PDA

View Full Version : Colts Keep Squeakin' by...

Jooser
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
So, how long can it go on. The Colts keep squeaking by the average to below-average teams for wins. This week, Houston missed a last-second kick to fail to tie the game. Indy is in a very weak division this year, but they look like they could possibly be the front runner for the #1 seed in the AFC. We'll see what they have next week against the Pats(*) I suppose. Thoughts?

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2009, 10:36 AM
We keep squeaking by as well against inferior teams as well, though. However, while that bit us in the butt twice already, it hasn't bitten them yet. I'd imagine now that they had to put Bob Sanders and Marlin Jackson on I.R. (plus Anthony Gonzalez's return was pushed back a few more weeks), I think it will catch up to them soon and they will enter the loss column before the Saints do. They are still a team to be reckoned with, though, for sure.

SteelAbility
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Here's to hoping they have at least one more "pull it out of the butt" against NE.

proudpittsburgher
11-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Pizzed me off, being in Colts-land. I just knew he was going to miss that field goal when he walked on to the field . . . but he doesn't have the open end at heinz field to blame anymore. I wonder what KB's excuse is this time.

Another thing which royally pizzed me off about that game was the Houston fumble at the 2 yard line. I could see it, the announcers could see it, everyone could see it was a fumble, or at least question if it was, but Matt Shaub walks calmly (slowly) up to the line, looks confused, and calls a freakin time out, plenty of time for the Colts to challenge the call and get the ball. :wft

Jooser
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
What some of these opposing defenses seem to miss, IMO, is that Manning IS the Colts. You have to sell out and pressure him, like you have to pressure Brady. They can't make their immaculate throws with bodies flying everywhere. If we were to play them, we'd have to sell out to the blitz to stop Peyton.

feltdizz
11-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Pizzed me off, being in Colts-land. I just knew he was going to miss that field goal when he walked on to the field . . . but he doesn't have the open end at heinz field to blame anymore. I wonder what KB's excuse is this time.

Another thing which royally pizzed me off about that game was the Houston fumble at the 2 yard line. I could see it, the announcers could see it, everyone could see it was a fumble, or at least question if it was, but Matt Shaub walks calmly (slowly) up to the line, looks confused, and calls a freakin time out, plenty of time for the Colts to challenge the call and get the ball. :wft
Didn't see enough replays of the fumble but I think I heard them say the clock ran down to the 2 minute warning and the refs then took the liberty of reversing the call. If this is true you have to love how the refs went the extra mile. I wonder if the colts were out of time outs and this is why schaub tried to call a time out so the refs couldn't review it. I thought I heard them say something like the clock shouldn't have run to 2 minutes.

flippy
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM
maybe they'll lose their next 8.

feltdizz
11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
looked it up on ESPN and they actually have a story about how genius the execution of the challenge was.. seriously. How genius is it to challenge a fumble on your 2 when the other team gives you 5 minutes to look at the replay?

proudpittsburgher
11-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Didn't see enough replays of the fumble but I think I heard them say the clock ran down to the 2 minute warning and the refs then took the liberty of reversing the call. If this is true you have to love how the refs went the extra mile. I wonder if the colts were out of time outs and this is why schaub tried to call a time out so the refs couldn't review it. I thought I heard them say something like the clock shouldn't have run to 2 minutes.

No, Matt Schaub looked lost going to the line of scrimmage . . . it looked like his bench was tellign him to run a play,a nd he didn't know what to do. Either way, it was pretty clear to everyone that the call was close enough to challenge. If he would have run up and ran a play, then the Colts likely wouldn't have challenged it, but he waited until the cloch ran down to the two-minute warning, Colts coaches had the entire timeout to look at th replay (they didn't need that long) then they challenged it and got the ball back. Houston blew it . . . they likely would have scored a TD, but got nothing.

proudpittsburgher
11-09-2009, 03:08 PM
looked it up on ESPN and they actually have a story about how genius the execution of the challenge was.. seriously. How genius is it to challenge a fumble on your 2 when the other team gives you 5 minutes to look at the replay?

The Colts have been football royalty for quite a while now, eveything they do is like walkign on water. :moon

Iron Shiek
11-09-2009, 04:38 PM

Yeah i was casually watching that game while moving some stuff in from my garage. I took like 3 or 4 loads of stuff up and down...took a dump...ate lunch...took another dump...ate dessert...took a nap...woke up and looked at the TV and there was the same dam replay being showed. I couldn't understand what was taking so long. I would hope the Colts made the right choice after all that time as well. Geez.