PDA

View Full Version : Butterfingeritis

Djfan
10-27-2009, 12:28 AM
Did anyone else notice that the receiving corps dropped a lot of passes yesterday? The only one I don't remember dropping a pass was Miller. Catch even half of those and the game is nowhere near close, IMO.

Thoughts?

TD386Steel
10-27-2009, 01:14 AM
I dont think that they dropped two many. The Vikings did a great job in coverage. Ben went 14 for 26 and 175 yds. Part of the problem is Arians calling the plays instead of Ben. 90% of my offense would be with Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller and Mendenhall on the field. We can run & pass effectively in any formation with these guys. I dont like the two and three tightend sets. Its just a waste of downs and plays to me. Any views or opinions are welcome. :tt1

SteelAbility
10-27-2009, 06:40 AM
The biggest impact-drop I remember was Hines Ward. It seemed like he was focused a bit on YAC instead of securing the ball. But, hey, I seem to remember a play near the very end where a receiver was focused on YAC and we benefitted from it. Personally, I'm fuming more over the drops in the Chicago and Cincy games.

MeetJoeGreene
10-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Did anyone else notice that the receiving corps dropped a lot of passes yesterday? The only one I don't remember dropping a pass was Miller. Catch even half of those and the game is nowhere near close, IMO.

Thoughts?

I do remember a couple of drops Hines (although he go smacked), Holmes, and Rashard (although it was poorly thrown)... I also think Ben was a little off on Sunday... just an observation being there.

Oviedo
10-27-2009, 08:30 AM
I dont think that they dropped two many. The Vikings did a great job in coverage. Ben went 14 for 26 and 175 yds. Part of the problem is Arians calling the plays instead of Ben. 90% of my offense would be with Ward, Holmes, Wallace, Miller and Mendenhall on the field. We can run & pass effectively in any formation with these guys. I dont like the two and three tightend sets. Its just a waste of downs and plays to me. Any views or opinions are welcome. :tt1

Can you give me the breakdown of "Arians plays" versus "Ben plays?" I didn't get the email.

JTP53609
10-27-2009, 08:55 AM
there were a few drops, but there were not as many as there were in the losses we had...hines did drop that one at midfield that would of gotten us a big first down and at worst would of helped us control field position like how we did in the first qtr...

NWNewell
10-27-2009, 08:57 AM
They had a few... but it wasn't too terrible.... they've dropped more in other games. And on the year... I'd agree with you. It's amazing that Ben has a 70% completion percentage with the drops we've had this year (not absolutely terrible, but worse than recent years from the receiving core as a unit).

Ward had one (sort of) but it was a tough catch getting hit hard so quickly. Holmes had one (sort of) that would have been a first down, but it was a poor throw by Ben too (but he still should have had it). There might have been another in there somewhere...

I think the bigger impact Sunday was the 4 batted balls at the line. That is quite a few. Our O-line cannot allow the D-line to get there hands up in the passing lane that often.

Jooser
10-27-2009, 09:03 AM
"Good Ben" didn't really show up Sunday. I only mention this because a few dropped balls were not well thrown ones. The one to Hines was high over the middle and Mendy dropped one that was basically a worm burner. But, all in all, our receiving corps has had the droppsies all season.

JTP53609
10-27-2009, 09:16 AM
if colt or *s receivers had as many drops as ours, i think that manning and brady would have their should be completion percentage as the stat....but since it is big ben, nobody outside of pittsburghers seem to even notice or care..

NorCal-Steeler
10-27-2009, 11:41 PM
ooops my bad i thought this was another mendy thread. :stirpot