PDA

View Full Version : I can feel it coming....

steelerkeylargo
10-29-2009, 09:29 AM
that empty feeling...of being lost ....not knowing what to do or where to go!!!!
BYE WEEK!!!!!

RussBII
10-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm kind of excited. I might get to clean up the apartment...

RKSteel
10-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Not only is it the bye week, but then the Steelers don't play until Monday Night. So we have to wait an extra day for a Steelers game. :x

phillyesq
10-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Not only is it the bye week, but then the Steelers don't play until Monday Night. So we have to wait an extra day for a Steelers game. :x

I hate the Monday night following the bye week. I'd be much happier if the order was reversed, and the bye week followed a Monday night game.

Luckily, I'm also a Phillies fan, so I think that I'll be able to find a way to distract myself this weekend. :D

RKSteel
10-29-2009, 12:22 PM

I hate the Monday night following the bye week. I'd be much happier if the order was reversed, and the bye week followed a Monday night game.

Luckily, I'm also a Phillies fan, so I think that I'll be able to find a way to distract myself this weekend. :D
I'm a Mets fan, so I hate both the Yankees and Phillies. This WS is like a Ravens or Patriots v. Cowboys SB. Who do you root for?
Although I would not mind seeing the Phillies win, cause the Yankee fans here in NY are unbearable.

ikestops85
10-29-2009, 12:27 PM
I'm flying out to Denver for the Monday night game (my ex-son bought me a ticket) so I'm doubly excited about the next game but this week's layoff is making the wait unbearable. I can't stand to watch baseball anymore so I guess I'll have to be content watching the broncos and ravens bash each other over the head.

Of course now that Denver is expecting over 2 feet of snow I'm starting to wonder WTF was I thinking when I agreed to go to the game.

stlrz d
10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm flying out to Denver for the Monday night game (my ex-son bought me a ticket) so I'm doubly excited about the next game but this week's layoff is making the wait unbearable. I can't stand to watch baseball anymore so I guess I'll have to be content watching the broncos and ravens bash each other over the head.

Of course now that Denver is expecting over 2 feet of snow I'm starting to wonder WTF was I thinking when I agreed to go to the game.

You were thinking you were going to a 5 star match up because we're in it!

Whoooooooo...yes sir! :tt2

phillyesq
10-29-2009, 01:46 PM

I'm a Mets fan, so I hate both the Yankees and Phillies. This WS is like a Ravens or Patriots v. Cowboys SB. Who do you root for?
Although I would not mind seeing the Phillies win, cause the Yankee fans here in NY are unbearable.

I know how you feel. I went through the same thing when the eagles played the *s in the SB a few years ago. I can't stand either team.

SteelBucks
10-29-2009, 02:32 PM

I live in the area and I enjoy seeing Philly fans upset and blaming William Penn for all their failures!

GO YANKEES!!!

Iron Shiek
10-29-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm a Tribe fan... :cry:

Yesterday was doubly hard to watch. Not only do I not like either team, but they were starting my old pitchers in Game 1 of the World Freaking Series! :cry:

We stink. My how quickly the wheels can fall off an organization when the Front Office doesn't stay on its game. Terrible.

JTP53609
10-29-2009, 02:36 PM
i might be a good coach this weekend and not worry about making it back for a steeler game....

SteelBucks
10-29-2009, 02:50 PM

Yesterday was doubly hard to watch. Not only do I not like either team, but they were starting my old pitchers in Game 1 of the World Freaking Series! :cry:

We stink. My how quickly the wheels can fall off an organization when the Front Office doesn't stay on its game. Terrible.

Tell me about it. I'm a Pirates fan and our FO has been off their game for the past 17 years with no end in sight.

JTP53609
10-29-2009, 02:56 PM

Tell me about it. I'm a Pirates fan and our FO has been off their game for the past 17 years with no end in sight.

last saturday they had game 7 pirates at braves 1992 nlcs....i was only 8 when it happened, but it hurt so bad then and for some reason i watched the whole thing again and it hurt even worse now..sid fricking bream all the way from second on a candy arm barry bonds throw...

LordVile
10-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I CAN FEEL IT CUMING!!! that's what my lady said last night....

me and my buddy have been smoking more weed and i've been drinking more bacardi 151 then usual to disctract us, but I'll be watching OLD MAN FAVRE and BRONCS/RAVENS as well.

I hope BRONCS/RAVENS brutalize one another.

SteelAbility
10-29-2009, 04:23 PM

And not only that, but playing Monday night is a slight disadvantage. I used to love Monday night when I lived in the mid-west and the Chiefs always had priority over the Steelers on Sunday, cause then I got to see my Steelers. But not any more.

I love the good-old-fashioned Sunday at 1 game. Plus, then, depending on the outcome it could change who I would root for in subsequent games, especially late in the season. Meaning that the subsequent games were more enjoyable to follow/watch.

Mel Blount's G
10-29-2009, 04:46 PM
My time on this site will increase in an attempt to keep those negative side effects of NO STEELER GAME to a minimum. Twitching and drooling I'll be by next weekend. I'll probably be making perverted posts about kordell and kent graham by then :|

steelerkeylargo
10-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Thread has been officially highjacked by baseaball talk. Good Grief!! :HeadBanger

pfelix73
10-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Sorry, I thought this thread was a discussion on Phil Collins........ :lol:

.... in the air tonight.............

:tt1

Djfan
11-01-2009, 01:00 PM

I'm thinking you need to join us in the SCM tailgate in Lot M in Denver.