PDA

View Full Version : I am going to the game!

MeetJoeGreene
10-22-2009, 12:04 PM
... Steelers-Minnesota that is.

Pumped up!

SN1 -- what time to you all head into the game? I am not sure what time I will be rolling in, but if it is early enough, I will stop by to say hi and maybe lose some $.

Otherwise, I will make it over to your sign sometime just to say hello.

NC Steeler Fan
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Yayyyyy for you!!!! :tt1

SteelerNation1
10-22-2009, 12:15 PM

Pumped up!

SN1 -- what time to you all head into the game? I am not sure what time I will be rolling in, but if it is early enough, I will stop by to say hi and maybe lose some $.

I'm leaving my house at 4:30!!!!!!!!!! :wft My wife is not happy, but I need time to take in the atmosphere and get "game ready." I'll be in the lot by 6:30ish. Stop by. :tt2

MeetJoeGreene
10-22-2009, 12:21 PM

Pumped up!

I'm leaving my house at 4:30!!!!!!!!!! :wft My wife is not happy, but I need time to take in the atmosphere and get "game ready." I'll be in the lot by 6:30ish. Stop by. :tt2

When do you all head into the game?

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM

Pumped up!

I think he meant what time do you close up the tailgate and head over to Heinz. I believe the answer is 11:00.

Sorry we didn't make it over to the tailgate last week, by the way. My son saw the KidsZone over by gate B, and he spent that pre-game time throwing balls through the giant nut, kicking balls between the uprights, bouncing around on their inflatables, playing Rock Band, DDR, and Madden on their XBox setup, getting our pictures taken, and going into the isolation booth that blows play money everywhere for you to catch. I've never been in there before, but it was fun and I got to shake hands with Craig Wolfley.

Ghost
10-22-2009, 12:25 PM
What atmosphere needs to be taken in at the unholy hour of 4:30...

Iron Shiek
10-22-2009, 12:29 PM
What atmosphere needs to be taken in at the unholy hour of 4:30...

Ha...Ghost! I was thinking the same thing. To quote our Aussie friend, CRIKEY!

Actually I don't know if Chadman or any other Aussie actually says that, but oh well.

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2009, 12:31 PM
SN1's a die hard. Leaving at 4:30 with only a 2 hour drive. I have a 5 hour drive, and I won't leave until 5:30!

calmkiller
10-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I will be there also, with my mother father and girl friend. We are staying in Washington PA the night before, after the WVU-UCONN game.

pfelix73
10-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Ruthless or any other fan driving in, what was I-376 west like driving in? We went out to see the trophies at the History Center in August and it was a nightmare.

Looking at going different ways coming in from the East.

Suggestions? My one buddy said about going the extra 20 miles or so on the turnpike and taking 79 south. Said to avoid route 28 as well.

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2009, 01:15 PM
From NEPA, I take I-81S to I-80W to I-79S to I-279S, so I can't really help you about the best way to get to Pittsburgh from Western Maryland.

flippy
10-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Lucky!

Hopefully I'll hear yinz scream overtop of the tv announcers....

MeetJoeGreene
10-22-2009, 03:37 PM
376 has a buttload of construction on it (at least it did when I came in for the Chargers game). I was really early so it didn't impact me traffic-wise, but I could see how it might.

That being said, I don't have a better way to tell you to go.

Ruthless or any other fan driving in, what was I-376 west like driving in? We went out to see the trophies at the History Center in August and it was a nightmare.

Looking at going different ways coming in from the East.

Suggestions? My one buddy said about going the extra 20 miles or so on the turnpike and taking 79 south. Said to avoid route 28 as well.

SteelerNation1
10-22-2009, 04:13 PM

Pumped up!

I think he meant what time do you close up the tailgate and head over to Heinz. I believe the answer is 11:00.

Sorry we didn't make it over to the tailgate last week, by the way. My son saw the KidsZone over by gate B, and he spent that pre-game time throwing balls through the giant nut, kicking balls between the uprights, bouncing around on their inflatables, playing Rock Band, DDR, and Madden on their XBox setup, getting our pictures taken, and going into the isolation booth that blows play money everywhere for you to catch. I've never been in there before, but it was fun and I got to shake hands with Craig Wolfley.
Ding ding ding! We have a weiner! 11:00 is the time we head in. Gotta get in there early in case they decide to seat the F'IN Marshall Thundering Herd band in MY end zone again. What a joke.

Anyway, RB. I wish you guys would've stopped by. I was keeping an eye out. Next time maybe.

Steeler Expat
10-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Will be there as well. I don't think anyone's got me beat in terms of distance traveled to attend this week's game :tt1

stlrz d
10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Check out MJG.

Yeah buddy, rollin' like a big shot! :lol:

pfelix73
10-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Peru- Wow... Welcome...... Hope your trip is a blast.....

As far as driving in-

I'm gonna take the PA turnpike to route 70 then take 51 North in to the Burgh. F#$k that i-376.

papillon
10-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Peru- Wow... Welcome...... Hope your trip is a blast.....

As far as driving in-

I'm gonna take the PA turnpike to route 70 then take 51 North in to the Burgh. F#$k that i-376.

I don't know where you are in Western, MD., but why not 68 to 79? Route 70 id a death trap, narrow lanes and no median to speak of, I hate hat highway.

Pappy

pfelix73
10-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Others mentioned that too. I just looks like a long way to me, guess I'll never know until I try it though.

We used to take 68 to route 40 up through Somerset county. 40 runs into 51 and 51 goes right into Pitt.

I may take my one friend's advice and stay on I-76 until it hits 79.

Decisions. Decisions. Wish I owned an airplane.

papillon
10-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Others mentioned that too. I just looks like a long way to me, guess I'll never know until I try it though.

We used to take 68 to route 40 up through Somerset county. 40 runs into 51 and 51 goes right into Pitt.

Route 40 is a two lane road with red lights and is a mountainous windy road. Route 51 is a 4 lane road (and you would pass Tambellinis restaurant on your way into Pittsburgh :Cheers ), but it has many red lights and is a pain. Route 79 is a 4 lane highway and 65 is the posted speed. You couldn't go 65 on route 40 or 51 if you wanted to. Well, you could, but you'd need to be in a Lamborghini or Ferrari with outstanding road hugging abilities.

I'd give the 68 to 79 route a shot if you're near enough to 68 and don't have to go to far out of your way.

Pappy

pfelix73
10-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I know- the signal lights suck on 51.... Maybe I can find a Ferrari before Sunday. Trade in the family mini van.... :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2009, 02:11 PM
I know- the signal lights suck on 51.... Maybe I can find a Ferrari before Sunday. Trade in the family mini van.... :lol:

I think the trade-in value on the ol' minivan will allow you to get a couple of Ferrari cup holders, and maybe a Ferrari keychain, but that's about it. :wink:

MeetJoeGreene
10-23-2009, 02:22 PM

I "Think" ... coming inbound if you get off the PA turnpike at Irwin/N Huntington exist and take 30 west and then get on 376 at Forest Hills, you will be clear of construction... but you go through a buttload of lights that way too.

pfelix73
10-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for that bit of wisdom there. I did go that way once. If I end up parking over there at Carnegie-Mellon Science Center, I may just stay on the TPike and go the extra 30 miles to 79 then bring that in to the stadium. My buddy that lives out there says that's what he'd do.

If I end up parking at Station Square, I won't go that way. Then your option is a possibility. I am getting a lot of people telling me to go down to Morgantown via 68 and north on 79 from there.

Either way, I'm leaving a half an hour earlier than usual.

I'm backing off of the idea of trading in the family mini van for a Ferarri (keychain) AFTER I explained that option to my wife. She said.... NOT on your......(fill in the blank).... :lol:

My buddy's Jeep will have to suffice. At least it's good in the snow...because I hear they are calling for 8-12 inches out that way........ :lol: j/k

Djfan
10-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Will be there as well. I don't think anyone's got me beat in terms of distance traveled to attend this week's game :tt1

Heck of a drive. What time do you leave in the morning?

RuthlessBurgher
10-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Heck of a drive. What time do you leave in the morning?

If you think I-376 is bad, wait until you see the traffic you'll face when you try to cross the Panama Canal. :wink: