PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's try out Mitch Berger

SteelCrazy
10-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Poor Bronco's do not realize that field position is an important factor........

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wil ... erger.html (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Wilson-Broncos-work-out-Mitch-Berger.html)

Veteran punter Mitch Berger auditioned for the Denver Broncos today, according to a league source.

Berger, 37, played collegiately at the University of Colorado.

He has bounced around the NFL with previous stints with the Philadelphia Eagles, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams, New Orleans Saints Arizona Cardinals and most recently with the Pittsburgh Steelers last season.

Berger averaged 46.3 yards in the Super Bowl last season. He had five tackles last season, saving three potential touchdowns.

proudpittsburgher
10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Well, in all fairness, he will be playing in the thin air of Denver, where his 30 yard punts will become 40 yarders. :lol:

JTP53609
10-22-2009, 09:02 AM
wouldnt it be funny if he went to the broncos and they win the super bowl....i hope they dont win obviously, but if they did that would mean he would be the only player in the nfl to have 2 super bowl rings in the past 2 years, and he is probably the worst punter in the league..

MeetJoeGreene
10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
I hope they sign him and he shanks 3 against us.

And then he connects on a 48 yard beauty.

Unfortunately, he outkicked his coverage.

And Logan takes it TO THE HOUSE!!

proudpittsburgher
10-22-2009, 09:34 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That being said, I am still waiting to see the Mike Logan from the preseason. He has bursts, but only on one out of three returns. I understand he was doing it against a lot of guys who aren't playing for their teams anymore, but I have to say I have been a bit disapointed thus far.

stlrz d
10-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Well, in all fairness, he will be playing in the thin air of Denver, where his 30 yard punts will become 40 yarders. :lol:

Nah, they'll still be 30 yarders...just with mondo hang time.

proudpittsburgher
10-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Nah, they'll still be 30 yarders...just with mondo hang time.

:lol:

D Rock
10-22-2009, 10:00 AM

That being said, I am still waiting to see the Mike Logan from the preseason. He has bursts, but only on one out of three returns. I understand he was doing it against a lot of guys who aren't playing for their teams anymore, but I have to say I have been a bit disapointed thus far.

a couple years out of football will take the burst out of most players. 8)

(and I'm not talking about the time that Stefan Logan took off after highschool either!)

ANPSTEEL
10-22-2009, 02:19 PM

I still have big expectations for Stephan Logan in the return game. Mike Logan on the other hand- he stopped playing FS for the Steelers a few seasons back- so I really don't have any expectations for him.

:Cheers

Herewegosteelers!
10-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Mitch wasn't that bad. Remember we did have Paul Ernster last season for three games......31.3 yard average! :oops:

spyboots
10-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Well, maybe he could do some short kicks, throwing off the opposition so that the ball bounces off a helmit or hits a player in the leg. (Those things helped lus ast year.)