PDA

View Full Version : Even in FF, Hines gets no respect

AngryAsian
10-21-2009, 10:03 AM
The guy is listed #12 in the WR category. Only Andre Johnson (78), Randy Moss (71), and Steve Smith (75) are ahead of him in terms of points. Others like Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald and Marques Colston are noteworthy because all three have yielded unusually low numbers thus far into the season... but when you have guys like Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, and Chad OchoCinco rated higher than the guy leading the league in receiving yards, that's just a bold slap in the face. These fantasy guys who post these polls suck the big vein layered one!

Hines is the man and will be a Pro Bowl starter this year.

Jooser
10-21-2009, 10:32 AM
I've been absolutely thrilled with Hines on my FF team this year!

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 10:59 AM
no, T.O, Ocho cinco and all the other premadonas deserve the spotlight, they are all about themselves and care more about that than the team, and as we know, bspn and everyone else who reports care much more about single players than teams...

papillon
10-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Fantasy football sucks, it is distorting the way the game is reported in the media.

eg, Ward is rarely mentioned as a complete WR, because his numbers aren't eye catching. Jared Allen is lauded as the end all be all defensive end and his lack of run responsibility led directly to 14 points by the Ravens. He's a very good player, but, not a complete player, IMO. The media loves him though, because, he gets tangible statistics (sacks) and he does do the lasso thing.

You can't quantify a block by a WR or demanding safety help or running a great hot route, etc all things that Ward does better than most receivers (if not all) in the game today.

Pappy

rpmpit
10-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I think the only respect Hines cares about is from his fans, his team and his opponents. Like me, he probably thinks all you FF'ers should grow up and stop being geeks!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

phillyesq
10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
I think the reason that Ben, Hines etc. get no respect in fantasy football is because they've long been better real life players than fantasy players. This year, they are playing well in both real life and fantasy.

The popular fantasy football players are either flashy guys or young guys. Everybody wants to find a sleeper. Somebody like Hines, or Derrick Mason is always disrespected in fantasy. Nobody likes the older, steady producers because they aren't "sexy."

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
i hate fantasy football, I know alot of people like it and thats fine, i just never got involved, the media looks at stats and numbers from players more than the actual player, gets annoying.....

steelblood
10-21-2009, 12:50 PM
The guy is listed #12 in the WR category. Only Andre Johnson (78), Randy Moss (71), and Steve Smith (75) are ahead of him in terms of points. Others like Reggie Wayne, Larry Fitzgerald and Marques Colston are noteworthy because all three have yielded unusually low numbers thus far into the season... but when you have guys like Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Vincent Jackson, Roddy White, and Chad OchoCinco rated higher than the guy leading the league in receiving yards, that's just a bold slap in the face. These fantasy guys who post these polls suck the big vein layered one!

Roddy White is losing catches to Tony G, but he is still a better option than Hines, imho. Hines may be able to equal him in yards, White is more likely to score TDs.

Jooser
10-21-2009, 01:02 PM
:wft

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2009, 01:31 PM
I've been absolutely thrilled with Hines on my FF team this year!

ASIAN gives no respect to his clone in fantasy football (since Hines has a bye the week he plays you!) :lol: :x

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I think the reason that Ben, Hines etc. get no respect in fantasy football is because they've long been better real life players than fantasy players. This year, they are playing well in both real life and fantasy.

The popular fantasy football players are either flashy guys or young guys. Everybody wants to find a sleeper. Somebody like Hines, or Derrick Mason is always disrespected in fantasy. Nobody likes the older, steady producers because they aren't "sexy."

The ladies would beg to differ.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetSteelers100409Tailgate011.jpg

:lol: :x

Chachi
10-21-2009, 02:06 PM
The reason Ben does not get the credit many here think he deserves is solely because of Fantasy Football.

Stats über alles

Chachi
10-21-2009, 02:08 PM

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/PlanetSteelers100409Tailgate011.jpg

I didn't think it possible, but, Monica Lewinski has really let herself go.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
10-21-2009, 02:55 PM

Hines will be first team ALL PRO this season, if the players can stop hating on him as much as the media.

AngryAsian
10-21-2009, 04:55 PM

Hines will be first team ALL PRO this season, if the players can stop hating on him as much as the media.

As Pap said, what Hines brings to the table are the immeasurables. There is no one in NFL history that has ever played the position like a safety. Its an accomplishment that he holds most of the franchise's records, but to put out a career that can also be measured by the level of intimidation that he presents to opposing defenses. Its not like people have ever said, "Boy that Jerry Rice sure could level cornerbacks and safeties." or "Good Lord, Steve Largent is coming to town we better make sure our LB's chin straps are tight." Hines is my all time favorite Steeler because he's the Lynn Swann of his generation, that plays his position like Jack Lambert.

ikestops85
10-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I hope they keep dissing Hines. It just makes him play that much harder ... if that's possible. He is without a doubt my most favorite Steeler of all time -- and I'm an old geezer so I've seen many of them. :lol:

frankthetank1
10-21-2009, 05:14 PM
i ended up drafting hines so late in one of my leagues. thank god i did because he has been my best wr by far and i also have calvin johnson, ochocinco and the steve smith on carolina. i always laugh at espn because they really diss ben all the time and he has been one of the best qb's this year. i think ben has had 20+ points for me the last few weeks and they still project him so low for the next game

Discipline of Steel
10-21-2009, 05:43 PM

No disrespect to Asian but the young lady on the right almost looks more like Hines than he does.