PDA

View Full Version : Did Max really control Jared Allen pretty well?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Sure didn't hear Allen's name a lot today. Could Max really have done that? Did anybody notice how we schemed Allen?

Oviedo
10-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes he did. Some will be disappointed there is nothing to complain about but many said that in time Starks would be a solid LT and worth the Steelers keeping him versus throwing ridiculous dollars at free agents.

Vindrow
10-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah, Starks earned his money today...he had a good game.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow, that is incredible, one of the best rushers in the NFL - doesn't he have the most sacks this year?

Did anyone notice if they did any scheming in their blocking, like bring Kemo over a lot, or have a RB back to block a lot? I think I remember Mendy slowing him down a few times.

steelblood
10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
he got some help and chip help. he also did a great job. the interior line struggled a little. ben was not super accurate. our passing game was only sporadically effective. but, it was enough.

Vindrow
10-25-2009, 10:09 PM
You know they kept Allen out of teh game when his stats were:

1 tackle
1 assist
0 sacks

:Steel :tt1 :tt1 :tt2 :Beer

DukieBoy
10-25-2009, 10:24 PM
The reverses coming back around JA's end were an effective strategy also ... helped make his pursuits a bit more tentative I think. Give BA credit for that strategy.

Shoe
10-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I have been a frequent critic of Starks, but I gotta admit: the guy did his job (and did it very well) today. And pretty much this year, for that matter.

stlrz d
10-25-2009, 10:46 PM
The reverses coming back around JA's end were an effective strategy also ... helped make his pursuits a bit more tentative I think. Give BA credit for that strategy.

Yup. The end arounds got him thinking.

But by the third one I was ready for them to cross that off the list.

DukieBoy
10-25-2009, 10:49 PM

They ran it until it didn't work, but I think it was in JA's head.

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 08:18 AM
he did very welll today

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Starks showed what the Steelers FO saw before they paid him the money.

RuthlessBurgher
10-26-2009, 09:09 AM
Starks and Allen work out together in the offseason. Starks praised Allen's abilities, but also noted that he knows his preferred moves.

flippy
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Starks is making his case for his first ProBowl.

Lucky for us, he'll be too busy preparing for the SUperBowl to play in the ProBowl.

NWNewell
10-26-2009, 09:26 AM

Even the third one caught JA sleeping. But the secondary was ready for it and kept the end around from getting to the edge and JA was able to recover and get in on the tackle.

But all in all... I agree... tough to catch the whole defense sleeping 3 times on the same play.