PDA

View Full Version : Steelers OL Confidential

PSU_dropout43
10-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Hines Ward is crafty. Starks is Mayor of Gator Nation. The Rooney Way. Find out what else the Steelers' O-Line thinks.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-oline-con ... ers-Week-6 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-oline-confidential/09000d5d8139ca32/O-Line-Confidential-Steelers-Week-6)

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Glad to see another installment of o-line confidential (I thought it was only going to be a one time thing, so it's great to see it continuing). They all seem to be good guys (except for Chris Kemoeatu...we don't know anything about him, because he doesn't say a single thing). It's even better now that we are seeing them perform well together as a unit this season (something nobody but the players and coaching expected to happen to this level).

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Glad to see another installment of o-line confidential (I thought it was only going to be a one time thing, so it's great to see it continuing). They all seem to be good guys (except for Chris Kemoeatu...we don't know anything about him, because he doesn't say a single thing). It's even better now that we are seeing them perform well together as a unit this season (something nobody but the players and coaching expected to happen to this level).

I think you may be more charitable, or optimistic, or willing to give the benefit of the doubt, than I am regarding the O-line performance to date.

I don't see that our O-line has been challenged by particularly strong defenses so far this year. So, though I am happy they are not falling apart against average-to-below-average defenses (59-0, anyone?), I'm kind of holding my breath for this Sunday against the Yikes.

pfelix73
10-22-2009, 09:39 PM
I guess I'm the only one on here that always thought the OL was fine. They are young and continue to grow as a group. Very VERY important to keep the same 5 together. This allows for communication to remain and to get even better.

The formations BA calls along with the protection packages called during the game is also a huge part of how the OL plays each week. The Vikings D plays out of the 4-3, something we have struggled with in the past. If Starks needs help over there with Allen, the TE will have to help out, etc. TE in the backfield to help, etc. ( We have no FB) It's a group effort.

:tt1

papillon
10-22-2009, 09:46 PM

I think you may be more charitable, or optimistic, or willing to give the benefit of the doubt, than I am regarding the O-line performance to date.

I don't see that our O-line has been challenged by particularly strong defenses so far this year. So, though I am happy they are not falling apart against average-to-below-average defenses (59-0, anyone?), I'm kind of holding my breath for this Sunday against the Yikes.

The difference between 6-10 and 10-6 in this league is so small that it isn't even funny. The teams the Steelers have been playing are paid to play just like the Steelers. They may not have flashy records, but when you're running up 400 and 500 yards worth of offense you're playing well as a unit.

Just like Willie Colon said, "when you don't hear about us we did our job." We haven't heard about the o-line in the press this year, they're playing extremely well right now. Ben is leading the league in passing yards, Ward is leading the league in receiving yards, Miller is on ace to catch 96 balls and Mendenhall is averaging 100 yards per game over the last three games that he's played.

That's good offense and you don't get that kind of production without an offensive line that is performing well. Win, lose or draw this weekend the offensive line is playing very good and they won't be why the Steelers would lose this game. I'd be more inclined to believe that the defense will let this team down before the offensive line right now.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-22-2009, 11:51 PM

The difference between 6-10 and 10-6 in this league is so small that it isn't even funny. The teams the Steelers have been playing are paid to play just like the Steelers. They may not have flashy records, but when you're running up 400 and 500 yards worth of offense you're playing well as a unit.

Just like Willie Colon said, "when you don't hear about us we did our job." We haven't heard about the o-line in the press this year, they're playing extremely well right now. Ben is leading the league in passing yards, Ward is leading the league in receiving yards, Miller is on ace to catch 96 balls and Mendenhall is averaging 100 yards per game over the last three games that he's played.

That's good offense and you don't get that kind of production without an offensive line that is performing well. Win, lose or draw this weekend the offensive line is playing very good and they won't be why the Steelers would lose this game. I hope you're right on that ... I'd be more inclined to believe that the defense will let this team down before the offensive line right now ... and not on this!.

Pappy

I take your point that the "bad" teams we beat are only a few plays away from being "good teams", but I'll feel a lot better about the O-line when they perform at a high standard against teams that are actually doing well, not just almost doing well.

Thankfully it's just a discussion that doesn't mean that much - how they play from here on out is much more important than how they've played to date.

It'll be interesting to see how BA game plans for these guys! I'm not as ready to anoint him as some others, but if Ben stays upright this weekend, I'll be next in line! :tt2 :tt1

JTP53609
10-23-2009, 07:33 AM

maybe he is just a low talker like kramers girlfriend in the puffy shirt episode.....

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-23-2009, 10:01 AM

Hey...Come on? I should get some credit for all the kicks in the balls I got telling the Nation this OL will grow together as they play together! :lol: Dam...Somebody have an icepack??? :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2009, 10:07 AM

Hey...Come on? I should get some credit for all the kicks in the balls I got telling the Nation this OL will grow together as they play together! :lol: Dam...Somebody have an icepack??? :wink:

I salute you with yet another kick.

http://euroross.blogspot.com/Soccer%20Balls%20Kick.jpg