View Full Version : Maybe

drprwnap
10-26-2009, 12:37 PM
our defense isn't as bad as some people thought

our offense isn't as good as some people thought

just sayin' :D

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 12:42 PM
our defense is ranked in the top 5 still...and our offense WAS number 2 in passing...

I think our offense is fine, it was just a rough day yesterday against a good defense...

sometimes we overthink too much, like my point earlier about when we played denver in 2007 and they were at the time, dead last in rushing defense and we were first in rushing offense, well, we were stuffed that game for some reason, and yesterday the vkings were without thier best player in the secondary and after seeing flacco throw form 387 last week AT minnesota, I though Ben would have a field day.....

NWNewell
10-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Ditto.

Though, I'll add this:
our defense isn't as bad as some people thought, but not quite as good as last year.
our offense isn't as good as some people thought, but a little better than last year.

NW Steeler
10-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I thought that our offense looked very erratic and had absolutely no flow, except for the last drive of the first half when Ben ran the no huddle. We had no sustained drives other than that, but luckily had a few big strikes. I think that we could have run the ball on them very easily. To me, it was an uncomfortable game to watch. It seemed as though the Vikes O had the ball the entire second half. 36-24 in TOP difference? Yikes. My hand hurts today because I beat the snot out of my ottoman when Mendy fumbled inside the 10. So much for taking that stuff in stride! My wife hates watching games with me when I am like that! Anyway, our O still seems ragged at times.

drprwnap
10-26-2009, 12:58 PM

Ditto.

Though, I'll add this:
our defense isn't as bad as some people thought, but not quite as good as last year.
our offense isn't as good as some people thought, but a little better than last year.

:Agree

RuthlessBurgher
10-26-2009, 01:40 PM

Ditto.

Though, I'll add this:

:Agree

Me too. And this is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it is better to have balance and be able to beat a team in multliple different ways by having a very good defense and a very good offense than being historically dominant in one facet and merely average in another. Offense won the game against San Diego. Defense won the game against Minnesota.

We were the only team that was in the top 5 in both offense and defense coming into this game, but have dropped to #7 in total offense and #8 in total defense today. I like being above average in every facet now (#2 in rush defense, #15 in pass defense, #15 in rush offense, and #5 pass offense) as opposed to last season when we were absolutely dominant with the #1 overall defense (#1 in pass defense & #2 in rush defense) but only #22 in total offense (#17 in pass offense and #23 in rush offense).

NWNewell
10-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Me too. And this is not necessarily a bad thing. I think it is better to have balance and be able to beat a team in multliple different ways by having a very good defense and a very good offense than being historically dominant in one facet and merely average in another. Offense won the game against San Diego. Defense won the game against Minnesota.

We were the only team that was in the top 5 in both offense and defense coming into this game, but have dropped to #7 in total offense and #8 in total defense today. I like being above average in every facet now (#2 in rush defense, #15 in pass defense, #15 in rush offense, and #5 pass offense) as opposed to last season when we were absolutely dominant with the #1 overall defense (#1 in pass defense & #2 in rush defense) but only #22 in total offense (#17 in pass offense and #23 in rush offense).

No doubt. There will be days that he defense is not playing well, and days that the offense is not playing well. It's nice to know that that one or the other has the ability to pick up the slack.

For much of last year, this was not the case. Still not 100% confidence that it is the case this year, but it's getting better.

stlrz d
10-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I thought that our offense looked very erratic and had absolutely no flow, except for the last drive of the first half when Ben ran the no huddle. We had no sustained drives other than that, but luckily had a few big strikes. I think that we could have run the ball on them very easily. To me, it was an uncomfortable game to watch. It seemed as though the Vikes O had the ball the entire second half. 36-24 in TOP difference? Yikes. My hand hurts today because I beat the snot out of my ottoman when Mendy fumbled inside the 10. So much for taking that stuff in stride! My wife hates watching games with me when I am like that! Anyway, our O still seems ragged at times.

I wasn't thrilled with that either, but 2 defensive scores is 2 less opportunities to possess the ball offensively.