PDA

View Full Version : adam shefter

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 12:55 PM
or whatever his name is on espn, does anyone else get upset when he is on, he always has his blackberry in his hand and tries to look important, is he really that important where he needs that phone in his hands even when on tv.....i dont know he just gets on my nerves and thought i would share

SidSmythe
10-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Personally I like him ... he's got a lot of inside info. and is on top of things. He might look like a dork doing it, but he gets stuff done.

If you owned a business and had someone like that bringing in a crap load of sales every month, you wouldn't care about his blackberry!! :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 01:05 PM
He was good when he was the NFL Network's primary scoop guy, but I haven't really watched him since he made the jump to Bristol.

phillyesq
10-20-2009, 01:28 PM
He was good when he was the NFL Network's primary scoop guy, but I haven't really watched him since he made the jump to Bristol.

I really liked him on NFLN as well. Stealing him away was a nice move for ESPN, but they almost have too many guys doing the same thing now, with Shefter, Mort, etc.

I preferred when Shefter and Mort were on competing networks, but I find that Shefter particularly gets good info.

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 01:42 PM
well i guess i am the lone ranger that finds him annoying then......

proudpittsburgher
10-20-2009, 02:29 PM
No, you are not. I don't like him, but he's a necessary evil, because he knows his stuff. I just think of him as a little mutant who always tries to sound more important than he is. That being said, I don't like Jason Lacanforra, or whatever his name is, who is his replacement at NFLN. He was the guy who floated the idiotic rumor that Casey was going to be cut at traiing camp. I think he was just tryign to make a name for himself, or he was duped. Either way, i don't like him

Jom112
10-20-2009, 03:25 PM
I like Shefter, I follow his updates on twitter. He's actually fairly dead on a majority of the time. That's why he always has his crackberry on him, he's addicting to updating/responding on twitter.

Might make him look like a douche on TV, but more than anyone else he responds to questions that fans have. He also knows his limits, so when fans ask him for fantasy advice or game picks, he defers to others instead of pretending to be an expert on those topics...

stlrz d
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
No, you are not. I don't like him, but he's a necessary evil, because he knows his stuff. I just think of him as a little mutant who always tries to sound more important than he is. That being said, I don't like Jason Lacanforra, or whatever his name is, who is his replacement at NFLN. He was the guy who floated the idiotic rumor that Casey was going to be cut at traiing camp. I think he was just tryign to make a name for himself, or he was duped. Either way, i don't like him

Of course you don't like him...he's from Baltimore! :D

Mister Pittsburgh
10-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I like Mark Schlereth better than Adam Shefter.

Ozey74
10-21-2009, 08:17 AM
That being said, I don't like Jason Lacanforra, or whatever his name is, who is his replacement at NFLN. He was the guy who floated the idiotic rumor that Casey was going to be cut at traiing camp. I think he was just tryign to make a name for himself, or he was duped. Either way, i don't like him

Not the best way to get your new employer to notice you.

:HeadBanger

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 08:19 AM
That being said, I don't like Jason Lacanforra, or whatever his name is, who is his replacement at NFLN. He was the guy who floated the idiotic rumor that Casey was going to be cut at traiing camp. I think he was just tryign to make a name for himself, or he was duped. Either way, i don't like him

Not the best way to get your new employer to notice you.

:HeadBanger

yea really, he should of said that bettis was coming out of retirement, becasue i think that even that is more believable.....i just think there are too many guys who report stuff on all the shows now...i sound like an old timer but im only in my mid 20's i know

proudpittsburgher
10-21-2009, 08:28 AM

I honestly had no idea. :ratsuck :lol:

proudpittsburgher
10-21-2009, 08:39 AM

One of Mr. Schlereth's better moments. Sorry, won't let me embed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-khEK5oklSc

stlrz d
10-21-2009, 09:10 AM

I honestly had no idea. :ratsuck :lol:

You knew on a whole other, subconscious plane. :D

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2009, 10:05 AM

I knew that he covered the Redskins before going national (same general area as Baltimore).

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
10-21-2009, 11:52 AM
or whatever his name is on espn, does anyone else get upset when he is on, he always has his blackberry in his hand and tries to look important, is he really that important where he needs that phone in his hands even when on tv.....i dont know he just gets on my nerves and thought i would share

Yes he is that important :wft he was soooooooo important that he demanded more money from the NFLN, they balked and sat his a$$ down until his contract expired. That was why there was a period of time where he was AWOL from any network. The guy is a smug little turd who I can do without. He was mr. Big Britches on NFLN now he is a third string hack awaiting his chance behind the moronic MORT. I like the guy NFLN sometimes uses for this role, I think it Wyche or something he is usually straight the lacanforia reminds me of George from Sienfeld.

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2009, 12:42 PM
I think it is funny that there is a guy on NFL Network who looks and sounds like a bald version of Brian Billick, but his name is Randy Moss.

http://www.emdowns.com/Pictures/moss2.jpg http://unsportsmanlikecomment.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/mossbadhair1.jpg

JTP53609
10-21-2009, 12:56 PM
I think it is funny that there is a guy on NFL Network who looks and sounds like a bald version of Brian Billick, but his name is Randy Moss.

http://www.emdowns.com/Pictures/moss2.jpg http://unsportsmanlikecomment.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/mossbadhair1.jpg

isnt there always a randy moss that is a horse expert at the kentucky derby every year too...

stlrz d
10-21-2009, 08:27 PM

I knew that he covered the Redskins before going national (same general area as Baltimore).

He did a 50 greatest players list not too long ago and he had Johnny U at #1...and one of the reasons he gave was that he (Jason, not Johnny U) was from Baltimore.

Mister Pittsburgh
10-21-2009, 08:41 PM

One of Mr. Schlereth's better moments. Sorry, won't let me embed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-khEK5oklSc

Dude seems to give an unbiased opinion. That is some funny stuff right there.