PDA

View Full Version : I'm going nuts waiting for this game (Vikes)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I can't explain it, but waiting for this game is driving me crazy. Maybe waiting for the season opener was harder, but not by much.

Maybe it's because this is where the real Steelers need to show up, and I know they can, but I'm not as sure whether they will.

- Can Ben get the ball off in time for quick slants to SAH and Hines, or Heath - absolutely!

- Can Mende-Par-Moore gash the Vikes with tough runs to keep them off balance - no doubt!

- Can the secondary hold the WRs long enough to let Wood/Harrison/Farrior/Timmons feed Favre some Heinz turf for lunch ... and will Troy pick off one or two in the middle of the field - you bet!

But in my mind, the question is, this week, will they?

We can win this game - Let's go Steelers!

JTP53609
10-23-2009, 03:00 PM
i kind of feel the same way, every week i really look forward to the game, but the past two weeks i have been excited for the game, but i knew we would win, so i was kind of not as intrigued or pumped to see it, (kind of like the players)....but this week even though it is non conference and all, i cant wait, this will tell us alot about where the steelers are.......the last non conference game that i was really excited about was the cryboy game last year haha....that was sweet......

fezziwig
10-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I can't wait either because I feel the Steelers are or should be coming into their own by this time of the season and, I feel this will give us a true idea of our teams identity.

Does anyone feel numb about this season so far ? i don't know if numb is the right description but, I just feel emotionally bland about our Steelers so far this year.

This off season I could hardly keep focused because, I thought the Steelers would become that team of destiny.
After the struggles, the out of balance or out of character of our team, I 'm just not as pumped up as usual.

SidSmythe
10-23-2009, 05:09 PM
YES YES YES WE CAN!!
YES YES YES WE CAN!!
YES WE CAN!!!!!

SteelCrazy
10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm going nuts because I just found out I HAVE to go to work this Sunday for 12 hours! I'm so damned pissed off.......My dad owns a DirecTV sales and installation company and since I'll be at the office by myself, well I might just have to install a temporary satellite dish.

I have a DVR, but that isn't the same.............ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!

GO STEELERS!

Ozey74
10-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I've also been looking forward to this Sunday all week. For 3 reasons:

1. It's the Steelers.
2. The Bears/Bengals game will be televised afterwards and I can root for the Bengals to lose so we take over 1st place (after we win).
3. Got a brand new 55" LCD that I will watch it all unfold on.

:tt2

ghettoscott
10-23-2009, 09:13 PM
SASF, do you know if the game is going to be on the local Fox? I heard its the 'Niners.... :?

Ozey74
10-23-2009, 09:43 PM
SASF, do you know if the game is going to be on the local Fox? I heard its the 'Niners.... :?

You can find the answer to your question here:

http://the506.com/nflmaps/

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 11:29 PM

Don't know for sure, but when I scrolled to Sunday noon on the Cable TV earlier in the week, it wasn't one of the listed games.

I've gone to the Fatso's in the past to catch the game, it's got an OK Steelers feel about it.

Does anyone know, is it possible to program DirectTV (with the nFL package) to tape a show, like the regular Time Warner cable channel?

ghettoscott
10-24-2009, 08:53 AM

You can find the answer to your question here:

http://the506.com/nflmaps/

Thanks Oz, looks like it is the frikkin Niners and Texans....lame.

ghettoscott
10-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I've gone to the Fatso's in the past to catch the game, it's got an OK Steelers feel about it.

not sure what part of town you live in, but there is a Steelers bar out on Blanco in the Stone Oak area called Kennedy's. Watched the Lions and stains game there, nice joint with nothing but Steeler fans. Fatsos has too many d-bag cowgirl "fans".....