PDA

View Full Version : SIDSMYTHE's NFL Changes for the Future (Bye Week Special)

SidSmythe
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Since it's the BYE WEEK I've had a lot of things on my mind about making the NFL better.

SCHEDULE
17 Game Season

WEEK 1 - 4: INTER-CONFERENCE GAMES
- Lets face it, September can be pretty sloppy. Why not get all NFC/AFC games out of the way up front. Nothing worse than going into week 17 or so and having a less meaningful matchup that have only an impact on overall schedules.

WEEKS 5-16: INTRACONFERENCE GAMES
- Now let all the meaningful games begin. October is when the NFL really starts getting good.

WEEK 17: FLEX WEEK (an pre playoff week)
- baseball has it. They will settle a tie breaker w/ an extra game. After week 16 is finished, the NFL will pair up teams to settle tie-breakers. Even having a MONDAY NIGHT game for the 2 worst teams, Winner gets the #1 pick.

PLAYOFFS
- Winning the division is great and all, but lets change the rules somewhat. Having the WEEK 17 Flex week could help w/ this also. Nothing worse than having an 8-8 team make the playoffs, let alone, host a game. Lets say Minnesota finishes 14-2, Green Bay finishes 12-4 and Chicago finishes 11-5, but Chicago sits at home b/c Arizona wins the division and hosts a playoff game at 8-8 (or 7-9). I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to suffer thru that Wild Card game. I know Arizona pulled it off last year, but they hit cruise control after locking up the division at Week 15. Suggestions to changes here would be interesting??