PDA

View Full Version : A Little Bye Week Boredom Cure.......

steelerkeylargo
10-30-2009, 10:54 PM
How about a midseason mock draft just for amusement.

Rd. #1-Arthur Jones-DT-Syracuse-I think the Steelers franchise Hampton and tell Jones to bulk up and get read for 2011. Jones is a solid allaround DT with the perfect frame to add weight for the 3-4 NT

Rd. #2-Adam Ulatoski-OT-Texas-Steelers are dangerously thin at OT, Ulatoski is big and extremely Smart and Coachable, excellent in Pass Pro

Rd. #3-Chris Brown-RB-Oklahoma-FWP goes Bye Bye, Brown is a tough between the tackles runner who can complement Mendenhall year one.

Rd. #4-Myron Rolle-S-Florida St.-Smartest Safety in college and a guy Tomlin would surely love

Rd. #5-Mike McLaughlin-ILB-Boston College-with Key Fox proving to be a viable replacement for when Farrior is done the steelers can afford to wait a year before spending a high draft pick here...McLaughlin is a gritty player and a Pittsburgh type LB

Rd. #6-Brody Eldridge-TE-Oklahoma-see ya Matt Spaeth, Eldridge is the best blocking TE in College, he has also played FB, Guard and Center, as Tomlin would say he wears many hats

Rd. #7-Aaron Petrey-K-Ohio St.-no comment needed...I like Skippy but the Rooneys probably wont like him enough

birtikidis
10-30-2009, 11:51 PM
1.32 Brandon Spikes ILB Florida. when farrior retires the steelers move timmons over and let spikes take over at timmons spot.
2.32 George Selvie LB USF- groomed to replace Jimmy Hate. Big East defensive player of the year.
3.32 Myron Rolle - S FSU a little Early but Tomlin doesn't want him to slip away.
4.32 Vince Oghobaase DT Duke not a prototypical NT in a 3-4 will probably move outside to DE
5.32 Joe Thomas OT Pitt - good size project player

stlrz d
10-31-2009, 07:06 AM
Mods, can one of you put "mock draft" in the thread title, or keylargo...could you add it in?

That way I won't keep opening it. :D :D :D

/hates mock drafts

RuthlessBurgher
10-31-2009, 01:33 PM
It's a bit early, but I'll play nonetheless...

1. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama, 6-5, 365
2. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame, 6-7, 318
3. Nate Allen, FS, South Florida, 6-2, 206
4. Dexter Davis, OLB, Arizona State, 6-2, 252
5. Boris Lee, ILB, Troy, 6-0, 232
6. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC, 6-0, 213
7. Terrell Hudgins, WR, Elon, 6-3, 235

steelerkeylargo
10-31-2009, 03:37 PM

I like Cody alot....just dont think he will be there at pick 32. Young in the second would be good too although I like Ulatoski a touch better.

ANPSTEEL
11-01-2009, 12:38 PM

I like Cody alot....just dont think he will be there at pick 32. Young in the second would be good too although I like Ulatoski a touch better.

who wouldn't love cody?? I seriously doubt he lasts past #15.

RuthlessBurgher
11-01-2009, 01:57 PM

Even though he looks like a unique talent to me, I keep hearing that he could last into the second round (concerns about the massive amount of weight he carries being a potential health issue). Remember, Shaun Rogers fell into the second round partially due to such issues (and we took his college teammate Casey Hampton after trading down in the first that year). An offensive lineman with similar massive size issues, LSU's Herman Johnson, fell all the way into the 5th round in this past draft. It is so early in the process, though. At this point last year, many of us were projecting Tyson Jackson to be legit possibility in the late first, and he went in the top 3. So you just never know.

steelerkeylargo
11-02-2009, 12:51 AM

Even though he looks like a unique talent to me, I keep hearing that he could last into the second round (concerns about the massive amount of weight he carries being a potential health issue). Remember, Shaun Rogers fell into the second round partially due to such issues (and we took his college teammate Casey Hampton after trading down in the first that year). An offensive lineman with similar massive size issues, LSU's Herman Johnson, fell all the way into the 5th round in this past draft. It is so early in the process, though. At this point last year, many of us were projecting Tyson Jackson to be legit possibility in the late first, and he went in the top 3. So you just never know.

I agree with yo u just never know......but keep in mind we will be drafting 1/32

RuthlessBurgher
11-02-2009, 10:00 AM

I agree with yo u just never know......but keep in mind we will be drafting 1/32

:Agree :Clap :Bow :tt2 :Steel :tt1 :mrgreen:

grotonsteel
11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
1.32 Brandon Spikes ILB Florida. when farrior retires the steelers move timmons over and let spikes take over at timmons spot.

I don't think Steelers will draft Brandon Spikes after what he did to Georgia RB.

He should be banned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NpzgcBqFM