PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard on Stan & Guy

steelerkeylargo
11-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Kirschke out for the next 2 or 3 games.

Mel Blount's G
11-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Zig time or what? Or Eason? Surely R Harris isn't ahead of Zhood on the depth chart?

Mel Blount's G
11-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Nevermind. Just saw/read the article fordfixer posted where it says Zhood will split the time with Eason.

Still, wonder if R Harris will dress? Has he been dressing?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-04-2009, 05:00 PM
Nevermind. Just saw/read the article fordfixer posted where it says Zhood will split the time with Eason.

Still, wonder if R Harris will dress? Has he been dressing?

If Kirschke is inactive...Harris has to dress. It looks like it is go time for the youngsters. Here's hoping this is that one time there is a silver lining. Hood & Harris seeing the field now might pay some dividends come post season. You really learn more under fire in the trenches. Rather it happen now then playoff time.

RuthlessBurgher
11-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I'd imagine that Eason starts in the vacated Smith/Kirschke spot, and he rotates there with Ziggy (maybe 60-40 in favor of Eason). Sonny would dress and I guess he'd rotate on Keisel's side (maybe 75-25 in favor of Keisel). Something like that.

pfelix73
11-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Any word on bringing in Roye for a few weeks?

BATMAN
11-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Did they bring back the Stan & Guy show ? What type of injury does Kirschke have ?

sd steel
11-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Did they bring back the Stan & Guy show ? What type of injury does Kirschke have ?

Old age??

No I think its his back.

sd steel
11-04-2009, 11:49 PM

Old age??

No I think its his back.

Sorry, he hurt his calf against the Vikes I guess.

RuthlessBurgher
11-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Did they bring back the Stan & Guy show?

On radio, not T.V. (they have a 3 hour sports talk show on ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh)

http://assets.espn.go.com/espnradiostations/i/pittsburgh/airstaff/airstaff_savranjunker200.gif

steelerkeylargo
11-05-2009, 09:45 AM

On radio, not T.V. (they have a 3 hour sports talk show on ESPN 1250 in Pittsburgh)

http://assets.espn.go.com/espnradiostations/i/pittsburgh/airstaff/airstaff_savranjunker200.gif

Yup you can hear it on the internet via espn.com

steelblood
11-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Given that picture, radio is the correct medium.

fezziwig
11-05-2009, 09:50 AM
I'll never forget when Guy snapped out on a caller because the caller asked him about hookers. It was so funny and guy shot back about the dudes mother. Then and there, I knew if the original incident didn't get him axed, this sure would do it.
Another time too, a caller called in and made a couple of hooker comments to guy but, Stan and Guy couldn't understand the caller or acted like they couldn't understand him.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd imagine that Eason starts in the vacated Smith/Kirschke spot, and he rotates there with Ziggy (maybe 60-40 in favor of Eason). Sonny would dress and I guess he'd rotate on Keisel's side (maybe 75-25 in favor of Keisel). Something like that.

Sounds about right for this game. Harris will see the field on Keisel's side. I'm pretty excited to see what the young guys have.

I don't expect Eason to hold off Hood for long. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hood take more snaps in the second half than Eason. Hood justs needs to get comfortable and in the flow. As he said in an interview, it is a process of learning the responsibilties of a 3-4 DE verus DT in college. He is a system player who has a role to support the play of the LB corp. In college, he was a finisher at DT. Now he has to be a laborer first. He is doing more thinking right now on 1st & 2nd down than playing. Reps will change that. If Kirschke is out for 3 games, I give Hood 2 games before he gets the start. I also don't know if Kirschke ever gets back in the starting rotation when he returns. Every time #96 is on the field, I watch him. He really is a couple of games with some meaningful playing time away from breaking out and playing on the run. His motor is impressive.

Harris is still an unknown. If Harris has another year of starting at Oregon, he might have been a late first day early second day pick. He really didn't start until 2008 and still is an unfinished product. He has the frame and physical abilities to be a 3-4 DE. With some added weight & strength he could move inside. He plays upright at times so outside might be better for him. That means he needs to work on his quickness and maintain a good playing weight. Endurance & his motor are questions late in the game but that could be worked on. I liked what I saw in the preseason out of Harris and was disappointed when Carolina signed him. Good to be back in the Steel City because I think there is a chapter still to be written on Harris. It would be nice to see him get some plays on Monday.

The Steelers traditionally don't have to bring guys along faster than they want. The FO does a nice job with keeping a mix of depth between vets & young players. However, the youth movement must be a fingerprint of Tomlin. Now, injury has also forced his hand. Since Tomlin's arrival, there has been no fear to hold on to a youngster and rely on him to step up if needed. We have had success lately with rookies and 2nd year guys playing major roles on this team. Seems like it started with Ben his rookie year and the eyebrows came up. The ball started rolling then but it seems to have gained momentum since Cowher left. It seems more and more like the Steelers "Expect" production early regardless of where you are picked. Only your name is on the tape of your helmet...Not the round you were selected. They are all coached the same during practice. They watch film & the chalkboard in the same classroom. When a guy goes down...The same is expected from the next guy who steps in....Regardless of years in the league. I like the new Steelers. Evolution...Might be the thing that keeps us on top!

Nobody wanted to see Smith go down. He was the man in the machine. But I feel real good about having Hood & Harris in the mix here mid season. They are going to have to become men "sooner than later" but in this game that sometimes makes the player.

RuthlessBurgher
11-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Hopefully the youngsters Hood and Harris can hold their own. I don't want to see the coaches losing confidence in either of them, thereby forcing Chris Hoke to have to fill in as a rotational DE in addition to his usual role of giving Hampton the occassional breather.