PDA

View Full Version : NFL Vid Vikes postgame presser - whining about tripping flag

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vik ... conference (http://www.nfl.com/videos/minnesota-vikings/09000d5d813afd9e/Vikings-postgame-press-conference)

Between about 1 and 2:00, Childress sounds like he's whining. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

spyboots
10-25-2009, 11:02 PM
I think it WAS tripping, Watch the play again. The guy dived perpendicular to Harrison and used his legs to trip him/stop him.

Steelgal
10-26-2009, 07:25 AM
I listened to the first half of his press conference over the radio and he sounded like a whiny little brat. I've never been a big fan of his, but after that, it certainly didn't help his case. Good coaches don't blame the refs. They don't have to agree with all the calls, but they know their team has to overcome any errors made and the Vikes did not.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-26-2009, 08:33 AM
I think it WAS tripping, Watch the play again. The guy dived perpendicular to Harrison and used his legs to trip him/stop him.

I agree spy. He dove and his legs went up. Had he hit Harrison with his body then it is not a call. However, he hit him with his legs and it is a call.

steelfin
10-26-2009, 08:46 AM
It was a close call...It was not a blatant trip but based on one's viewpoint of the play it could easily look like he was tripping...

Definitely a lucky break for the Steelers...

proudpittsburgher
10-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Yea, I don't see what people are so up in arms about, he went perpendicular to james, and his legs are what tangled up with his. It will be called a tripping evert time, especially when the legs came up quite a bit off the ground. It may not have been intentional, but it happened, and it will get called.

proudpittsburgher
10-26-2009, 09:30 AM
And I love hearing Brett tell his team you have to make the other team earn it, you have to force a field goal. Yet, when he had a chance to possible make a tackle on the pick 6, he took himself out of the play by going down to a knee. favre is a hypocrite to the umpeenth level. I have totally lost respect for him over the past few years. none left.

Zigs
10-26-2009, 09:38 AM
I think it was 100% a good call.

I watched it several times and it's quite obvious he was doing whatever he could to try to get him down. He dove sideways at his legs and then when he didn't make solid contact with his shoulder he rolls with his legs flailing to try to make some sort of contact. I don't see this as ticky-tacky at all. The only reason this is up for question is because a TD was called back. If you're making that block legally, you should not end up rolling and looking back in the backfield.

Ghost
10-26-2009, 10:03 AM
Bad call - good block. That happens to the Steelers and most people here are going crazy.

Not to get off topic - what did you guys think of the call on Miller that took the TD off the boards for the Steelers? I thought that could have not been called.

stlrz d
10-26-2009, 09:58 PM
You don't get a knot in your leg from making a block...if you don't block with your legs. ;)