PDA

View Full Version : WOODLEY!!!

NKySteeler
10-25-2009, 03:47 PM
..... Saved the day and made the play of the game IMO!!!!!!!

<<tips hat>> ............... That's what we needed!

NKySteeler
10-25-2009, 03:49 PM
.... Darn it.... Maybe I spoke too soon.....

Oviedo
10-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Woodley played his best game of the season. Let's hope it is a turning point going forward from here.

God I hate bye weeks.

ColumbusSteelerFan
10-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Turned out to be the game winner. I keep getting prouder and prouder of the Michigan Man with every game. I love it!!!!

Discipline of Steel
10-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Our whole D was awesome today! Woodleys TD, Foxs TD, Clark had another big important hit, and James Harrison moved to second in the NFL with 2 more sacks. Where has he been all year??

DukieBoy
10-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Wonder what they are thinking in AZ (if they are actually watching football this year so far) to see TWO Steeler defensive long returns for TD's.

Discipline of Steel
10-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Wonder what they are thinking in AZ (if they are actually watching football this year so far) to see TWO Steeler defensive long returns for TD's.

Woodley and Fox were like young 'grasshoppers' trying to emunlate the big SB play of their 'Master'.

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Our whole D was awesome today! Woodleys TD, Foxs TD, Clark had another big important hit, and James Harrison moved to second in the NFL with 2 more sacks. Where has he been all year??

i agree and all, they made the big plays when the needed to, but still, we gave up almost 400 yds, and they converted way to many third and longs. It is a bend but not break defense right now, but we will not always be so fortunate....

however, that goal line stand in the third qtr was great, we held them to 3 when they had first and goal inside the 2...why they did not go peterson, peterson, peterson is beyone me...

steelblood
10-26-2009, 11:10 AM
The D stopped the run well. The D came up with big plays. Our pass defense was average to poor. Ike and Gay were victimized quite a bit. Ike often had good coverage, but did not go get the ball. Gay looked small and slow to me.

Oviedo
10-26-2009, 11:18 AM

i agree and all, they made the big plays when the needed to, but still, we gave up almost 400 yds, and they converted way to many third and longs. It is a bend but not break defense right now, but we will not always be so fortunate....

however, that goal line stand in the third qtr was great, we held them to 3 when they had first and goal inside the 2...why they did not go peterson, peterson, peterson is beyone me...

The defense was keying on stopping the best RB in the NFL and playing against the greatest QB in NFL history. You pick your poison in that situation and IMO it is not surprising that we gave up lots of yards but they made plays when they have to.

Don't forget that they were playing one of the best teams in the NFL.

JTP53609
10-26-2009, 11:55 AM

The defense was keying on stopping the best RB in the NFL and playing against the greatest QB in NFL history. You pick your poison in that situation and IMO it is not surprising that we gave up lots of yards but they made plays when they have to.

Don't forget that they were playing one of the best teams in the NFL.

i understand, i dont think they played bad by any means, they held peterson to under 70 yds and forced favre to rely on the the pass, but there were parts that we could improve, and i think we will, and that is a good sign....

NWNewell
10-26-2009, 11:59 AM

Even with Big Snack's 3rd off side of the game.... they still came up huge! Terrific effort. Vickings got too cute. Thinking we would be overloading the run and the pass play would be opened. But I agree. inside the 2, you give it to Peterson all three times. If you can't convert, then shame on you.

(How the NT has three offside penalties in one game is beyond me. Shouldn't have 3 offside penalties all year!)

3rd down conversions were a bit high... but that's also because they got themselves in a lot of 3rd and manageables from first and second down plays.

Pittsburgh did what it always does, and the defense only gave up 10 points to a team that is averaging 32pts/game (even though they held the ball for 36 min). They once again force a team to put drives together and earn a TD. Unfortunately, when you have a good balanced offense and a vetern QB, they will be able to move the ball. But as the field shortens, we start to take away the cushion (since there is no need to worry about getting beat deep). In the beginning of the game, it was working... 4 straight punts and no ability to get yards in chunks. Then they made some adjustments and started dinking and dunking their way down the field and we were able to hold them to a 1 for 5 redzone efficiency, with a goalline stand and two turn overs. Text book Steeler's and DL defense. They were able to get some yards, yes, but they did an excellent job of making a very balanced, solid offense one dimensional and forced them to put together long drives. Via AP or Farve (or both)... I didn't really think we had a high likelihood of keeping them under 300yds on the day anyway.

birtikidis
10-26-2009, 12:26 PM
pertaining to the offsides casey was complaining that the center kept jerking his head up and moving his free hand at the same time.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-26-2009, 02:36 PM
pertaining to the offsides casey was complaining that the center kept jerking his head up and moving his free hand at the same time.

Yes, I saw at least one replay where the center did just that.

SteelAbility
10-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Glad Woodley got that play. I've been concerned about him. Seems like he just isn't getting big plays.

A few other observations ...

Where is the Keisel love? Didn't he strip that ball. He also read that screen pass like a book. The RB realized he would probably have gone down for a loss without a quick move, got preoccupied with making a catch/move and let the ball slip through. The rest ... :mrgreen:

It looks like our D players are treeeemendous at downfield blocking. :tt2

Woodley had a pressure play on Favre where Favre threw the ball inside the pocket, short of the LOS, and without a realistic chance of being caught. How, exactly, was that NOT grounding?

RuthlessBurgher
10-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Where is the Keisel love?

Keisel won the battle of the Bretts. :tt2 :tt1

skyhawk
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM

I thought the D played well but couldn't get off the field on key 3rd downs. They gave up a lot of yards. Give the Vikes credit for that, but other than the sweet TD's I think they have a ways to go to be anywhere close to last year's defensive effort.

feltdizz
10-26-2009, 06:30 PM

Yes, I saw at least one replay where the center did just that.

I saw it too... At first I was ticked but on replay it was clear that the center was making some quick moves right before the snap but could be looked at as getting into position..

Vikes had a few false starts so I think he faked his own team out as well

fordfixer
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM

The Wyoming boy steps up big again :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

SteelAbility
10-27-2009, 06:47 AM

... with zero passing yards. :wink:

Oviedo
10-27-2009, 08:43 AM

I think that you saw this weekend the underappreciated contribution that Kiesel brings to every game. As I had said many times if we played a 4-3 Kiesel would be a monster DE with his athleticism and pass rushing capability.