PDA

View Full Version : OT: PoopStains fans to protest their team's losing? Wha...?

Mel Blount's G
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4605603
They want a "better product on the field"! Bwahahahahahaha! Then they'll have to fire everyone, players and staff, blow up the stadium, change the name, move the team, etc, etc.. Even then how do you eliminate that smell? The Browns and losing go hand and hand! LOL!! Why would these fans protest the inevitable? That's akin to the earth's population protesting the rising of the sun in the morning! Love it or leave it losers!!

Browns fans to walk in late for game

BEREA, Ohio -- Tired of seeing their beloved Browns lose, some Cleveland fans are fighting back.

Hoping to make a statement to protest the NFL team's abysmal record -- this season and since the team returned in 1999 -- some Browns backers are encouraging fans to walk in late to the Nov. 16 home game against Baltimore.

Two longtime season-ticket holders came up with the idea after last Sunday's 31-3 loss to Green Bay.

They are hoping the temporarily empty seats for a nationally televised Monday night game will send a message to owner Randy Lerner that they want a better product on the field.

The Browns are 1-6 this season and 55-113 since 1999.

flippy
10-29-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope they accomplish it.

And I hope Pittsburgh boycotts the Pirates.

But this stuff never really happens.

birtikidis
10-29-2009, 04:30 PM
god i wish i were up there I'd organize as many people as i could to go on time, just to spite those people. I can't stand either team, but it'd be pretty fun to sit there in my steeler gear laughing at both teams.

Sugar
10-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Fire burns, water flows, wind blows, seasons change and :brownssuck

flippy
10-29-2009, 04:38 PM
god i wish i were up there I'd organize as many people as i could to go on time, just to spite those people. I can't stand either team, but it'd be pretty fun to sit there in my steeler gear laughing at both teams.

It would actually be funny if everyone showed up in steelers jerseys with terrible towels waving.

Uncle Rico
10-29-2009, 04:47 PM
As far as Cleveland wanting a winning franchise goes it's simply another case of wish in one hand and sh!t in the other.

stlrz d
10-29-2009, 06:50 PM
The best protest would be to stop buying tickets.

SteelCrazy
10-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Owner Randy Lerner's e-mail response to Browns fans' plan to protest Nov. 16

Browns owner Randy Lerner's comments (via e-mail) on the planned protest before the Nov. 16 home game against the Baltimore Ravens:

''On the grounds of frustration and irritation with performance, then that's the medicine I [we] are going to take, and I accept that. The goal this year was to rebuild the culture at the Browns. We felt at the end of last year that we lacked any overall philosophy, approach or direction regarding recruiting, drafting, coaching, preparation or training. As a result, each season was feeling like starting over and 4-12 following 10-6 felt painfully not all that surprising.

''It's been way too long since the Browns have had anything to feel good about or invest in, and it's clear that the doubt and negativity are taking on a life of their own.

''What I can say is that we, and I, have remained open to new and fresh ideas and thinking and people with passion for the Browns and football experience getting involved and with hope and luck and support, making a difference. We won't become entrenched or stubborn and despite my allergy to be more conspicuous, I do remain eager to seek help and guidance from any and all corners.''

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/67176022.html

RuthlessBurgher
10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
My allergy to be more conspicuous??? :wft :brownssuck

Northern_Blitz
10-30-2009, 08:01 AM
I think it's a good idea, and I wish that Leaf fans around here would do something similar. I think seeing a bunch of empty seats would make ownership think that profitability is linked to production.

JTP53609
10-30-2009, 08:30 AM
while i cant stand the browns i do feel bad a litte bit for the city, their football team is so bad that they have no hope for now, or the future, at least pirate fans go into april thinking, this could be the year that we are okay....it never happens but there is hope, in cleveland they just get friggin lebron james shoved down their throat...vomet

ghettoscott
10-30-2009, 09:05 AM

:shock:

Mel Blount's G
10-30-2009, 10:01 AM
in cleveland they just get friggin lebron james shoved down their throat...vomet
Shaq is there to makes things all better now :P

Oviedo
10-30-2009, 10:11 AM
They want a "better product on the field"! Bwahahahahahaha! Then they'll have to fire everyone, players and staff, blow up the stadium, change the name, move the team, etc, etc.. Even then how do you eliminate that smell? The Browns and losing go hand and hand! LOL!! Why would these fans protest the inevitable? That's akin to the earth's population protesting the rising of the sun in the morning! Love it or leave it losers!!

BEREA, Ohio -- Tired of seeing their beloved Browns lose, some Cleveland fans are fighting back.

Hoping to make a statement to protest the NFL team's abysmal record -- this season and since the team returned in 1999 -- some Browns backers are encouraging fans to walk in late to the Nov. 16 home game against Baltimore.

Two longtime season-ticket holders came up with the idea after last Sunday's 31-3 loss to Green Bay.

They are hoping the temporarily empty seats for a nationally televised Monday night game will send a message to owner Randy Lerner that they want a better product on the field.

They already improved the product. They're called the Ravens and they are in Baltimore. :brownssuck :brownssuck :brownssuck

Oviedo
10-30-2009, 10:13 AM

No, the best protest would be selling all their tickets to Steelers fans when we play there. Put 30,000 Steelers fans in the stadium and that would be a huge embarrassment to the management.

Mel Blount's G
10-30-2009, 11:48 AM

They already improved the product. They're called the Ravens and they are in Baltimore. :brownssuck :brownssuck :brownssuck
That's riiiiiiiight. I overlooked that. However, I was on the money in that THE SMELL REMAINS as do those occasional SKID MARKS

stlrz d
10-30-2009, 08:50 PM

No, the best protest would be selling all their tickets to Steelers fans when we play there. Put 30,000 Steelers fans in the stadium and that would be a huge embarrassment to the management.

Good point...but technically, if they don't buy them then Steelers fans can! :D

buckeyehoppy
10-31-2009, 03:54 PM
[quote="stlrz d":1mrufjf2]The best protest would be to stop buying tickets.

Good point...but technically, if they don't buy them then Steelers fans can! :D[/quote:1mrufjf2]

The economy in Cleveland will see to it that the Clowns will have at least one game blacked out locally. Then, you'll get to hear and see Clowns fan having a Grade A $hit fit because they won't be able to watch the game locally.

If I remember correctly (and the rules might have changed since the Clowns reappeared in the NFL), locally broadcast blackouts of games can't even broadcast in public places (bars, taverns, etc.) on satellite. Clowns fan will remember what it was like when they played in old Cleveland Stadium and there would routinely be 2 or 3 games every year that got blacked out because the team sucked @$$ and the Clowns couldn't sell 80,000+ tix for their crappy product.

I think the Thursday nighter in Cleveland will be an abortion for the Clowns. There are going to be Steelers fans all over the place. I'm planning on attending, but will be patient in getting a hold on ducats until the moments before the game...assuming I can't get a good deal on ducats before from some Clowns fan pi$$ed of enough to sell me theirs at a discount. I'm planning on setting up a tailgate for the game anyway. So, for those thinking of coming in, let me know and we can have a little fun prior to the game.

Oviedo
11-01-2009, 10:18 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3uc50rbz]The best protest would be to stop buying tickets.

Good point...but technically, if they don't buy them then Steelers fans can! :D[/quote:3uc50rbz]

I was thinking more along the lines of an organized effort by fans to seek out and sell tickets to Steelers fans. Heck someone could probably make a few bucks off of setting up a website to do ticket sales and exchanges for all their upcoming opponents.

Djfan
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
[quote="stlrz d":i66kptok]The best protest would be to stop buying tickets.

Good point...but technically, if they don't buy them then Steelers fans can! :D

I was thinking more along the lines of an organized effort by fans to seek out and sell tickets to Steelers fans. Heck someone could probably make a few bucks off of setting up a website to do ticket sales and exchanges for all their upcoming opponents.[/quote:i66kptok]

Can Stains fans figure out how to use the internet?