor execution but it was also predictable play calling. BA IS putting trust in Ben now but it's taken him a while to do it. BA didn't always operate in this fashion.

I liked how Gruden mentioned Tomlin as the best motivator in the league. It was nice to hear someone finally say it and also nice it came from an ex-coach with credentials and not some mouthpice like jaws or collinsworthluss

Well, Gruden would know better than anyone else. He spent 4 years worth of meetings with Tomlin in Tampa.

sd steel
11-11-2009, 01:56 AM

I'm not a fan of Jaworski or Collinsworth, (although I think he is fair), But saying Gruden has credentials because he coached, (albeit he it was with Tomlin)? Jaws and Collinsworth both played many years in the NFL, to say he has credentials over them might be a little silly. Just sayin.

Mel Blount's G
11-11-2009, 03:38 AM
[quote="Mel Blount's G":2r29etvl]I saw us throw from the shotgun in 3rd and short last night which means BA has adjusted....we were the worst in the league in 3rd and shorts last year and it seemed we ran every time in those situations. Yes, poor execution but it was also predictable play calling. BA IS putting trust in Ben now but it's taken him a while to do it. BA didn't always operate in this fashion.

I'm not a fan of Jaworski or Collinsworth, (although I think he is fair), But saying Gruden has credentials because he coached, (albeit he it was with Tomlin)? Jaws and Collinsworth both played many years in the NFL, to say he has credentials over them might be a little silly. Just sayin.[/quote:2r29etvl]
Maybe I was quick to over-assign credentials to Gruden but anybody that WINS the Big Game as a Head Coach attains some instant credibility right there. Of course worthluss and jawjacker lost That Game as players. I digress however and agree with you pointing out that being a coach doesn't necessarily give someone greater credentials then those who were players. Really, I think Gruden has credentials for winning the SB and not just because he coached

proudpittsburgher
11-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority here but Gruden praises EVERYBODY because he is hunting for a job. The sooner they could get him out of the booth the better. And Collinsworth has been a really good addition to SNF. I can only hope he would make the jump to SNF and replace both Jaws and Gruden. Maybe Gruden can be the Cleveland coach and Jaws his OC. :)

stlrz d
11-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority here but Gruden praises EVERYBODY because he is hunting for a job. The sooner they could get him out of the booth the better. And Collinsworth has been a really good addition to SNF. I can only hope he would make the jump to SNF and replace both Jaws and Gruden. Maybe Gruden can be the Cleveland coach and Jaws his OC. :)

I'm in that minority with you. Gruden could easily announce WWE.

It's annoying.

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? Imagine Gus Johnson and Jon Gruden calling a game together. That's even more annoying than the noise Jim Carrey makes in Dumb and Dumber.

I've always liked Collinsworth...or Collingsworth as many are wont to call him. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
11-11-2009, 11:11 AM

It's annoying.

Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? Imagine Gus Johnson and Jon Gruden calling a game together. That's even more annoying than the noise Jim Carrey makes in Dumb and Dumber.

I've always liked Collinsworth...or Collingsworth as many are wont to call him. :lol:

[youtube:17o7l2d9]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cVlTeIATBs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cVlTeIATBs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:17o7l2d9]

stlrz d
11-11-2009, 11:04 PM

It's annoying.

[youtube:23wsk7ke]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cVlTeIATBs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cVlTeIATBs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:23wsk7ke]

Gruden and Johnson calling a game would definitely be more annoying...nary a doubt!