PDA

View Full Version : Reed's kickoffs - This needs to be brought up again..

anjang86
10-25-2009, 07:47 PM
I know Reed's whiff on that KO return cost us the TD but he would have never been put in that position if he could actually kick the damn ball.

I'm getting tired of the Steelers being the only team in the league that kicks the ball consistently to the 10yd line instead of kicking touchbacks. And you know what? I wouldn't mind it if there was some hang time but these are all damn line drive kicks that give the KR a head start.

I know we talk about it every year, but it's so frustrating to have to watch.

BATMAN
10-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Thank you for bringing this up. Seems like people will overlook this because Reed is pretty accurate as a field goal kicker. I think with his lousy kickoffs, off field antics and some of the other stuff that is rumored we, won't need to worry about him after this season.

Seems like Logan has to start each time from the endzone to get his 25, 30 or whatever yards of run back just to get our offense to the 25, 30 yard marker.

These opposing returners always seem to be sitting on the 15 yard line and end up on the 35 or 40 yard line after Reed kicks it. Not only that, he could at least gets us some hang time. Last year we cried the blues because our punters were only giving us what Reed also gives us in the way of pinning the offenses back.

DukieBoy
10-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Harvin's TD return was 88 yards. Harvin was able (I believe) to get some momentum running up to catch it at the 12 and still be far enough behind his blockers to react off his blocks and maintain is speed. That was a perfectly poor kickoff, ideal for a big return.

anjang86
10-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Harvin's TD return was 88 yards. Harvin was able (I believe) to get some momentum running up to catch it at the 12 and still be far enough behind his blockers to react off his blocks and maintain is speed. That was a perfectly poor kickoff, ideal for a big return.

Ideal for a KO return. Exactly.

The head start and momentum KRs get cannot be emphasized enough. It makes a huge difference.

steelblood
10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Reed is here for 2009. But, after his latest transgression, deteriorating play and kickoff leg strength, and contract demands, he is likely gone next season. Get ready for a kicker in the 2010 draft.

pfelix73
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Reed had one kick to the goal line today- in his defense. He may be gone sooner than you think, especially if there's any truth to the story of him getting into a confrontation with a fan today....... Interested to see if the story gets bigger as the days go by, or if it goes away....

:tt1

Jigawatts
10-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Reed is here for 2009. But, after his latest transgression, deteriorating play and kickoff leg strength, and contract demands, he is likely gone next season. Get ready for a kicker in the 2010 draft.

As long as it's not a "wasted pick" like Sepulveda. :lol:

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 08:20 AM
you would think with those giant legs of his and all the beer muscle that he could kick it to the goal line at least or inside the 5....

SidSmythe
10-26-2009, 09:30 AM
I use Sepulveda on Madden for kickoffs.
He gets it to the 5 and has the speed to run w/ the kickoff coverage team and make plays
That's my solution :tt2

flippy
10-26-2009, 09:35 AM
Could Sepulveda kick it out of the endzone?