PDA

View Full Version : Asking for a flag?????

RockyMountainSteeler
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
I watch a lot of Bronco games since I live in the area and my wife is a fan. I have noticed that whenever a Bronco receiver drops the ball they always get up and act like they are throwing a flag. Almost without fail every time!

Sometimes they get the call sometimes not. I know every teams receivers do it from time to time but it is really starting to get on my nerves with the Broncos. I guarantee you that it is something that they are coached to do.

Has anyone else noticed this? It depends on how the game is being called but I would rather they let them play and that our receivers are physical when going to get the ball, I know that is never a problem with Ward.

grotonsteel
11-02-2009, 11:29 AM
I think it is a Cheatroit's culture which McDaniel has brought in Denver.

Just check how Tommy boy cries for a flag if anyone comes close to him.

MeetJoeGreene
11-02-2009, 11:45 AM
maybe Cedrick Wilson has been brought on board as special offensive consultant.

steelblood
11-02-2009, 11:52 AM
maybe Cedrick Wilson has been brought on board as special offensive consultant.

:lol:

Djfan
11-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I predict they will ask for a lot of flags on Monday night!

RockyMountainSteeler
11-02-2009, 01:50 PM

That is what I am afraid of. Our secondary likes to come around the side of receivers to knock balls down and I think they may get a couple of calls against them that they normally do not get.

Jom112
11-02-2009, 01:57 PM

That is what I am afraid of. Our secondary likes to come around the side of receivers to knock balls down and I think they may get a couple of calls against them that they normally do not get.

I'm surprised how your secondary isn't called for more PI's. But at the same time, it does even out with all the non-calls on Harrison and the rest of the D-Line being held...

proudpittsburgher
11-02-2009, 03:20 PM
There are two things I want to get rid of in the NFL, one is the reciever dropping a ball and motioning for a flag. The other is when there is a fumble, and 20 people pile on, there are always other players who are no where near the bottom of the pile, can't see it any more than you or I can from our couch, yet start motioning that their team recovered it.
Here's my proposal . . . if you motion that your team recovered it, and you are wrong, you should be penalized for being a dumbarse. :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2009, 03:26 PM
There are two things I want to get rid of in the NFL, one is the reciever dropping a ball and motioning for a flag. The other is when there is a fumble, and 20 people pile on, there are always other players who are no where near the bottom of the pile, can't see it any more than you or I can from our couch, yet start motioning that their team recovered it.
Here's my proposal . . . if you motion that your team recovered it, and you are wrong, you should be penalized for being a dumbarse. :tt1

Speaking of premature celebrations, the all-time best has to go to Jeremy Shockey (even though it is in response to a field goal that he thought was made...but wasn't...instead of a fumble a guy thought his team recovered...but didn't)

http://thebestsportsblog.com/images/shockeyshocked.gif

SteelAbility
11-02-2009, 04:03 PM
You know in soccer, putting up your hand as if to indicate giving a card (after being fouled) is a card-able offense. Players get an automatic yellow when doing that. If it's their 2nd of the game, they get a red and are tossed.

I like the idea of punishing players for motioning incorrectly. 15 yards would be a decent start.

ikestops85
11-02-2009, 04:22 PM

I'm surprised how your secondary isn't called for more PI's. But at the same time, it does even out with all the non-calls on Harrison and the rest of the D-Line being held...

I disagree ... our DBs have been lucky to be in the same zip code as the receivers the last couple of games. Ike has been toast :cry: . Luckily the pass rush has picked up and is starting to wreak havoc because if they don't pressure the QB some of the better ones in the league are going to pick us apart.

Discipline of Steel
11-03-2009, 08:05 AM
I think it is a Cheatroit's culture which McDaniel has brought in Denver.

Just check how Tommy boy cries for a flag if anyone comes close to him.

True, Marsha has by far the most famous incident for influencing a ref to throw a flag when none is deserved. That was sickening to watch and I almost felt bad for the Ravens for a brief millisecond. Cant wait for her to be out-dueled by Drew Brees and lose her perch as prom queen.