PDA

View Full Version : OT - Iowa's Sash gets a pick 6?

Djfan
10-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Anyone see that? It will be on youtube before too long for sure. Strangest play I have ever seen. Completely legal, but amazing. If you didn't see it watch ESPN tonight. It will be played over and over for sure.

It might just prevent the upset at home. Iowa is getting owned.

steelblood
10-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Iowa is not a top 5 team, imho. However, they played an amazing 4th quarter today. They have two talented tackles and if they can survive the Buckeyes, they could play for a national championship.

steelernation77
10-31-2009, 04:41 PM
Iowa is not a top 5 team, imho. However, they played an amazing 4th quarter today. They have two talented tackles and if they can survive the Buckeyes, they could play for a national championship.

BS. Iowa has beaten Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State on the road, beat a 5-2 Arizona and a 5-3 Iowa State team easily and has one of the best defenses in the country. The computers have Iowa as #1 in the BCS because the team has faced tough competition all season. Who has Texas beaten? A 4-3 Oklahoma team. Iowa deserves to ATLEAST be in the top 5.

Wolfhound45
10-31-2009, 05:58 PM
Anyone see that? It will be on youtube before too long for sure. Strangest play I have ever seen. Completely legal, but amazing. If you didn't see it watch ESPN tonight. It will be played over and over for sure.

It might just prevent the upset at home. Iowa is getting owned.

Happened to see it live as well. Must admit, it was pretty amazing. When it originally happened the cameras missed it. Had to see it when the replay was shown.

grotonsteel
10-31-2009, 08:45 PM
That was a ping pong ball.... ball was deflected i think by 4-5 players before Sash took it to house.

I cannot believe Iowa is winning despite their QB Stanzi. I think any high school QB will be better than him. He had some 4 INT in 3rd Q itself. Out of 8 passes...4 INT in 3rd Q...pathetic.

Oh and the Ref were horrible on that TD call....i could not believe they over turn that TD call.

Djfan
11-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Agreed Groton. One thing for sure, that game had all the drama and excitement of a classic college game.

Throwing 4 pics in the 3rd, then looking like Johnny Unitas in the fourth was wild.

grotonsteel
11-02-2009, 11:35 AM
It was one wild game but it was entertaining. With a better QB play Iowa could be better than Gators.

This week will be another interesting game between Penn State vs Buckeyes.

steelblood
11-02-2009, 01:34 PM

BS. Iowa has beaten Penn State, Wisconsin and Michigan State on the road, beat a 5-2 Arizona and a 5-3 Iowa State team easily and has one of the best defenses in the country. The computers have Iowa as #1 in the BCS because the team has faced tough competition all season. Who has Texas beaten? A 4-3 Oklahoma team. Iowa deserves to ATLEAST be in the top 5.

As I said, that is my humble opinion. I am not a computer. But, Penn State played terribly, and most of their other wins they eked out in the end. A team like Texas is a much more talented team that could actually challenge Florida. I'm not saying they don't deserve the ranking. I'm saying I don't think they are that good. Just an opinion.

JTP53609
11-02-2009, 01:50 PM
i saw it too, and when it happened i thought what just happened, and the announcers did not know what to say either haha

steelernation77
11-02-2009, 01:59 PM

As I said, that is my humble opinion. I am not a computer. But, Penn State played terribly, and most of their other wins they eked out in the end. A team like Texas is a much more talented team that could actually challenge Florida. I'm not saying they don't deserve the ranking. I'm saying I don't think they are that good. Just an opinion.

And I'm saying that the only reason you think Texas is more talented is because they are "Texas" and Iowa is "Iowa."

Also, what is this deal with "actually challenge Florida," Florida has been challenged by several opponents already this year. They are hardly the dominant team they are made out to be by so many pundits.

Djfan
11-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Any one find the youtube for it?

steelblood
11-02-2009, 03:05 PM

And I'm saying that the only reason you think Texas is more talented is because they are "Texas" and Iowa is "Iowa."

Also, what is this deal with "actually challenge Florida," Florida has been challenged by several opponents already this year. They are hardly the dominant team they are made out to be by so many pundits.

No, the only reason I'm saying that isn't because they are Iowa. Don't make assumptions about me. I watch a lot of Big Ten football and while Iowa impresses me with their resolve and coaching. I don't buy into them talent-wise at this point. It is as simple as that. We'll see how it plays out, but I think they'll be a big loser in their bowl game (unless of course they get USC-who are completely mismanaged).