PDA

View Full Version : Key Fox

NorthCoast
10-25-2009, 04:55 PM
LeBeau and Tomlin need to keep this guy out there on D. All he does is make plays when he is on the field. Our run D did not miss a beat when he stepped in for Timmons. He may not have the range of Timmons but he always seems to be around the ball when it counts.

BURGH86STEEL
10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
LeBeau and Tomlin need to keep this guy out there on D. All he does is make plays when he is on the field. Our run D did not miss a beat when he stepped in for Timmons. He may not have the range of Timmons but he always seems to be around the ball when it counts.

Having one ball bounce his was does not constitute getting more playing time. There were a couple of times when he looked lost and bad out there this season. One play was when the Bears TE fooled him badly for a big gain. There was one play against the Vikes where he did not have the speed to make the play.

Are you suggesting that they bench Timmons in favor of Fox? I think that would be a big mistake. I have trust and faith in Tomlin and Lebeau that the know what they are doing.

DukieBoy
10-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Having one ball bounce his was does not constitute getting more playing time. There were a couple of times when he looked lost and bad out there this season. One play was when the Bears TE fooled him badly for a big gain. There was one play against the Vikes where he did not have the speed to make the play.

Are you suggesting that they bench Timmons in favor of Fox? I think that would be a big mistake. I have trust and faith in Tomlin and Lebeau that the know what they are doing.

Took a bad angle in short pursuit and Peterson ran right around him. But he settled in and got better.

BURGH86STEEL
10-25-2009, 05:28 PM

Took a bad angle in short pursuit and Peterson ran right around him. But he settled in and got better.

I think that is a play that Timmons has the speed to make.

Northern_Blitz
10-25-2009, 09:32 PM

Peterson had a total of 69 yards rushing and 60 yards receiving.

Timmons got hurt with 11:49 remaining in the 4th.

After Timmons got hurt, Peterson got 11 rushing (16%) and 57 receiving (95%). That he got less than 20% rushing with 20% of the game left when they were down is not suprizing. But Peterson basically did nothing receiving when Timmons was in, then exploded after he got hurt. I don't think this is coincidence.

I like Fox, he is a good backup and seems to play well against the run. He is not in Timmons' league when he's in coverage. He made a great play reacting to a tip today. Can't take anything away from that. But there is no way that he should be in there over Timmons.

Peterson's plays after the Timmons injury.

1-10-PIT 21 (8:39) 4-B.Favre pass short right to 28-A.Peterson to PIT 10 for 11 yards (25-R.Clark). PIT-90-T.Kirschke was injured during the play. His return is Questionable.

1-10-MIN 26 (3:21) 28-A.Peterson up the middle to MIN 31 for 5 yards (26-D.Townsend, 56-L.Woodley).

2-10-MIN 39 (2:14) 28-A.Peterson right guard to MIN 45 for 6 yards (92-J.Harrison, 93-N.Eason).

3-4-MIN 45 (2:00) (Shotgun) 4-B.Favre pass short middle to 28-A.Peterson to PIT 26 for 29 yards (57-K.Fox).

1-10-PIT 36 (:13) 4-B.Favre pass short left to 28-A.Peterson to PIT 19 for 17 yards (51-J.Farrior).

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 09:21 AM
i do like Fox, and he has played well, but that was a flukey interception, the ball literally bounced in his hands and he did a good job running it back. He is outstanding as our 5th linebacker and we need to keep him in that role..

Lonbull
10-26-2009, 05:14 PM
North Coast-

I was going to post a very similiar idea about Key Fox - however I'm certainly not suggesting he take over for Timmons - I think his role is to eventually take over for Farrior.

I expect the Steelers to tailor the defense to utilize Timmons strengths and ability similiar to what they have done with Polamalu.

I expect that Farrior is being kept on the field due to his experience in this defense. However if Fox plays at a high level - and continues to position himself in the correct spots - I expect him to challenge Farrior - and certainly remain as an important back-up.

L.B.