PDA

View Full Version : 65, 597 And Notes From The Game

pfelix73
10-25-2009, 09:55 PM
1. 65, 597- Largest crowd ever for Heinz Field today. Kind of surprising after the Tenn. game this year and the AFC Championship game from last year. Beautiful day in the Burgh- got my sun tan.

2. Could not believe how many Vikings fans were there today. Most fans I've seen from a visiting team. Most were well behaved and were gracious in defeat. At least those in my section. Classy fan base from up there in Minn. IMO.

3. Our ST play needs help. I hope Tomlin can work his magic during the off week.

4. Play-calling at times was atrocious. We're lucky the defense bailed us out today.

5. This may or may not make it into the news this week, but it doesn't look good for Jeff Reed. According to reports and some fans down near the Steelers side, a fan (or 2) was heckling Reed while he was practicing kicking. Reed actually confronted the fan and wanted to fight him right there on the spot. Coaches had to break it up.... Isn't this unusual for a player to get this provoked by a paying fan who was... drinking a beer?

Has anyone heard anymore about this sideline story? They were talking about it on the radio headed home. Hope management isn't forced to do something drastic, but Jeff may need counseling or something. People were wondering if he had cocktails at halftime....

All in all, a great day in Pittsburgh..... And yes- Renegade still rocks.... Played it 3 times.

:tt1

DukieBoy
10-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Piotr Czech ???
Sound like a defenseman for the Nashville Predators or some such team.

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 10:09 AM
i could not believe that, that was the largest crowed...i agree, one would think that the afc championships or opening days would be the big ones....i guess they added some seats....

pfelix73
10-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Funny you mention about the 'extra seats'. We were walking around on the upper level before the game, and we noticed 2 new temporary tents next to one of the cameras. There was a security dude outside the tents and inside you could see temporary bleachers.

So you are correct in your assumptions. Each tent could probably hold 25-35 people. I think they said the Tenn. game was 100 or so fewer.....

They could probably put some extra seats up on top of the big jumbo tron if they wish... :lol:

Still am baffled at why they didn't make the stadium a bit bigger. Say, 75,000 seats. Then most of us on the waiting list since the mid-90's would be season tix holders.

:tt1

MeetJoeGreene
10-26-2009, 11:16 AM
... and they had to pull out renegade 2 times.... or was it 3.... i lost count trying to hold back the nausea...