PDA

View Full Version : Why does Mewelde Moore finish out games?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2009, 09:54 PM
1. Because the other two RBs just made huge fumbles, and Tomlin is pissed off at them, or doesn't trust them?

2. Because he's somehow a better RB on the last drive of every game?

If #2, why might that be, wouldn't that hold true for the first 7 drives of the game?

papillon
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
I don't know for sure, but, he is not the best back on this team and it isn't even close.

Pappy

pfelix73
10-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Because they can trust him with holding on the football- according to Tomlin in his PC.

:tt1

Jigawatts
10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Tomlin showing Mendy some tough love.

stlrz d
10-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Tomlin and Arians have already said it is because of the options he gives the offense at the end of the game.

He's a smart guy and good at picking up the blitz should the Steelers put the ball in the air. He can also release into the pattern. And he can also run the ball.

pfelix73
10-25-2009, 10:44 PM
Mentioned after the game that Mendy may be carrying that ball around with him this week and next and that if ANYONE can get the ball away from him, there's a reward in it.... Sound familiar? Did the same with Parker.

Wolfhound45
10-25-2009, 10:46 PM
One word - Trust

MW may not carry the rock the way RM or even a healthy WP can, but he will not fumble. Right now, that is what we need.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Tomlin and Arians have already said it is because of the options he gives the offense at the end of the game.

He's a smart guy and good at picking up the blitz should the Steelers put the ball in the air. He can also release into the pattern. And he can also run the ball.

Right, well my point is, does he lose all his superpowers during the 1st 7 drives of the game? Why not play him more if he's held in such high regard?

stlrz d
10-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Mentioned after the game that Mendy may be carrying that ball around with him this week and next and that if ANYONE can get the ball away from him, there's a reward in it.... Sound familiar? Did the same with Parker.

If so that'll be Mendy's second time around that block.

Right, well my point is, does he lose all his superpowers during the 1st 7 drives of the game? Why not play him more if he's held in such high regard?

He's not an every down, all game long kind of player.

He's a spot player and a pretty damn good one.

papillon
10-25-2009, 11:07 PM

And Mendenhall is better than Moore at everyone of those facets of the game. Moore is better at securing the football and that's it.

Pappy

stlrz d
10-25-2009, 11:16 PM

And Mendenhall is better than Moore at everyone of those facets of the game. Moore is better at securing the football and that's it.

Pappy

Just posting what the coaches said a few weeks ago Pap. :)

papillon
10-26-2009, 12:12 AM
[quote="stlrz d":qn2d8xm5]Tomlin and Arians have already said it is because of the options he gives the offense at the end of the game.

Pappy

Just posting what the coaches said a few weeks ago Pap. :)[/quote:qn2d8xm5]

That may be true, but right now Moore is in the game because he'll secure the ball, not because of what he brings to the table, regardless of what the coaches say publicly. As always, that's just my opinion, I'm not an NFL football coach, but, I did stay at the HI Express last night (in Uniontown I might add :P ).

Pappy

stlrz d
10-26-2009, 07:08 AM
[quote="stlrz d":tvrtvuw2]Tomlin and Arians have already said it is because of the options he gives the offense at the end of the game.

Pappy

Just posting what the coaches said a few weeks ago Pap. :)

That may be true, but right now Moore is in the game because he'll secure the ball, not because of what he brings to the table, regardless of what the coaches say publicly. As always, that's just my opinion, I'm not an NFL football coach, but, I did stay at the HI Express last night (in Uniontown I might add :P ).

Pappy[/quote:tvrtvuw2]

I certainly don't disagree with you. :)

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 07:30 AM
its a shame..last week mendy just had a freak fumble, lying on a pile and people ripping it out, he shold have held on but it was a fumble i was not overly pissed of...this week, he tried making something out of nothing and he got 3 yds, but he needs to secure that ball for crying out loud....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I can't help but think that we are going to get snakebit sooner or later, if we can't either of our 1st and 2nd string RBs to hold on to the ball in critical situations.

steelfin
10-26-2009, 08:29 AM
For the same reason he is often the punt returner when standing inside the 10 yard line....The coaches trust his ball security....Something that MH and Logan will hopefully learn over time....

Mendy runs harder than Moore and has a lot of potential...However, if he continues to fumble they should sit his ass....he almost cost us the game....I like Mendy and want him to do well, but he needs to hold on to the f'ing football....plain and simple....

Turnover differential is too important...I am too lazy to pull stats but I can guarantee that teams losing the turnover differential lose the game the majority of the time...