PDA

View Full Version : OT: Very interesting stat site

Jom112
11-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Came across this site that's pretty intriguing. Mainly because this is the best site I've seen in terms of keeping track of O-Linemen stats (If you go to the by position tab).

http://www.profootballfocus.com/home.php?tab=home

Anyone use this site before or validate how accurate they usually are?

NKySteeler
11-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I've not seen this one before, but it sure seems to be a good source... Thanx for posting it.

flippy
11-09-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm not so sure about these stats....

He's got Troy as the 59th best safety in the league.

Hines Ward's got 40+ WR ahead of him.

He did put Mewelde Moore really high on his list which surprised me (I think he's the best back on our roster, but still he's not a starter).

And while he did get it right that Ben's better than Peyton and Brady, he has Brady at #15. As much as I hate Brady, that's crazy.

BURGH86STEEL
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I've seen that site before. Stats do not always tell the real story behind the game. There are so many factors out side of stats to consider when evaluating individuals and teams.

Jom112
11-09-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm not so sure about these stats....

He's got Troy as the 59th best safety in the league.

Hines Ward's got 40+ WR ahead of him.

He did put Mewelde Moore really high on his list which surprised me (I think he's the best back on our roster, but still he's not a starter).

And while he did get it right that Ben's better than Peyton and Brady, he has Brady at #15. As much as I hate Brady, that's crazy.

I'm not so sure about the rankings per se. But the stats that he has for the O-Linemen, such as penalties and their ratings on screen passes, etc... is definitely different...

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2009, 02:31 PM
He also has Willie Colon as the best pass blocking tackle in the entire NFL (11.8) but has him as a liability as a run blocker (-1.7). I smell something fishy with whatever formula they are using to come up with these numbers.

grotonsteel
11-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Alan fanaeca is at 69....How the might have fallen.... :twisted:

Or he is not happy protecting rookie QB ?? :wink: :)

Jom112
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
So what intrigued me about this site initially is that I read somewhere how they had Even Mathis our LG rated as one of the top Guards in the NFL.

He's ranked 3rd in the NFL in run blocking according to the site. Against the Ravens, Mathis got hurt and was replaced by Nate Livings at LG. And here is a breakdown of Benson's stats for the game:

Att Yards AVG LG TD
1st Q 9 45 5.0 21 1
2nd Q 9 35 3.9 15 0
3rd Q 7 19 2.7 4 0
4th Q 9 18 2.0 6 0
34 117 3.4 21 1

He started off running really well against the Ravens, but after Mathis left his production went down. It could just be a coincidence, or it could indicate that losing Mathis for a couple of weeks will really hurt our run game...

Alan fanaeca is at 69....How the might have fallen.... :twisted:

Or he is not happy protecting rookie QB ?? :wink: :)

Eric Steinbach isn't doing too well for the Browns either... :lol:

stlrz d
11-09-2009, 08:49 PM
stats = some geeks attempt at quantifying things that are not quantifiable.