PDA

View Full Version : Silverback is AFC defensive player of the month

stlrz d
10-28-2009, 09:34 PM
per Song Whale text I just received.

http://blogs.bet.com/news/playahater/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/nfl_u_harrison_412.jpg

:tt2 :tt2 :tt2

SteelCrazy
10-28-2009, 09:38 PM
I have Songwhale text's and didn't receive it...dang it!

stlrz d
10-28-2009, 09:40 PM

How far are you from Pittsburgh? :lol:

Djfan
10-28-2009, 09:46 PM

It's alright Crazy. I got it twice.

SteelCrazy
10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
:ratsuck

About 5 hours.....but I grew up just two hours away in Ohio. That should count...

SteelCrazy
10-28-2009, 09:53 PM

It's alright Crazy. I got it twice.

Kick a man when he is down....

stlrz d
10-28-2009, 09:56 PM

About 5 hours.....but I grew up just two hours away in Ohio. That should count...

See, they start with those furthest from the Burgh.

I'm 12 hours away...and DJ's even further so they sent it to him twice...just in case!

:lol:

Djfan
10-28-2009, 10:00 PM
[quote=SteelCrazy]I have Songwhale text's and didn't receive it...dang it!

I'm 12 hours away...and DJ's even further so they sent it to him twice...just in case!

:lol:[/quote:15wp5m3y]

I thought it was because I read twice as slowly as the rest of you.

SteelCrazy
10-28-2009, 10:00 PM

:lol:[/quote:b4yn4zej]

I still haven't gotten it... Last one I received was the inactives on game day.

stlrz d
10-28-2009, 10:02 PM

:lol:

I still haven't gotten it... Last one I received was the inactives on game day.[/quote:1dbrm7vw]

You gotta move further away from the Burgh! :lol:

SteelCrazy
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm asking for a transfer to Alaska in the morning!

Djfan
10-28-2009, 10:11 PM

Don't tell StlrzD if you wear jeans there!

stlrz d
10-28-2009, 10:30 PM

Just don't do it!

Discipline of Steel
10-29-2009, 07:16 AM
So much for those who have said James Harrison has disappeared this year. When you look at the stat columns all the way across, no one is in the leaders in so many categories. True, he is in the 30s in tackles but there are 32 teams and other players with high tackles have no where near the number of splash plays. Lets not forget he is on pace to break the NFL record for forced fumbles...dude hits hard. Do I dare say he is at least in the running for DPOY award again?

Jooser
10-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Per Steelers.com:

Harrison wins player of the month
Thursday, October 29, 2009

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Linebacker James Harrison has continued to wreak havoc on opposing offenses so far this season, picking up right where he left off last year when he won the NFLís defensive player of the year.

Harrisonís efforts early on this year have earned him AFC defensive player of the month honors for October.

In four games in October Harrison has five sacks, 14 tackles, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

Harrison opened the month by sacking San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers twice, while adding three quarterback pressures. Harrison sacked Rivers in the fourth quarter, forcing a fumble which James Farrior recovered.

His flurry of sacks continued against Detroit, taking down Lions quarterback Dante Culpepper three times. Harrison forced Culpepper to fumble early on, but the Steelers didnít come up with the recovery.

SteelAbility
10-29-2009, 08:17 AM
So much for those who have said James Harrison has disappeared this year. When you look at the stat columns all the way across, no one is in the leaders in so many categories. True, he is in the 30s in tackles but there are 32 teams and other players with high tackles have no where near the number of splash plays. Lets not forget he is on pace to break the NFL record for forced fumbles...dude hits hard. Do I dare say he is at least in the running for DPOY award again?

You not only dare but you speak rightly. There was another post about Harrison. He is on pace to go over 15 sacks and triple digit tackles again this year. Apparently the last player to do that in consecutive seasons was Lawrence Taylor.

SteelCrazy
10-29-2009, 08:26 AM

Just don't do it!

Do they chap your legs? I have 10's, my legs that is........

RuthlessBurgher
10-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Per Steelers.com:

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

Linebacker James Harrison has continued to wreak havoc on opposing offenses so far this season, picking up right where he left off last year when he won the NFLís defensive player of the year.

Harrisonís efforts early on this year have earned him AFC defensive player of the month honors for October.

In four games in October Harrison has five sacks, 14 tackles, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.

Harrison opened the month by sacking San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers twice, while adding three quarterback pressures. Harrison sacked Rivers in the fourth quarter, forcing a fumble which James Farrior recovered.

His flurry of sacks continued against Detroit, taking down Lions quarterback Dante Culpepper three times. Harrison forced Culpepper to fumble early on, but the Steelers didnít come up with the recovery.

They mention 2 sacks of Rivers and 3 sacks of Culpepper, saying that he has 5 sacks during the month of October. Last I checked, the Viking game was in October, and Harrison crushed Favre for a sack on the final play of that game.

SteelCrazy
10-29-2009, 11:40 AM
Per Steelers.com:

By Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

They mention 2 sacks of Rivers and 3 sacks of Culpepper, saying that he has 5 sacks during the month of October. Last I checked, the Viking game was in October, and Harrison crushed Favre for a sack on the final play of that game.

He had two that game

stlrz d
10-29-2009, 12:48 PM

I can't remember the Vikings player or our DB who missed the tackle, but Harrison hit a dude along the sideline so hard it knocked the wind out of ME!

Seriously, he stuck some dude and I jumped out of my chair because he railed the guy so hard!

I love hits like that!!!

JTP53609
10-29-2009, 02:41 PM
i said it earlier, but if he does by chance win DPOY again this year, than I think even with his late start in the NFL, if he has 3 more good seasons, he may get elected into the HOF....

Mel Blount's G
10-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Mr. Harrison is working his way up my favorite all time Steelers list. Seriously. It's not just his vicious yet intelligent play. It's his attitude. How many lb ego's in this league would be busy sellf-pimping, chasing fame through commercials, books, on-field attention-generating dances, etc...after winning the DPOY award? But no. Mr. Harrison brings his lunch pail to work every game and quietly goes about his WORK. He doesn't dance after he creates a(nother) turnover. He doesn't flex his bicep after he drops the opposition for a(nother) loss. He gets up, looks at his victim as if to say, "I'll be here all day son.." and goes back to the huddle or sideline. I appreciate those players who let their game do the talking ala Mr. Harrison. Seems they are a dying breed in an age of selfish, stat-seeking, ego maniacs who are more concerened with personal accolades and ridiculous contracts than they are being part of a !TEAM! and experiencing that unique feeling of winning, AS A TEAM.

Mr. Harrison, I salute you. Congrats on your AFC DPOM award.

JTP53609
10-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Mr. Harrison is working his way up my favorite all time Steelers list. Seriously. It's not just his vicious yet intelligent play. It's his attitude. How many lb ego's in this league would be busy sellf-pimping, chasing fame through commercials, books, on-field attention-generating dances, etc...after winning the DPOY award? But no. Mr. Harrison brings his lunch pail to work every game and quietly goes about his WORK. He doesn't dance after he creates a(nother) turnover. He doesn't flex his bicep after he drops the opposition for a(nother) loss. He gets up, looks at his victim as if to say, "I'll be here all day son.." and goes back to the huddle or sideline. I appreciate those players who let their game do the talking ala Mr. Harrison. Seems they are a dying breed in an age of selfish, stat-seeking, ego maniacs who are more concerened with personal accolades and ridiculous contracts than they are being part of a !TEAM! and experiencing that unique feeling of winning, AS A TEAM.

i agree, i really like that about him, in fact that is my favorite part about him....he is very humble, same with heath miller and big ben on offense, how many times do you see heath miller get up and do a dance or point the first down sign........

ikestops85
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM

Well said MBG, well said! :Clap :Clap

SteelAbility
10-29-2009, 04:18 PM
You know during the off-season I made vehement arguments for why we should re-sign Harrison, even at a high price tag. I did this on another forum, steelernation. I was summarily dubbed a shameless Harrison "nut-hugger."

Now, in retrospect, I am proud to be a member of that club! :tt2

And I say :moon to all of those "He's old and over 30" guys.

Sugar
10-29-2009, 04:34 PM
Congrats Deebo!!! :tt2

ikestops85
10-29-2009, 05:05 PM
You know during the off-season I made vehement arguments for why we should re-sign Harrison, even at a high price tag. I did this on another forum, steelernation. I was summarily dubbed a shameless Harrison "nut-hugger."

Well, if you're going to pick some nuts to hug you certainly could have picked worse :lol:

phillyesq
10-29-2009, 05:43 PM

Well said MBG, well said! :Clap :Clap

:Agree

Very well said.

RuthlessBurgher
10-29-2009, 07:29 PM

Well, if you're going to pick some nuts to hug you certainly could have picked worse :lol:

http://www.gpdesignpro.com/images/tshirts/nuthugger.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4397/motivator8290451kl6gb6.jpg

Discipline of Steel
10-29-2009, 10:33 PM

Right now, James Harrison is the Alpha Male of the NFL.

Captain Lemming
10-29-2009, 10:54 PM

:Agree

Let just say what is obvious. What we all are thinking. He aint PORTER.
As a Steeler fan of course I rooted for him, but his constant jawing and antics just felt unSteelerlike. Thats the kind of stuff I expect from a Raven or BenGAL.

Harrison is a HUGE upgrade. Not just in play but in class.

As I mentioned on another thread, I am tiring of Santonios antics for the same reason.

SidSmythe
10-29-2009, 11:21 PM
HARRISON came on the past few weeks. He wasn't having the "IMPACT" he was last year. Last year it seemed like he was a HUGE game changer week in and week out, especially w/ forcing fumbles (Joe Flacco on Monday Night rings a huge bell). This year he seems to be doing a lot of stuff by himself and still fighting thru holds, etc.
The guy is still amazing and gotta be the toughest 250 lbs. to hold back in the NFL

SteelAbility
10-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Let just say what is obvious. What we all are thinking. He aint PORTER.
As a Steeler fan of course I rooted for him, but his constant jawing and antics just felt unSteelerlike. Thats the kind of stuff I expect from a Raven or BenGAL.

Harrison is a HUGE upgrade. Not just in play but in class.

As I mentioned on another thread, I am tiring of Santonios antics for the same reason.

:Clap

Not only does Harrison have more bang than Porter but he's less buck, allowing other quality player signings. Porter is good. But given his price, he's a bit of a vanity buy.