PDA

View Full Version : No love for Harrison, yet again.

NWNewell
10-27-2009, 12:09 PM
ESPN NFL page has a poll:

Which recent recipient of a big contract would you most want to anchor your defense?
Jarred Allen
Albert Haynesworth
Terrell Suggs
DeMarcus Ware

Not only was Harrison the DPOY last year, but he is doing better in ever relevant statistical category any every one of those guys.

Player - Tackles - Sacks - Forced Fumbles
Allen - 29 - 7.5 - 3
Haynesworth - 21 - 3.0 - 0
Suggs - 31 - 2.5 - 1
Ware - 24 - 4.0 - 2
Harrison 41 - 8.0 - 2

RuthlessBurgher
10-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Maybe they wanted a poll who results were close instead of 98% for Harrison and the other four fighting for the scraps of that last 2%. :wink:

JTP53609
10-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Maybe they wanted a poll who results were close instead of 98% for Harrison and the other four fighting for the scraps of that last 2%. :wink:

haha i was thinking the same thing....

as for the whole no love for harrison, he did win DPOY...of course i dont think espn had anything do do with that, they would of given it to junior seau before harrison.....

NWNewell
10-27-2009, 12:28 PM

haha i was thinking the same thing....

Only think I could think of is that the Steelers didn't overpay Harrison so maybe his contract wasn't "big enough" to qualify.

as for the whole no love for harrison, he did win DPOY...of course i dont think espn had anything do do with that, they would of given it to junior seau before harrison.....

That may be true... but the DPOY was voted by 670,000 fans.... not the national media pundits.

steelblood
10-27-2009, 12:30 PM
maybe harrison's contract wasn't big enough

RussBII
10-27-2009, 12:56 PM
maybe harrison's contract wasn't big enough

Harrison's really shy. ESPN knows this, they don't want to draw his ire in anyway. I can't blame them...

flippy
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd take Polamalu

RuthlessBurgher
10-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I'd take Polamalu

Except his contract extension was 2 years ago. This question was asking about recent recipients of a big contract (and Harrison big extension got his this off-season).

Mel Blount's G
10-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah, Haynesworth's D really put the stomp down on that high octane philly offense last night (even after they lost the hub of there O, Brian Westbrook) :roll: I believe AH got paid and gives less than a 110 percent every play. Pass.

Jared Allen would be useless in a 3-4 where he'd have to do something besides pin his ears back and rush the qb on each and every play. Give me Aaron Smith in his prime over Allen.

Thuggs is aight but I see Woodley as a better olb within another year or 2.

Ware is a superb player. He makes less than those other 3 doesn't he? Too bad he plays for that sissy team from Texas

I'd take Harrison or Troy before any of those guys

Actually, I'd take the man known to us as BAD mof'ing WORD to anchor my defensive unit before any overpaid player

Sugar
10-27-2009, 07:26 PM
I'd take Ware of those given, but Deebo is the man. I don't think there is a thread titled "The Legend of Albert Haynesworth" anywhere.

Captain Lemming
10-27-2009, 11:17 PM
I'd take Polamalu

Flippy, I understand how in a thread that has NOTHING TO DO with Troy his name comes to mind.

While Harrison is great, he cannot compare to Troy in the one area where Troy has no peer in the history of the league........Great hair!!!!!

Clearly the question on everybody's mind is "how does he do it"?

http://www.mediaincanada.com/articles/mic/20090911/polamalu.body_lead.jpg

stlrz d
10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
I'd take Polamalu

Flippy, I understand how in a thread that has NOTHING TO DO with Troy his name comes to mind.

While Harrison is great, he cannot compare to Troy in the one area where Troy has no peer in the history of the league........Great hair!!!!!

Foreshadowing for a 7th Lombardi. :D

AngryAsian
10-28-2009, 02:22 AM
I think that Harrison could care less about such acolades. That's why he doesn't do endorsement deals. The guy is here "to play football." I think most talking heads don't look at us as the sexy pick... for anything, thus the components of our team are likewise not sexy enough to give props to. F' them.

flippy
10-28-2009, 07:15 AM
I'd take Polamalu

Must have given it away with my eyes again ;)