PDA

View Full Version : Bad Sunday

bostonsteeler
11-08-2009, 05:27 PM
All the teams I wanted losing won. Bengals beat the mayonnaise out of the Ravens. NE beats the Fins by a 71yard Brady->Moss TD (do they have any other plays in their playbook?). And Indy squeaks by Houston.

Not a good Sunday in general.

stlrz d
11-08-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm glad the Bengals won, although I agree with the others.

The Ravens now begin the downward spiral and it will become a 2 team race for the division.

I have no fear of the Bengals.

SteelCrazy
11-08-2009, 06:13 PM

The Ravens now begin the downward spiral and it will become a 2 team race for the division.

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Bengals....including the pros that keep saying they are not for real. I believe they are for real and they already have a one game lead on us (divisional win against us). If we falter at all, the Bengals could take the division crown from us. However, they are the Bungles, and some how they will phluck it up......... :bungalssuck :Beer :tt2 :tt1

Discipline of Steel
11-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Im glad the Ratbirds lost. Id rather just worry about the cats than have both breathing down our neck.

DHSF
11-08-2009, 06:37 PM
I hear ya. Dolphins, Texans, and Ravens all lost today. Looks like the Steelers have to take care of their own business. They win tomorrow and next week, they will be in command of the AFC north.

stlrz d
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM

I think a lot of people are underestimating the Bengals....including the pros that keep saying they are not for real. I believe they are for real and they already have a one game lead on us (divisional win against us). If we falter at all, the Bengals could take the division crown from us. However, they are the Bungles, and some how they will phluck it up......... :bungalssuck :Beer :tt2 :tt1

I don't.

grotonsteel
11-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Im glad the Ratbirds lost. Id rather just worry about the cats than have both breathing down our neck.

I was supporting Ratbirds for a win in this game. Best scenario would have been tie.

Its now a must win game for Steelers against Bungholes.

kindlecatsb'ng
11-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I wanted the Rats to lose to the Bengals. This way it is only one team that the Steelers must contend with AND the next game is at home against the Bengals--at Heinz Field---with the 12th man on the deck--the Steeler Nation! Oh, what a game that will be!!!

Need the win in Denver tomorrow night. This is reminiscent of the way to the 2005 Super Bowl for me--win one game at a time and take all the cats and ponies out to pasture.

GO STEELERS in Mile High and see all of you on the chat tomorrow night.

BATMAN
11-08-2009, 08:57 PM
If it's meant to be then it will be. The Bengals have a ton of talent on that team or at least they should with all those years of high draft picks.
Their runningback is one for the ages in my opinion. Good quarterback, good receivers , good o-line and a defense that is clicking on all cylinders, they are for real.

I guess we better not wish away Reed too much, the Ravens just might sign him this off season.

I only got a few glimpses of the Raven Bengal game but, Ray Ray didn't look like he wanted to make contact at times.

SteelAbility
11-09-2009, 08:22 AM
The Dolphins got jobbed at the end of the 1st half when the timekeeper miraculously found a way to suspend the universe for one second so the Pats could get off a FG. That move ended up changing the play and strategy at the end. On their final drive the Dolphins would have needed a FG to tie. It took away the Wild Cat on that drive.

Oviedo
11-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I hear ya. Dolphins, Texans, and Ravens all lost today. Looks like the Steelers have to take care of their own business. They win tomorrow and next week, they will be in command of the AFC north.

Forget what other teams do. We have to take care of our business and just win. Realistically the Steelers should not lose more than one more game (Split with Ravens). If they don't take care of business then we deal with the consequences. We screwed ourselves by losing two very winnable games against the Bears and Bumgals.

The reality is that if we can avoid more key injuries then we should finish 13-3 or 12-4. If we don't then shame on us.

stlrz d
11-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Forget what other teams do. We have to take care of our business and just win. Realistically the Steelers should not lose more than one more game (Split with Ravens). If they don't take care of business then we deal with the consequences. We screwed ourselves by losing two very winnable games against the Bears and Bumgals.

The reality is that if we can avoid more key injuries then we should finish 13-3 or 12-4. If we don't then shame on us.

I was thinking the same thing. Our schedule has a whole win column full of W's for us...we just have to go out and get them.

Truth be told, I'm not even worried about that prime time game in Baltimore.

Jooser
11-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I absolutely love a Ravens loss. It's such a hoot to go over there read their bandwagon fans' thoughts. ...and to think, they call all Steelers' fans bandwagoners. LMAO! :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
I absolutely love a Ravens loss. It's such a hoot to go over there read their bandwagon fans' thoughts. ...and to think, they call all Steelers' fans bandwagoners. LMAO! :lol:

You have been here after a Steeler loss, right? We have our fair share of these folks:

http://westcoastsuccess.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/chicken_little.jpg

Oviedo
11-09-2009, 11:35 AM

You have been here after a Steeler loss, right? We have our fair share of these folks:

http://westcoastsuccess.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/chicken_little.jpg

Not sure we have bandwagon fans as much as we have haters who claim to be fans, but who can't stand the fact that we are successful unless we do exactly what they would do (because they are soooo smart).

They have been silent in recent weeks but just wait for the next loss and they will come crawling out from underneath their rocks. The criticisms will follow their standards templates:

"Criticize Tomlin for being outcoached and not up to the job"
"Criticize Arians for being an idiot"
"Criticize the OL for being crap"

phillyesq
11-09-2009, 12:11 PM

When I first read this, I thought it was a totally unrealistic expectation. And then I looked at the rest of the schedule. I can see a split with the Ravens, and I wouldn't take the game tonight lightly. The Broncos have a big home field advantage with the altitude. This is winnable, but not a gimme.

The Bengals and Packers should also be tough but winnable games. I was impressed with what I saw of the bungals yesterday. Their D looked solid, and they have nice balance on offense. The Packers lost to the Bucs, but that passing offense does scare me a bit.

Oviedo
11-09-2009, 12:15 PM

When I first read this, I thought it was a totally unrealistic expectation. And then I looked at the rest of the schedule. I can see a split with the Ravens, and I wouldn't take the game tonight lightly. The Broncos have a big home field advantage with the altitude. This is winnable, but not a gimme.

The Bengals and Packers should also be tough but winnable games. I was impressed with what I saw of the bungals yesterday. Their D looked solid, and they have nice balance on offense. The Packers lost to the Bucs, but that passing offense does scare me a bit.

You doubt me? :shock:

And I thought you had to be smart to be an esquire.