PDA

View Full Version : steelers advantage??

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 08:21 AM
I may be wrong on this hoping that it helps us, but, the rats will have played the Vikings and Broncos and then we immediately play those two teams right after the rats play them, is that a big time advantage to us or what. We can see how the ravens played them, the good things the bad things and execute them on offense/defense using the aid of the raven gameplan. Again, this may be wishful thinking but I think the schedule really helped us out here giving us two teams that are at this point a combined 12-0 that we play after the rats just played them....

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-20-2009, 08:54 AM
I may be wrong on this hoping that it helps us, but, the rats will have played the Vikings and Broncos and then we immediately play those two teams right after the rats play them, is that a big time advantage to us or what. We can see how the ravens played them, the good things the bad things and execute them on offense/defense using the aid of the raven gameplan. Again, this may be wishful thinking but I think the schedule really helped us out here giving us two teams that are at this point a combined 12-0 that we play after the rats just played them....

I don't think that watching the Ravens tape is that much more educational than watching any other team's from a given week. I thought that this was going to say that the Ravens will beat teams up first and they will be hurt and tired when facing us, but after getting 30+ put on them by Favre and company, I don't think that the Ravens are beating up too many offenses.

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 09:01 AM

I don't think that watching the Ravens tape is that much more educational than watching any other team's from a given week. I thought that this was going to say that the Ravens will beat teams up first and they will be hurt and tired when facing us, but after getting 30+ put on them by Favre and company, I don't think that the Ravens are beating up too many offenses.

no they are not, and i am not to concerned, i was more making the point that the ravnes put up 31 on a defense in the vikings that was supposed to be one of the best in the nfl, i saw alot of screens and dumps in the third and fourth qtr (of what i saw when between commercials of the steelers game) that were effective against the defense they run..little things like that are an advantage for us to see and hopefully do..as for the rat defense, just do what they did not do, have the safeties actually play their position unlike the great ed reed who was way out of postion numerous times, especially on the favre deep ball at the end

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-20-2009, 09:15 AM

no they are not, and i am not to concerned, i was more making the point that the ravnes put up 31 on a defense in the vikings that was supposed to be one of the best in the nfl, i saw alot of screens and dumps in the third and fourth qtr (of what i saw when between commercials of the steelers game) that were effective against the defense they run..little things like that are an advantage for us to see and hopefully do..as for the rat defense, just do what they did not do, have the safeties actually play their position unlike the great ed reed who was way out of postion numerous times, especially on the favre deep ball at the end

I hear ya when it comes to watching the game tapes, I was more thinking about the way everyone continues to slobber on the "hard pounding" Ravens D (332.7 YPG - 17th in NFL) while wondering about the collapse of ours (275.2 YPG - 3rd in NFL).

flippy
10-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Yes it helps.

Baltimore is a physical team and any team they just played should be a little beat up...

proudpittsburgher
10-20-2009, 11:45 AM
It would help more if it was last year, as in Baltimore would have beaten them up a bit more. I didn;t watch the game, but Giving up that many points, I have a hard time believing the Vikings feel very beaten up. Ravens D certainly isn;t what it used to be, So, i don't think the Vikings feel very beaten up after that win.

JTP53609
10-20-2009, 11:54 AM
i think i did not word the thread correctly, i know that the rats defense is not what it was (and i love that), i meant i think that it is an advantage that we get to play the vikings and broncos right after the rats did. It is like in golf, the advantage goes to the person that tees off second over the person that tees off first

ikestops85
10-20-2009, 12:02 PM
[quote=JTP53609]I may be wrong on this hoping that it helps us, but, the rats will have played the Vikings and Broncos and then we immediately play those two teams right after the rats play them, is that a big time advantage to us or what. We can see how the ravens played them, the good things the bad things and execute them on offense/defense using the aid of the raven gameplan. Again, this may be wishful thinking but I think the schedule really helped us out here giving us two teams that are at this point a combined 12-0 that we play after the rats just played them....

I hear ya when it comes to watching the game tapes, I was more thinking about the way everyone continues to slobber on the "hard pounding" Ravens D (332.7 YPG - 17th in NFL) while wondering about the collapse of ours (275.2 YPG - 3rd in NFL).[/quote:38627rtc]

I don't think too many people are slobbering over the Ravens D anymore. They have been exposed in too many games. Their pass defense is horrible and that should play right into our hands since our passing game seems to be hitting on all cylinders -- well it might need a little tuning to get rid of the dropped TD passes but other than that it's great.

aggiebones
10-20-2009, 12:15 PM
flippy hit it:

Baltimore is a physical team and any team they just played should be a little beat up...

Looking at stats like those presented don't mean much.
We put our stats together using 3 very bad teams, Detroit, Tenn, Cleveland among others.
Not downplaying us, just saying comparing team stats after 6 games is hard without looking at the schedule they played.

flippy
10-20-2009, 12:42 PM
good or not, baltimore is going to bring a physical game. minny got pounded even though they won. there will be a hangover from playing balt.

teams are 1-4 the week after they play balt this year

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-20-2009, 12:58 PM
good or not, baltimore is going to bring a physical game. minny got pounded even though they won. there will be a hangover from playing balt.

teams are 1-4 the week after they play balt this year

True.......

lus the Minny players are probably winded after running so far. :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
10-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Watched at a sports bar so I kept peaking at the Ravens game.. they were manhandled and AP was running crazy on them until the 4th quarter..

Maybe the Vikes got tired or thought the game was over but the biggest things I noticed were:

Vike DL gets upfield fast like Freeney.. could be a problem but could also be used to our advantage if we run delayed handoffs and use Mend as an option in the passing game.

Vikes secondary isn't that great, Flacco had a field day and Mason dropped some gimmies

Vikes WR's are huge and will make you pay if Favre extends the play.

AP is a monster once he hits the hole and we have to gang tackle early and put the fear of injury in the air...

This is the perfect game for our D to blitz Favre and get him rattled early

AngryAsian
10-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Advantage, as far as a physical team bruising up an opponent you are about to play. No advantage at all in my opinion, as far as seeing what we'll need to stop these two high powered offenses. Rats play a 4-3 and we play a 3-4.

DukieBoy
10-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Bigger question IMO is Farve's history vs the 3-4 defenses as compared with the 4-3 defenses he's faced.

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Advantage, as far as a physical team bruising up an opponent you are about to play. No advantage at all in my opinion, as far as seeing what we'll need to stop these two high powered offenses. Rats play a 4-3 and we play a 3-4.

They've experimented with 3-4/4-3 hybrid schemes, but I think their best look now is out of the 3-4: Price, Gregg, and Ngata up front, then Johnson, Lewis, Gooden, and Suggs at LB.