PDA

View Full Version : So who have we beat?

California-Steel
10-20-2009, 09:44 PM
Lets see.

Our wins again the worst in the league.
0 - 6 Titans
2 - 3 Chargers
1 - 5 Lions
1 - 5 Cleveland

Our losses again above .500 so so teams
3 - 2 Bears
4 - 2 Bengals

We need to beat a team above .500 or how good are we really?

papillon
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
The Steelers haven't beat anybody, they should throw in the towel and just forfeit the game against the Vikings.

Pappy

pfelix73
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
How good are we really? Don't know, after all we're defending SB champs. Guess that doesn't mean much anymore to a lot of folks.... just sayin'

:tt1

frankthetank1
10-20-2009, 09:52 PM
i havent been impressed with the wins, but key word WINS. philly just lost to the raiders and the jets lost to the bills. any team can be upset on any sunday. as long as they keep winning i will be very happy. but they definetly dont look any where near they did last season. hopefully that will change as the season progresses

LordVile
10-20-2009, 09:55 PM
that's why we gotta beat the Purple People Eaters this Sunday. show the world WHY we are the defending champs. It sometimes takes teams time to get their crap together and go on a STREAK. Hopefully that's what we do. I think we can only lose 2 or 3 more games thru the rest of the season and we'll have a chance. If lose 1 game between VIKES and BRONCOS and maybe we win 1 lose 1 with the Ravens and win everything else, we can get to the playoffs.

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 09:57 PM
We have beat 4 of the 6 teams we have played.

frankthetank1
10-20-2009, 10:00 PM
that's why we gotta beat the Purple People Eaters this Sunday. show the world WHY we are the defending champs. It sometimes takes teams time to get their crap together and go on a STREAK. Hopefully that's what we do. I think we can only lose 2 or 3 more games thru the rest of the season and we'll have a chance. If lose 1 game between VIKES and BRONCOS and maybe we win 1 lose 1 with the Ravens and win everything else, we can get to the playoffs.

we have to beat the vikes because they are next on the schedule

grotonsteel
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
As long as Steelers win SB i don't care who they beat on the way... :tt2

LordVile
10-20-2009, 10:18 PM

we have to beat the vikes because they are next on the schedule

oh yeah, most definately. I think the ViKES sweat us, as much as we sweat them. It was funny 2 see old man FAVRE with that scared look in his eyes when the Ravens were coming for him! Ben can take the abuse, but old man FAVRE can't, I got nothing against him but he needs to be punished and shaken for us to win....

AngryAsian
10-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Who are we? We're the guys who have won 2 out of the last 4 Super Bowls. In an attempt to win a 3rd, this season has had its bumps and like last year, we're hit with some key injuries. Like the 2005 campaign, we weren't touted by most to do anything that season, but with great coaching and veteran leadership we were able to get it done. Last year eeeked out wins with bangin' defense and again once again great coaching. We now have a high powered offense that is not the traditional Steeler way of doing things, but no one can argue with the statistical results thus far. This team will get healthy and once again we'll find our winning ways. This team will not only get to the playoffs, but will take some heads once they get there.

As corny as it sounds, you can't doubt the heart of a champion... and there are several hearts on this team that knows exactly what it takes to get the job done. Have faith people.

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 11:01 PM
The newspaper says that we are 4-2. I'll go with that. We have twice as many wins as we do losses. We're in a better position right now that 23 other teams in this league, and chasing the 6 teams with better records than we have at this point.

Those 6 games are in the past now, though. At this point, it does not matter if any of them were underwhelming performances, moral victories, or whatever. All that matters is that we have 4 notches under "W" and 2 notches under "L"

That that, and move forward.

LordVile
10-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Who are we? We're the guys who have won 2 out of the last 4 Super Bowls. In an attempt to win a 3rd, this season has had its bumps and like last year, we're hit with some key injuries. Like the 2005 campaign, we weren't touted by most to do anything that season, but with great coaching and veteran leadership we were able to get it done. Last year eeeked out wins with bangin' defense and again once again great coaching. We now have a high powered offense that is not the traditional Steeler way of doing things, but no one can argue with the statistical results thus far. This team will get healthy and once again we'll find our winning ways. This team will not only get to the playoffs, but will take some heads once they get there.

As corny as it sounds, you can't doubt the heart of a champion... and there are several hearts on this team that knows exactly what it takes to get the job done. Have faith people.

Well said, bretheren...

Ozey74
10-20-2009, 11:21 PM
A win Sunday will put to rest all this talk (or at least it should).

:tt2

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 08:51 AM
i dont know, sometimes i get caught up into the whole schedule thing too, but really, it does not matter, this year the chargers were the pick of alot to win the super bowl, i guess the vikings are not that good either because they have beaten teams with a combined record of 11-23, sometimes those get the best of you, you play what you have on your schedule thats it......

proudpittsburgher
10-21-2009, 09:03 AM
As long as Steelers win SB i don't care who they beat on the way... :tt2

Bingo, bango, bongo. That's it right there. Championships can't be won during week 6 of the season (reference: 2004) but they can be lost. We have put ourselves in position to make a way to the title. Let's not get hung up in this stuff now, we will know how much of a contender this team is come Thanksgiving time.

steelblood
10-21-2009, 12:46 PM
No one really. But, these next three games are huge. If we can win one against Minn or Den and then best Cincinnati, we should be in decent shape. If we drop 2 or 3, it will be tough to make the playoffs. The two games against the Ravens loom large as well.

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
No one really. But, these next three games are huge. If we can win one against Minn or Den and then best Cincinnati, we should be in decent shape. If we drop 2 or 3, it will be tough to make the playoffs. The two games against the Ravens loom large as well.

the ravens have a real tough schedule, they still have the play home to the colts, bears, broncos and steelers while they travel to cincy, green bay (in mid december) and the steelers ..(the have the lions, raiders and browns as 3 gimmes...their schedule is just getting tough now and i see thier record only getting worse.....ours on the other hand is difficult but managable....

steelblood
10-21-2009, 12:57 PM

the ravens have a real tough schedule, they still have the play home to the colts, bears, broncos and steelers while they travel to cincy, green bay (in mid december) and the steelers ..(the have the lions, raiders and browns as 3 gimmes...their schedule is just getting tough now and i see thier record only getting worse.....ours on the other hand is difficult but managable....

The Ravens games aren't just huge because they give us a chance to bury the Ravens games, but even more so because, we'll need those divisional wins to overtake the Bengals (who have a relatively easy schedule).

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 01:05 PM

The Ravens games aren't just huge because they give us a chance to bury the Ravens games, but even more so because, we'll need those divisional wins to overtake the Bengals (who have a relatively easy schedule).

i agree......and i am still not over that last lost to the bengals, my goodness, we would be sitting gorgeous right now had we won that...

steelblood
10-21-2009, 01:13 PM

The Ravens games aren't just huge because they give us a chance to bury the Ravens games, but even more so because we'll need those divisional wins to overtake the Bengals (who have a relatively easy schedule).

California-Steel
10-21-2009, 08:07 PM
This week will be a nice test. Hope we can stop AP.

SteelCrazy
10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
The thing about the 2009 Steelers is they play at the level of their competition. That is why most games have been right to the wire. We will see this Sunday if they can play at the Vikings level. Something tells me they will take this game to the wire too...

Flasteel
10-21-2009, 11:01 PM
We've beaten 4 NFL teams.

...and we've got 7 or 8 more to go before the playoffs start.

Chachi
10-22-2009, 01:44 AM
Where were we last year after week 6?

4-1 (bye week 6)

Sure, one less loss, but the wins? What were those wins? Texans, Stains, Ratbirds, Jags. The gayvens did turn into a decent team, but, at the time, with their rookie QB, they were hardly considered anything special. And we barely beat them. At the time it was not a harbinger of good things to come.

The Jags were a "monkey off our back", but what did they end up at? 6-10? 5-11? Hardly a win proven special. The Stains and Texans? Big whoop-dee-do.

And our lone loss was to the only "decent" team we played at that time, the Iggles. And THAT was an EMBARRASSMENT in every sense of the word.

In reality, we aren't that far off from where we were at this point in the season last year.

So, everyone, realx. Take a deep breath and step away from the cliff.

JTP53609
10-22-2009, 07:37 AM
i agree we do play to the level of our competition and we always have,
i understand going through the week and saying we have the lions, or browns this week so we should win, this will work out, this scheme is easy blah blah blah, but once you reaslize in the second qtr that your not putting away this team that is way below you than wouldnt you start putting your game into gear???

AngryAsian
10-22-2009, 10:17 PM
I've had this strange feeling (don't get these often) that we're going to crush this team and it won't even be close. I just feel it in my bones. This will be a humbling experience for Favre.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Where were we last year after week 6?

4-1 (bye week 6)

Sure, one less loss, but the wins? What were those wins? Texans, Stains, Ratbirds, Jags. The gayvens did turn into a decent team, but, at the time, with their rookie QB, they were hardly considered anything special. And we barely beat them. At the time it was not a harbinger of good things to come.

The Jags were a "monkey off our back", but what did they end up at? 6-10? 5-11? Hardly a win proven special. The Stains and Texans? Big whoop-dee-do.

And our lone loss was to the only "decent" team we played at that time, the Iggles. And THAT was an EMBARRASSMENT in every sense of the word.

In reality, we aren't that far off from where we were at this point in the season last year.

So, everyone, realx. Take a deep breath and step away from the cliff.

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Beer :Beer

Great perspective-giving post, dude!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I've had this strange feeling (don't get these often) that we're going to crush this team and it won't even be close. I just feel it in my bones. This will be a humbling experience for Favre.

:Bow :Bow to the wise Asian sooth-sayer.

"... Grind their bones to make my bread ..." - it's not just a fairy tale (Jack and the Beanstalk?), it's the Steeler Motto this week!!!!! (Of course, it's Silverback's motto every Sunday!).

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!