PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming match-up "coincidences" against Cincy next week

NKySteeler
11-08-2009, 06:52 PM
Yea... We still got the Denver game tomorrow... But here are a few "coincidences" concerning our match-up next weekend at home against the Cincinnati Bengals that I noticed today while "scouting" our opponent:

Dec 4th, '05 was not a good day for us...

... These are compared to the '05 season ...

Both "2nd" games were in Pittsburgh.

Both years we were coming off of a Monday night game (loss in '05 to Indy).

Both years Cincy was having a good year.

Both years Cincy played Balt before our game.

Both years Cincy beat Baltimore before playing us ('05 Cincy beat Balt 42-29).

.... Lots of "coincidences".... But we DID win the Super Bowl that year..... I just found some of this to be too similar and thought I'd mention it, even though we still have Denver in the meantime.... It's nothing more than "cannon fodder" at this point....

stlrz d
11-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Here's a "not" coincidence. In '05 they didn't lose Chris Henry (likely for the season) the week before they played us.

Seriously, I have no fear of the Bengals. Even without Troy we had them dominated until Arians and LeBeau took the foot off the offensive and defensive gas respectively.

I don't see the Steelers making that same mistake a second time against the Bengals.

grotonsteel
11-08-2009, 07:59 PM
I am worried about Cedric Benson. He is playing like a beast. Last season also he had few good runs against Steelers D.

Steelers Run Defense need to be in top form in that game.

NKySteeler
11-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I am worried about Cedric Benson. He is playing like a beast.

X2.... He's the best pick-up they have ever made IMHO......

Discipline of Steel
11-08-2009, 08:32 PM
The heck with Cedric Benson. As usual, we have the best run D in the league. I guess Im more concerned with their two young LB who have brought a sense of anger to their D. Its the attitude that is different for them this year.

Jooser
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
we handled AP in the 'Burgh, and we'll handle CB in the 'Burgh 8)

stlrz d
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
The heck with all that. I'm concerned about...wait...I'm not concerned at all.

Mark my words...blow out coming next week in favor of the home team @ Heinz Field.

NKySteeler
11-08-2009, 08:45 PM

Mark my words...blow out coming next week in favor of the home team @ Heinz Field.

... I hope you are right, my friend.... I however expect a battle.....

Steelgal
11-08-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm more nervous about playing the Ratbirds twice, than playing the Bengals next week. The Ravens always play us hard, even though they haven't put together a strong game yet this year. I think their playoff chances are tanking, but I'm sure they would LOVE to knock us out of the hunt.....

Wolfhound45
11-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Good stuff NKySteeler. Almost eerie how things are playing themselves out. In regards to Denver, I am concerned about how well we will do on the road with key players on our defense not able to go. I am hoping for a win but am realistic about our chances. Ben is going to have to have a huge game.

In regards to the Bungals, I am impressed in what I am seeing. They are coming together as a team, no doubt about it. Having said that, there is no way that we will lose a game on the road and then lose at home to a division rival. This team is just too good to have that happen.

Looking forward to tomorrow night!

stlrz d
11-08-2009, 09:30 PM

... I hope you are right, my friend.... I however expect a battle.....

I understand how you feel, but I also understand why you feel that way...you live in Bengals country.

Trust me...we're fixin' to blow the doors off of 'em in 2 weeks.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
I am more concerned with the Donkeys than anything and I hope that is the mentality of our team. :bungalssuck

papillon
11-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Does anyone in this thread realize the Steelers have a game to play tomorrow night, on the road and against a team that is 6-1?

Pappy

stlrz d
11-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Does anyone in this thread realize the Steelers have a game to play tomorrow night, on the road and against a team that is 6-1?

Pappy

Yes we realize the Steelers play the Broncos tomorrow...and we also realize that we don't. :D

People are overreacting to the Bengals beating the Ravens today...just trying to set them straight. The beat down is coming in 2 weeks....

papillon
11-08-2009, 10:21 PM

Pappy

Yes we realize the Steelers play the Broncos tomorrow...and we also realize that we don't. :D

People are overreacting to the Bengals beating the Ravens today...just trying to set them straight. The beat down is coming in 2 weeks....

Umm, okay, they're 6-2, that isn't an accident. They're better than you're giving them credit for, of course, that's fine with me, because you aren't coaching or playing. Hopefully, the Steelers don't have the same attitude.

Pappy

stlrz d
11-08-2009, 10:32 PM
The Bengals are who we thought they were.

Beat down a' comin'....

Captain Lemming
11-09-2009, 12:13 AM
And the Bengals have a secretary in their organization named Lincoln, while a two people at the Heinz field concession stand are named Kennedy. Now that is some crazy stuff.

Yea... We still got the Denver game tomorrow... But here are a few "coincidences" concerning our match-up next weekend at home against the Cincinnati Bengals that I noticed today while "scouting" our opponent:

Dec 4th, '05 was not a good day for us...

... These are compared to the '05 season ...

Both "2nd" games were in Pittsburgh.

Both years we were coming off of a Monday night game (loss in '05 to Indy).

Both years Cincy was having a good year.

Both years Cincy played Balt before our game.

Both years Cincy beat Baltimore before playing us ('05 Cincy beat Balt 42-29).

.... Lots of "coincidences".... But we DID win the Super Bowl that year..... I just found some of this to be too similar and thought I'd mention it, even though we still have Denver in the meantime.... It's nothing more than "cannon fodder" at this point....

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2009, 01:09 AM
And the Bengals have a secretary in their organization named Lincoln, while a two people at the Heinz field concession stand are named Kennedy. Now that is some crazy stuff.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Lemming?

http://caimages.collectors.com/psaimages/2493/10614797/1993ToppsLincolnKennedy209.jpg

SteelAbility
11-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Never misunderstimate your opponent. :mrgreen:

SteelAbility
11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Cincy is for real. They have a strong running game and a strong D.

With a 5-2 record, every single one of their opponents are at .500 and above.
Their opponents' collective record is 32-23 (0.582). If you don't count games against Cincy (the "untamperred" sample, their opponents are 30-18 (0.625).
They lost to Denver on a fluke play. So, they could realistically be 6-1 against 0.625 competition. However, I'd say 5-2 is accurate. They lost one they should have won (Den) and won one they should have lost (Pit).

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2009, 01:08 PM

Their opponents' collective record is 32-23 (0.582). If you don't count games against Cincy (the "untamperred" sample, their opponents are 30-18 (0.625).
They lost to Denver on a fluke play. So, they could realistically be 6-1 against 0.625 competition. However, I'd say 5-2 is accurate. They lost one they should have won (Den) and won one they should have lost (Pit).

That was a lot of work to figure out their opponents' collective record, the "untampered" sample, etc.; but then you missed one of their wins somewhere...they are 6-2 now, not 5-2.

NorthCoast
11-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Just not as worried as some about the Bungles. People are yapping about their win over B-more but consider this; Outside of Mason, they have NO other good WRs. They have Heap but he hasn't been Heap for two seasons. We have three All-Pro WR (yes, Wallace is approaching that level) + Miller. That is a lot to defend against. If they keep Ben clean, I think the Steelers walk away with this one.

NKySteeler
11-09-2009, 01:35 PM

Pappy

Yes I do, Pap.... And I don't underestimate the Broncos one bit... I was just pointing out some of the similarities while watching the game and scouting our future opponents, that's all... Nothing more, nothing less... I just found them all a bit interesting and decided to post it before I forgot them.... :lol:

... And yea, maybe being "too close to the enemy" over here in Cincitucky has blinded me a bit.... :lol:

SteelAbility
11-09-2009, 01:49 PM

That was a lot of work to figure out their opponents' collective record, the "untampered" sample, etc.; but then you missed one of their wins somewhere...they are 6-2 now, not 5-2.

:oops:

Thanks. I got the hard part right and the easy part wrong. Uh, I guess that makes them better than I thought. 8)

EDIT: ... and me stupider than I thought. I guess the :tt2 in anticipation of tonight after a 2-week unbearable layoff has gone to my head. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Jom112
11-09-2009, 01:52 PM

Thanks. I got the hard part right and the easy part wrong. Uh, I guess that makes them better than I thought. 8)

We are also undefeated on the road thus far.

It'll be interesting to see if we unleash a 350+ lbs. TE package in this game...

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2009, 02:06 PM

We are also undefeated on the road thus far.

It'll be interesting to see if we unleash a 350+ lbs. TE package in this game...

Just tell him to keep his damn shirt on this time.

http://tonybruno.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/andre-smith.jpg

It's shocking to see the difference in the physique of your first round pick vs. your third round pick in your sig.

SteelAbility
11-09-2009, 04:44 PM
OMG, Ruthless, talk about losing one's dignity, dare I say ... ruthlessly. I guess for millions of $$ I'd put myself through that if I had to (not that I'm 350+ pounds or anything). :P

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2009, 02:51 AM
OMG, Ruthless, talk about losing one's dignity, dare I say ... ruthlessly. I guess for millions of $$ I'd put myself through that if I had to (not that I'm 350+ pounds or anything). :P

I got two words for Andre.

Sports.

Bra.

Dude, seriously.

http://images.zaazu.com/img/vomit-boy02-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000653-large.gif