PDA

View Full Version : First an foremost we must try to stop the run

feelthesteel
10-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Make Bret sling the ball
he's a gunslinger.

phillyesq
10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I agree, stop Peterson, try to get some pressure, and let Troy take one of Brett's mistakes to the house.

proudpittsburgher
10-20-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't know, Peterson is one of those guys who you can stop over and over and over again, then boom, he hits a big one. Meanwhile, you have let old man favre pick you apart. And Petersons big run puts you away. This may be one of those bend but don't break things, lets play the pass, frustrate Favre into mistakes, and just avoid giving up the big on against AP. We can do that because we aren't the kind of team who has to put forth extra resources to stop the run.

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't know, Peterson is one of those guys who you can stop over and over and over again, then boom, he hits a big one. Meanwhile, you have let old man favre pick you apart. And Petersons big run puts you away. This may be one of those bend but don't break things, lets play the pass, frustrate Favre into mistakes, and just avoid giving up the big on against AP. We can do that because we aren't the kind of team who has to put forth extra resources to stop the run.

Don't worry, those big runs don't count. Hasn't your time on this board taught you that by now? If you take away those big runs, Peterson sucks!

:stirpot :lol:

proudpittsburgher
10-21-2009, 08:50 AM

Don't worry, those big runs don't count. Hasn't your time on this board taught you that by now? If you take away those big runs, Peterson sucks!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

stlrz d
10-21-2009, 09:23 AM

It's not just this forum...a guy on the Ravens forum posted that AP wasn't all that great against them because he only had 2 big runs. :lol:

Of course these are the same folks who thumped their purple "still haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher" chests after the Giants absolutely gashed them last season...because despite allowing over 200 yards rushing in a game no single rusher gained over 100 on them.

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2009, 10:09 AM

It's not just this forum...a guy on the Ravens forum posted that AP wasn't all that great against them because he only had 2 big runs. :lol:

Of course these are the same folks who thumped their purple "still haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher" chests after the Giants absolutely gashed them last season...because despite allowing over 200 yards rushing in a game no single rusher gained over 100 on them.

I hope that the next time we play them, Mendenhall, Parker, and Moore each run for 99 yards. Then they'd still be happy that they didn't allow a 100 yard rusher. :wink: