PDA

View Full Version : Did Denver win the SB last year?

feltdizz
11-10-2009, 01:35 AM
My Dad called after the second series PO'ed cause the ESPN crew was slobbering over the Denver DB's like the game was over. One play and they acted like Ty Law shut down Hines all game.

One other thing... I don't have ESPN at home and it has been wonderful... it has to be the jankiest slobberfest sports station who loves any QB but Ben. Those guys were trying anyway they could to not give Ben credit as an elite QB. WTF was Steve Young talking about when he said Ben is a player? Talk about a hater and Matt mumble Millen is the worst... Mendenhall was more polished then those 2 and he had on a sweaty tshirt. I love when he said Ben has 2 SB wins and keeps winning so they will have to talk about him.

costanza2k1
11-10-2009, 01:45 AM
No, but they lost their SB tonight.

JTP53609
11-10-2009, 09:10 AM
i really get fired up when they ask "is ben one of the elite qbs in the nfl" my gosh, he is the fourth rated passer in the nfl, 2 super bowls, he has the most wins of any qb in their first 6 years....but yea he is in the middle of the pack....i really hate espn..

how about jaworski saying that ty law has had an exceptional peformance in the game tonight....2 minutes into the game after he was in for one play.....

MeetJoeGreene
11-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I thought Gruden was complimentary of the Steelers and givin' us some love.

They commented on the fans too.....

JTP53609
11-10-2009, 09:46 AM
i really dont mind gruden, i acutally like him, but he will be gone next year coaching notre dame..between jaws and kornhole last year, i would mute the tv and just watch the game, jaws is a know it all and kornhole was a know nothing, gruden is worth listening to bc i think that he does not like jaws and he pokes at him alot...

proudpittsburgher
11-10-2009, 09:47 AM
I remember a comment from Gruden on either the Steelers first or second series, where Ben was sacked on a coverage sack, and Gruden gushes over Ty Law saying something to the effect of how great a game he was playing. I just remember thinking, "It is 6 minutes in, and he only plays on nickle. What, was he in on two plays at that point?

Jooser
11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
i really get fired up when they ask "is ben one of the elite qbs in the nfl" my gosh, he is the fourth rated passer in the nfl, 2 super bowls, he has the most wins of any qb in their first 6 years....but yea he is in the middle of the pack....i really hate espn..

how about jaworski saying that ty law has had an exceptional peformance in the game tonight....2 minutes into the game after he was in for one play.....

Yeah, and he completely ignored the fact that TL had a hand full of Hines' jersey as he followed him across the field. Well, any DB could cover anyone if that were legal. :roll:
Jaws is an ass.

stlrz d
11-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Gruden loves every player.

pfelix73
11-10-2009, 10:24 AM
"The Missile" must not have been impressed as he is picking the Bengals to win this weekend. What a weasel. Both him and his brother can stick it.

:bungalssuck

Steeler Expat
11-10-2009, 10:27 AM
In Peru we get a Spanish audio over the game. Ordinarily I wouldn't mind it so much but they seem to muffle the crowd audio so you really don't hear the game very well. So I subscribed online to the NFL Field Pass and now sync up the game to Hillgrove and Tunch from my laptop to my audio system. I no longer have to listen to these network clowns. My handle on the old Trib board was DeathToJaworski. It may be a little over the top but I truly despise the man.

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2009, 11:36 AM

http://hereinvannuys.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/031218_yesports_keyshawn_johnsonwidec.jpg

:wink:

feltdizz
11-10-2009, 11:47 AM

I used to ignore the analyst but after the game Millen and Steve Young were tripping up over each other trying to dump on Ben....

I could see if he was Palmer or another Qb with stats but no hardware but it's like these guys aren't watching the same game as us.

NWNewell
11-10-2009, 01:37 PM
I remember a comment from Gruden on either the Steelers first or second series, where Ben was sacked on a coverage sack, and Gruden gushes over Ty Law saying something to the effect of how great a game he was playing. I just remember thinking, "It is 6 minutes in, and he only plays on nickle. What, was he in on two plays at that point?

Well, he was playing well... considering he was on the team for one day.

But as Ben started the no huddle and the offense made some adjustments, the defense had to adjust on the fly, and Ty Law just did not know his assignments and started play hesitant.

But when he lined up one on one... he didn't do a bad job. Heck, he almost looked better than Bailey... I don't think he got blown by for a deep play, then hurdled over on another for a TD like Bailey did.

stlrz d
11-10-2009, 03:29 PM

http://hereinvannuys.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/031218_yesports_keyshawn_johnsonwidec.jpg

:wink:

As an analyst Gruden loves every player.

:moon

anger 82&95
11-10-2009, 04:14 PM

how about jaworski saying that ty law has had an exceptional peformance in the game tonight....2 minutes into the game after he was in for one play.....It’s amazing how so many of these self-proclaimed “experts” still yearn for the “traditional” drop-back passer that arches long picturesque passes to the fan-inspiring, 6.5 foot wide receiver. The AFL exists on DVD, for purchase on Amazon I’m sure… But after years of fruitless playoff runs, I consider B. Ben’s ability to win Super Bowls as paramount. Incidentally, before “Jaws” chooses to wax pontifical, perhaps he should remember a certain player named Rod Martin!