PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu doesn't practice again

SteelerNation1
10-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Polamalu doesn't practice for second straight day
Thursday, October 22, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Steelers safety Troy Polamalu intercepts a pass against the Cleveland Browns Sunday.
Safety Troy Polamalu did not practice today for the second straight time as the Steelers prepare to play the unbeaten Minnesota Vikings Sunday.

Polamalu, who returned to play for the first time last Sunday since the opening game, declined to predict whether he will make his second straight start.

"I don't think it benefits anybody to not practice, but I think regarding injuries it's a benefit."

Polamalu's MCL in his left knee was sprained in the opener, causing him to miss four straight games. He injured it again Sunday playing against the Browns when his knee struck the ground, but coach Mike Tomlin indicated that would be no problem.

"I feel pretty good right now,'' Polamalu said.

Normally, players who do not practice by Friday do not play on Sunday for the Steelers.

Read more: http://postgazette.com/pg/09295/1007614 ... z0UhOW5YKZ (http://postgazette.com/pg/09295/1007614-100.stm#ixzz0UhOW5YKZ)

BradshawsHairdresser
10-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Troy came back too soon. Get it fully healed before you get back on the field. Otherwise, you'll be limited all season.

steelblood
10-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Crap.

stlrz d
10-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I can't find the link, but I read that Troy is expected to start against the Vikings.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 12:47 PM
I heard he was planning on practicing today. Don't the Steelers usually sit people who can't practice through Friday?

Oviedo
10-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I heard he was planning on practicing today. Don't the Steelers usually sit people who can't practice through Friday?

Troy would likely be the exception to that.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM

Troy would likely be the exception to that.

Sounds fine at first blush, but seeing as how he hurt himself last week, gotta wonder about the +/- for bringing him in before he's ready, even if we lose this game because he's out.

Jooser
10-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Troy practiced today, will play Sunday per PPG:

Polamalu resumes practice with Steelers
Friday, October 23, 2009
By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu returned to Steelers practice today after missing the previous two days while resting and recovering from an MCL sprain that caused him to miss four games before he started last Sunday against Cleveland.

Friday practice is a sure sign of a player's ability to play, if not start, on Sunday -- when the Steelers play host to 6-0 Minnesota at Heinz Field.

As expected, Polamalu worked with the first-team defense.
More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09296/10 ... z0UmOxTxIK (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09296/1007798-100.stm#ixzz0UmOxTxIK)

rpmpit
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Troy practiced today, will play Sunday per PPG:

Polamalu resumes practice with Steelers
Friday, October 23, 2009
By Chuck Finder, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu returned to Steelers practice today after missing the previous two days while resting and recovering from an MCL sprain that caused him to miss four games before he started last Sunday against Cleveland.

Friday practice is a sure sign of a player's ability to play, if not start, on Sunday -- when the Steelers play host to 6-0 Minnesota at Heinz Field.

As expected, Polamalu worked with the first-team defense.
More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09296/10 ... z0UmOxTxIK (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09296/1007798-100.stm#ixzz0UmOxTxIK)

Good news...I guess. I just hope he's 100% and not rushing back.

steelblood
10-23-2009, 02:25 PM
Great. If he can be effective and not aggravate the injury, he should be nicely healed after the bye.

Does Pitt play at home on Saturday? Hopefully the field will be in good condition and dry on Sunday.

SteelCrazy
10-23-2009, 02:26 PM
From the Trib:

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu returned to practice today and declared himself ready for Sunday's 1 p.m. game against the Minnesota Vikings at Heinz Field.

"I feel better, actually (than last week)," Polamalu said.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Polamalu, who returned to the lineup against Cleveland after missing four games with a knee injury, would be limited early in the week. Polamalu missed the first two days of practice.

"We were just taking it day-to-day. The game plan was not to practice (early)," Polamalu said. "It was important to go into the game healthy. I think it was a good decision by coach Tomlin."

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Permit me to say ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:tt1 :tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :Clap :Clap :Beer :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
From the Trib:

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu returned to practice today and declared himself ready for Sunday's 1 p.m. game against the Minnesota Vikings at Heinz Field.

"I feel better, actually (than last week)," Polamalu said.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Polamalu, who returned to the lineup against Cleveland after missing four games with a knee injury, would be limited early in the week. Polamalu missed the first two days of practice.

"We were just taking it day-to-day. The game plan was not to practice (early)," Polamalu said. "It was important to go into the game healthy. I think it was a good decision by coach Tomlin."

South Florida is coming to town tomorrow. But they did re-sod the field between the hashmarks this week.

frankthetank1
10-24-2009, 10:27 AM
it was a bad move to play troy last week imo. he did have an int on their own 10 yard line so that was huge but why play him the entire game against the browns? he wont be even close to 100% tomorrow. i dont worry about him in coverage at all but against the run and AP we need troy flying all over the place making tackles. he wont be doing that tomorrow. hopefully he heals up well over the bye week.